4th of July

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Riley Martin's Disgruntled Neighbor, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Riley Martin's Disgruntled Neighbor

Riley Martin's Disgruntled Neighbor Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    with some swell on tap for the week of the 4th, just wanted to get this out there as a means of preparation. It doesnt just happen in Santa Cruz....<br /><br />[video=youtube;HIVwBwLby0k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIVwBwLby0k[/video]<br /><br />Your local tourism council wants you to remember that this is GOOD FOR THE COMMUNITY! These are the people who buy t shirts and hot dogs and plastic lobster claw toys. And when you were younger, the people who brought their daughters you made out with at the beach.

2. Paddington Jetty Bear

Paddington Jetty Bear Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2013
    I like your location Manisses.

Real quick........If anyone in the area is interested I have a 4th of July ritual I hold. I go to Philadelphia at 8:00 am, and we meet at 15 & Locust off the High Speed Line stop Then we look for British tourists, preferably straight out of England but Wales, Scotland.........will suffice.

Then we round them up and publicly flog them at Love Park. It's good harmless fun monumenting the birth of a new nation. We don't hurt the Brits and we release them relatively unharmed with a good story to tell their countrymen back in Manchester or Sheffield Lancastershire Forrest. We all have a good time and everybody has fun.

Feel free to come join on the fun, and if you have any leads on British tourists let me know.

Disclaimer: The above was intended for entertainment purposes only. Swellinfo.com does not endorse, approve nor condone the flogging of British tourists. Swellinfo.com doesn't even really know what flogging is...........

3. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    The above two posts can answer the question posed in the thread- "Why this forum".

4. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    I know right HAHAHA

5. Riley Martin's Disgruntled Neighbor

Aug 22, 2012
    We should honestly have a "SI Forum" gathering once a year. In Deal, NJ.

6. GoodVibes

GoodVibes Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Backup break will be Squan.

7. Erock

Erock Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Yep, it's that magical time of the year when every stupid-ass UNCW student invites all their idiot friends from inland to come down and trash our area's most beautiful wildlife refuge. They pay for rides on boats illegally ferrying people to and from the island (ie the captain doesn't have a captain's license) with suitcases full of natty light and bud ice, ready to thrash, trash and fight.

They will be wearing Hollister and Abercrombie boardshorts, sporting t-shirts with colorful paintings of offshore gamefish they have never caught and/or t-shirts from the Sanitary up in Morehead City. Many will be wearing the newest jewelry signifying their total oneness with the beach--pukka shells and that stupid farking Maori symbol. You can tell they are one with the ocean by the way they toss their empty beer cans and other trash onto the beach or in the water.

So, I know there are a couple stand-up UNCW students on this board: Please, b!tch-slap anyone you see wearing a Maori and wish them a happy 4th from Erock. I won't be anywhere near that cesspool to do it myself.

8. MFitz73

MFitz73 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Looks like 90th street out here in the Rock.

9. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    guys!!! guys!!! seriously... your giving away all the spots!!!

instead... please!!! ... name the spots such as 'the popular jetty in monmouth county' lol

10. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Funny you mention those types...saw some hipster kid at the beach two weekends ago, small day but fun, friggin' kid's got a trident tatooed on his chest(no he wasn't a SEAL), so i'm thinkin' wow here's a real disciple of Poseidon...kid didn't even put his feet in the water.

11. ND081

ND081 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    manasaquan is in monmouth county?? and there's a jetty there???? i know where i'm going surfing on the 4th!

12. Riley Martin's Disgruntled Neighbor

Aug 22, 2012
    Which you can have a look at on Surfline - its no wonder the Rockaway locals have to trade some fists once in a while.

13. MFitz73

Aug 21, 2010
    If you want to see blatant infractions of the lineup system... just watch the 90th cam on an average surf day. Its like friggen Gidget out there with 5 guys on a wave no matter who is on the inside. You just can't surf there anymore unless its big, that thins out the crowds.

14. Riley Martin's Disgruntled Neighbor

Aug 22, 2012
    summer people, summer not.

You can always head down to BP. Although I hear the sugarbowl isnt going to open this year. F___ you, Sandy.

15. babybabygrand

babybabygrand Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012

ouch...this is sooo true.

16. MFitz73

Aug 21, 2010
    there isn't one thing left of the sugar bowl. possibly gone forever.