Spring/Short suits and Summer Boards

Discussion in 'Northeast' started by RIsurfer, Apr 3, 2013.

1. RIsurfer

RIsurfer Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2012
    I'm looking to purchase a spring suit. Just wanted to know some about which you guys think is the best. Also, whats your favorite summer board?

2. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    I got an O'Neill 2:1 that i've had for years and still does the trick, they make a good suit

3. RIsurfer

RIsurfer Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2012
    Okay, thanks man.

4. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Anytime dude, you can't got wrong with O'Neill OR Ripcurl (my 3/2 that has lasted years as well)

5. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    I have a Rip back zip... they're about $100.

Go to boards for small summer surf are the twin keeled fish and the log. If it's got some juice, the groveler... basically a flatter, shorter, wider shortboard. The market is flooded with them these days.

6. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    I picked up a Chemistry Disk last spring that i've been riding a lot. Its basically a short wide egg, quad fin setup. 5'10" x 22" x 2 3/8" I could undoubtedly have gone shorter, but by keeping it on the bigger sider i had some real fun sessons in punchy waves this winter in 5 mm rubber.

When it gets smaller than waist high and soft in the summer, mini simmons are my go to boards. I havent found anything, including a log, that lets you do as much on a 1-2 foot wave.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013