Here come the packed lineups...

Discussion in 'USA Mainland Surf Forum' started by Swellinfo, May 23, 2013.

1. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    Memorial Day Weekend plus a decent swell for many areas...
    Get ready for that surge of people in the lineup, its always a dramatic shift, at least where I live.

2. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Thank Gawd it's supposed to rain up here saturday, hopefully it'll keep a bunch of ppl home.

3. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    I second that!

4. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    Let it rain! It always tastes good when your face is all salty, nice sweet drops of fresh toxic rainwater.

5. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Thanks for the reminder- hopefully we can all keep our cool!!! Remembering that we live here and get some of the best swells in the winter season (compared to summer) and shared some of the best breaks with close friends... wearing the wonderful 20 lbs of rubber lol

gotta love the summer pros!!!

6. backside hack

backside hack Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2012
    my shoulders are like twin turbo diesel motors.

I will be paddling around and over all summer-pros.

Choo Choo...n!gga!!

7. beachbreak

beachbreak Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2008
    I have two questions for these people i've never seen before,or at least since labor day:
    where'd you come from?
    and
    how'd you end up here?

8. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    LOL I always like to ask - when paddling out and saying 'hi'- 'did you just come down this week for the summer?' haha always gets them!

Actually when I think about it- it reminds me of how thankful I am to actually live and work at the beach... could easily be in some landlocked state...

9. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Already charging my Wavejet right as I type this.

10. jasorod

jasorod Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2012
    I may have to find a different break ... the one I typically go to right now is going to be an absolute mess...

11. surfrr

surfrr Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    But can your wavejet charge 23 footers while you bench off all those summer pros and bang their Hindu princesses?

12. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Get there just before sunrise and get it in early before it gets crowded, usually can get 2-3 solid hours in before the summer pros wake up and decide to make their way to the beach, right about the time the winds start to shift, let em have the afternoon.

13. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    here in the garden state i will not leave my rock until the traffic subsides.what i do every year around summertime,i go to the beach around 6pm and stay til 9.that way the lifegaurds are gone and most of the shoobies flocked back to their winchester mansions.i dont mind summertime so much.chilln with girls in bikinis is always cool,unless your of the mcgreevy kind.and lets not forget all those shoebies are the reason the boardwalks are in business and probly pay your salary

14. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Well, I guess DE or OCMD are not on the list of "many areas".... 1 to 2 doesn't seem to fall under the category as decent to me.

15. bassplayer

bassplayer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2012
    I'm grateful for a pretty fun spring. Was surprised a few times with the size and not a soul in sight.

16. MFitz73

MFitz73 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2010
    time to sit waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay outside and pick off the gems!!!!!!!!!!
    lol. oh and maybe rep out a few light 425lb bench press sets...

Last edited: May 23, 2013
  17. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    It was nice to see some girls in bathing suits last weekend.

18. xgen70

xgen70 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2006
    not much to speak of at the moment,... out there. i checked a few spots and there is no size coming in. Hope this little pop fills in as forecast.

19. Tkelley

Tkelley Well-Known Member

May 7, 2012
    Dear Mr. Swellinfo -
    Feel free to change the forecast to 1ft and onshore 20+mph winds. That should knock out about 40% of the crowds just like that.
    Help me help you.

Cheers -
    Fthecrowds

20. Paddington Jetty Bear

Paddington Jetty Bear Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2013
    Well the weather up in Nueve Yersey is going to resemble an October day rather the unofficial beginning of summer. So it's not going to be a great beach day for the masses. Plus, the water ain't exactly summer warm rights aboots now.

So, maybe the line-ups won't be so bad this weekend. Then again, maybe they will be. Will be kind of interesting to see if people blow off New Jersey this summer because they think it's trucked up from Superstorm Sandy.

You guys down south.....yeah you're screwed. It's going to be mobbed. I just heard two house fraus discussing their upcomming trips to North Carolina this coming weekend. And their kids are really big, fat, greasy Jersey Italian types. Real loud mouthed, too. One of the kids was a mouth breather, too. Ha, they are going to take over your beaches......lol....wooo hoooo.......ha ha.......lol......woo hoo HEY YO VIN - NY !!!