Redonkulous Board Sale

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by LBCrew, Mar 29, 2013.

1. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Greenlight in Manasquan is downsizing, and brand new boards are selling for stupid cheap... literally dumping off current inventory to get back to basics. (Long story short... he spent about a month down in Tortolla and did some soul searching.)

I was in there today, and there are about a half dozen Inlets left in the 5'10 to 6'0 range... all hpsb's for average to above average skill level surfers. One sold today, and at THREE FIFTY they're not going to be around for long.

Those who know me know I have nothing to gain from this financially... just thought I'd put it out there: Sick boards, brand new, for stupid cheap... for reasons I just can't explain. Just only here to say, if you're looking for a new board, jump on it quick.

Final heads up: There's a board there called the Havoc... a 6 channel quad fin that's ideal for small summer surf. Take a close look at that one if you're in the shop. The rest are more traditional shortboard shapes, designed specifically for local surf - the Jetty Rat for smaller waves, and the Jerz, which is more of an all-arounder. There are other boards in there, too... some alternative shapes and longboards, but the Inlet boards are straight up performance shortboards.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  2. surfsolo

surfsolo Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Sounds good...if it weren't many hours away from me

3. surf05

surf05 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    Everyone get over there if you can. I bought the board from yesterday and it was probably the best deal I've ever gotten on a surfboard. I paid the price of a used board for a brand new one that was shaped and glassed by two guys that really know what they're doing. I'll try to post some pictures eventually, but I cannot wait to surf this board it looks insanely fun.

4. patgeds22

patgeds22 Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    whats their address and hours? their info is scattered

5. surf05

surf05 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    I think you need to call ahead

6. patgeds22

patgeds22 Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    thats what i figured

7. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    They're right on 71 (Parker Ave.) just two blocks north of Main Street. You don't need to call ahead... "off season" hours are noon to I think 5pm or so (???). Closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Summer hours they stay open later.

All that preaching about "supporting local," and "what the role of a surf shop should be"... here's a chance to walk the walk. Get in there this weekend. You'll never get a better deal, ever.

And just to show these shapes are proven by guys surfing at the competitive level... here's two sponsored riders:

http://www.swellinfo.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=15985&c=1

[ 522733_306489512775555_166101531_n.jpg 551764_310016972422809_950864903_n.jpg 556456_309997205758119_1832269751_n.jpg url.jpg

Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
  8. ewwoodsurf

ewwoodsurf Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2007
    I scored there pretty good on their last sale. 6-0 x 20 1/2" Bennett quad. Less than 300. Took it to Hawaii. Sweet.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
  9. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Marty (Bennett) is a good guy, and a very talented and experienced board builder. Not just a shaper, but glasser, too.

10. ewwoodsurf

ewwoodsurf Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2007
    That comes through in looking at the board carefully.

11. krl0919

krl0919 Well-Known Member

May 3, 2011
    if i had the cash id jump on that asap. they built me a barrel machine back in the fall and that thing is mental. id HIGHLY recommend their boards!

12. live4truth

live4truth Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2007
    Picked up some resin today...was good seeing you Brian!...here are some of the goods...boards are priced to sell...pretty unreal.[​IMG]

13. GhOstFaCe

GhOstFaCe Member

Jul 24, 2012
    No thanks!!! Greenlight can keep their ****ty boards. $350? For a board shaped by kooks??? Hahaha
    obviously they aren't selling!!!! That's why they dropped the price... It's not rocket science people..

And it is sad that some of you actually think these are good boards.

Turds....

And for you tools out there that think I don't know what i am talking about. I purchased a board from them in the past, the fin system was off, idk how you can mess up a fin box setup with a jig???

and on the rails one side was pushed back more then the other.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
  14. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    The obvious question is... why did you buy it to begin with? Anyway... I hope you took it back. No excuse for those kinds of mistakes. Fin installs and rail edges should be symmetrical, unless it's an intentionally asymmetrical board.

15. GoodVibes

GoodVibes Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2008

16. GhOstFaCe

GhOstFaCe Member

Jul 24, 2012
    It was a custom, half down. no refund.

This experience keeps me away from the whole buy local thing.

17. Greenlight

Greenlight Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2008
    "ghostface"
    Get off this thread you flamer.
    1. You never bought a custom from us. If you did and had a problem we would have done you right.
    2. It's easy to search everyone's history of posts. Every single one of your 23 posts on this forum has been negative and degrading to all who started the thread. You're a punk ass flamer.
    3. I like how your info states you "work at Greenlight". If you want a job come to the shop for an "interview".

I will not read or reply to any more of your posts because of course you'll write more crap back to try and "win" on this stupid faceless forum. Game over. I really don't care to stoop to your level.

For those genuine folks who care, Greenlight is getting rid of stock boards to rent our retail space out to another business. We're moving everything downstairs to the factory portion of the shop and will continue offering custom boards, shaping & glassing workshops, and materials to surfers.

~Brian
    www.greenlightsurfsupply.com
    Shape Your Surfing Experience

18. KookieMonster

KookieMonster Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    What did you do with the board? Of course you have some photos and evidence of your claims... No? Then stop trashing somebody else's hard work/business/career. If I ever got a custom that is as you say it was I would bring it back with the order form and get the board I ordered... not a refund... but the board I ordered. Make sense?

Show us the pictures.. don't spam this site with your claims please.. show us the pictures.

19. GhOstFaCe

GhOstFaCe Member

Jul 24, 2012
    "greenlight"

Flamer??? you are out of your ****in mind dude!!
    Obviously you are panicking now because I blew your spot up.

1. Actually I did order a custom from you. Remember the board that had a pile of skulls with green eyes?
    Yep,that's me! remember now????

2. So now you see why i am posting this...I told you this **** wasn't over.
    3. Working at greenlight was obviously a joke, like your boards...

To all you turds that want to see pics of the board, you will have to ask Brian, as he still has it, like i said I got burned out of my deposit, after seeing the board there was no way in hell I was paying for that.

Keep your ****ty boards and oh ain't karma is a *****?....We really know why you are downsizing.

If you had a good experience with greenlight, good for you! I didn't, so that means its WILL happen again.

STAY AWAY!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!