What is with all the NJ threads lately?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by RIsurfer, May 16, 2013.

1. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    Outside of Alaska, Florida has the most coastline. Even more then California.

2. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    You've now created 2 threads that are directly about New Jersey... First you asked if it was overrated.. Now you ask why people talk about it...

Why are you interested? Explain...

3. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Good point, never thought about that but makes sense

4. Indirect

Indirect Active Member

Apr 22, 2013
    All that I heard was Florida is more awesome than NJ. That's it :p

5. wombat

wombat Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2012

I am not the most tech savvy but it feels like ShredAir might be some sort of weird AI. I have heard of this technology where it selects key words from a post and comes back with something that sorta, but doesnt really make sense. This one seems to throw in a random google search result as well. Anyone know enough to opine on this?

6. beachbreak

beachbreak Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2008
    most densely populated state.everyone's from new jersey.the worst are phony va beach 'locals' in obx cursing us,then we find they originally came from nj.used to be everyone from nj moved to fla,then va,then arizona,then colorado,now the carolinas.everywhere you go,we are there.you can't escape us.
    side note=ny is not the same surf as nj.ours is much more consistently better.Hatteras,NJ #2, then everybody else.we aren't dominating the forum as much lately because there's been a lot of good surf here.

7. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    ShredAir is Kai

8. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Jersey has the best benchers!!! That is why there are so many bench offs!

9. KillaKiel

KillaKiel Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Try benching a 450 lb. Hindu model on a longboard while gettin' shacked on you own board on a 23 foot New Jersey Double Overheader while shotting a pier. This my friends, is the new standard.

In a related story, Monmouth local, Jarvis Trainsworth noserides a 2.3 foot wave with a 4.5 lb Chiuahuaha in his fanny pack while using a shakeweight. He was last seen riding straight towards a jetty. His Hindu wife and 3 children are now hungry. Their combined weight it 450 lbs. They will get benched for food. Terminate your Gold's Gym membership and get your swell on for a good cause.

10. wombat

wombat Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2012
    post this somewhere out of context and let the hilarity ensue. this is extremely funny gibberish!!

11. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    +1 Good stuff man, well thought out and surprisingly informative.

12. Riley Martin's Disgruntled Neighbor

Riley Martin's Disgruntled Neighbor Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Florida.... the further north you go, the further south you get.

I dont know too much about Jersey, but I know Rhode Island is the Crown Jewel of the 50.

13. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
  14. Paddington Jetty Bear

Paddington Jetty Bear Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2013
    Hey yo,

I didn't read all of the posts on this thread yet.........

But to answer your question in a general manner..........

New Jersey is an interesting place. It lives sandwiched between two historic and monumental cities (Philadelphia and ...and what's that place's name......oh yeah, New York). It has it's manufacturing roots, along with the rest of the North East, that used to make the area viable and important. Yes, the manufacturing influence has waned, and that's why an area like New Jersey, that was once so great, is now on the serious decline......

But y'all love to hate New Jersey. Besides deep south alligator wrestlers, New Jersey dominates geographical-specific reality television. We have interesting characters............y'all bust on them, but deep-down y'all are fascinated.........

Plus, surf wise, on the east coast we gots the bubs..........

Yeah, Pea Island to The Lighthouse has the most consistency and probably the most power per square inch, but New Jersey's got all of that plus, VARIETY.......... So many different types of waves on a given day, bru(South African for "Brah"). Plus, it's friggin populated, so y'all are gonna here aboot us because there is so many damn people here.....

Plus, we gots the Kellys, the Hammers, the Geslers and the Noonans............so that makes us a factor in the surf clothing industry..............

Yep, New Friggin Jersey..............20 years ago, when only Florida mattered, who would have guessed? But yeah, those people who claim Central Florida before New Jersey are muy confused. Florida's has the oranges, but Jersey's got the juice........And now this humble, yet exagerated 127 mile strip of barrier islands, is actually a relevant spot in the surf world. Go figure..........

15. tibu35

tibu35 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2009
    I don't know...you start half of them.

16. RIsurfer

RIsurfer Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2012
    I don't mean to be an idiot, I know jersey has its good and great days and I respect that. But I just don't understand why not that many people try the northeast. I've seen just as manyndays in the northeast than jersey. I guess its good actually for crowd control. That just brought up summer in jersey in my mind...

17. fl.surfdog

fl.surfdog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2010
    DawnPatrol im going to go out on a limb with this statement, I willing to bet a nickel that we florida folks are in the water surfing more OH waves in a years time than just about anyone on the east coast, I wish there was some statistics out there to prove it

18. Miahnaise

Miahnaise Member

Apr 25, 2013
    Does NJ really get 23ft. waves or are you guys just full of it??

19. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Delusions of Grandeur - a delusion (common in paranoia) that you are much greater and more powerful and influential than you really are

20. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    I think you have a point, although there's really no data to back this up, It's definitely debatable. Anybody who has lived here long enough knows what's up.