URGENT! Fracking facility NJ coast

Discussion in 'Non Surf Related' started by archy 2.0, Jul 4, 2013.

1. archy 2.0

archy 2.0 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
  2. EmassSpicoli

EmassSpicoli Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    You can sign THIS petition. You're un-American. Be gone.

3. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    One of the few times I agree with 'the prolific author' from emass. Just go back to your bunker, archy.

4. chicharronne

chicharronne Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2006
    yeah, what could be wrong with fracturing the foundation under the ground we live on or in the ocean. It's all about jobs, dude. A hand full of full time employees will inject millions of gallons of carcinogen laden water down a hole and the another bunch of guys get a job containing the gas and or oil sands, put on trains and trucks, more jobs, then to ports to be put on ships to foreign lands, more jobs. This is where the real jobs begin. The clean up after sink holes and poluted water, plus the relocation of thousands of families, and the rebuilding of houses after quakes. It's a win win. just ask the lucky people of Assumption Parish in La.

5. archy 2.0

Jul 5, 2012
    What? i'm un-American for standing up for liberty? for standing up for a safe and clean ocean environment?

I have no idea where you or yankee doodle are comin from.

6. windswellsucks

windswellsucks Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2007
    how the fff is that unamerican??? wtf is wrong with some people always having to make things political. hard to deny this is a risky proposition

7. GoodVibes

GoodVibes Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Dont know about anyone else but I don't want this around my playground.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
  8. Peajay4060

Peajay4060 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    You're not un-american that thing was bad news the first few times they proposed it. Once it proposed to be in long island sound. The facility would have an automated defense system for boats that got too close. The issue of the incinerary cloud that could be released from one of these ports is what scared me the most.

You're not unamerican for putting this stuff out there. What would be unamerican is someone denying you the right to do it. Or denying me the right to have a chance to read it.
    That is what we are celebrating today

9. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Fracking blows. It's actually insane to think that our water table won't take a lethal hit from big oil's quest for more, always more, profits.

My only thing is that I can't stomach reading anything from by Senator Contrail, aka, Starchy aka Archy. He's on a par with the orange-jumpsuit-wearing sheep herder from gnome island. Quite possibly separated at the birthing, actually, yet wearing similar freakish orange water suits.

10. Peajay4060

Nov 14, 2011
    It would also be un-american to force you to read something.

11. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Are they proposing drilling for natural gas or an offshore port? Not saying I'm in favor of either, just trying to understand

12. ginsumagic

ginsumagic Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Un-American is letting big corporations bend you over and F_U in the_A with the lies they preach. Fracking is horrible for the environment. Look into it brother before you back it!

13. Plover

Plover Active Member

May 12, 2012
    If somebody s#!t$ in your corn flakes is that un-American?

Do we need jobs more than we need clean drinking water for the next 1000+ years. Or are you cool with s#!t storming this planet till its beyond fixing?

14. EmassSpicoli

EmassSpicoli Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Did we just become best friends?
    YUP.

15. GoodVibes

GoodVibes Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2008

16. archy 2.0

Jul 5, 2012
    i believe its just a port. but can you imagine what would of happened during Sandy or Irene. plus the numerous noreasters. plus the building of the port supports the practice of fracking. also you have to remember Gov. Krispy Kreme allows the toxic waste from other states to be stored in NJ. those chemicals will be going through this port. and lets be real here, do you think these big gas companies really care about safety over profit? the BP spill is a prime example. also if this port is allowed you will see more drilling going on in NY state for sure.

17. Peajay4060

Nov 14, 2011
    The proposal is for an off shore port that would have a pipeline(s) attached to it from wherever they are getting the gas.

18. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Analyze This

:cool:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
  19. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    All my reading is being done for me by the N S A

20. chicharronne

chicharronne Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2006
    there's a HBO special about it except it's on land instead of at sea. this is one of the end results of fracking.
    [video=youtube;PRZ4LQSonXA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRZ4LQSonXA[/video]
    In Arkansas they had earthquake swarms in areas around fracking sites.
    http://www.stuarthsmith.com/earthqu...-operations-inside-thousand-square-mile-area/
    here's a trivia question. Which fault line in the Yoo Ess is the most dangerous. the New Madrid. Those brainiacs are fracking all along the fault line.