Sharkweek Cape Cod

Discussion in 'Northeast' started by nynj, Aug 6, 2013.

1. OceanO

OceanO Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2013
    yep, it's summer and mostly flat. Ok windswell days here and there, but no real swell since Andrea. people get crazy i guess

it's crazy how many people antagonistic people post here then cry foul if the intended target responds.

2. OceanO

OceanO Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2013
    cape cod sharks are some lunkers. seems the average size is bigger then elsewhere.

3. rcarter

rcarter Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Yes much better than Discovery's mock up I agree but not quite a sweet as Sharknado! The descriptions the guy gave of sharks like the one you quoted had me laughing my @ss off!

This one was particularly funny:

"Megalodons were ripping ****(poop) up way after the dinosaurs got meteor-ed out of existence, so he probably didn't actually eat T-Rexes or Plesiosaurs or ****(Poop), no matter how awesome the artwork depicting that might be. Shark researchers have found things like tin cans, giant squid parts, and old shoes in the stomachs of Great Whites, though, so if these MEGATOOTH ****ers (F word) were at all similar to their descendants, they probably ate any goddamned thing they could get their teeth on – sheep, speedboats, small continents, and god knows what else. They're like the goats of the ocean, only they're gigantic, not hilarious looking, and constructed from pure evil made manifest into flesh. "

Had to fix the censored words.

4. OceanO

OceanO Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2013
    six pack of scientists
    images (3).jpg

5. krl0919

krl0919 Well-Known Member

May 3, 2011
    all i know is if a tornado ever hits Cape Cod during the summer we are in deep doo doo!

6. VineyardSurfer

VineyardSurfer Member

Sep 2, 2010
    I was born and raised on the Vineyard and I have to totally agree with shark-hunter. I see between 5-10 seals in the line-up every time I surf and I'm not even in Chatham where all the real seal colonies are! I've seen the seal population spike in my lifetime and with it came the sharks. A couple years ago my dad told me "you just wait someone is going to get attacked and then everyone will be up in arms!" Years ago they used to cull the seal population and did we ever have any problems with GW? NO! Fish stocks were also up as a result of not having a huge seal population. I bet if some of these tree huggers lost a family member to a shark they would have a totally different perspective. But honestly I could care less either way because the sharks are good for crowd control.

Californians have the right idea: http://www.sanclementetimes.com/blog/2013/07/01/shark-warning-sign-a-hoax/

7. ScorchieLeWave

ScorchieLeWave Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2010
    I'm on the side of the sharks too.

The way I see it - every time we protect a human from a shark, a seal has to be eaten so that they don't eat us. It's not fair to the seals. :)

8. KillaKiel

KillaKiel Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Will you stand your ground in a confrontation with a shark or member on SwellInfo?

Do both and you will be the Bodhisattva of surfing, thus achieving Nirvana

Let the world know you take no crap

I'm going to go off topic now...

Which is better? Dukes or Miracle Whip? I like Dukes because I love the South. I'm so obsessed with the South Ima make a thread about southern food with Dukes mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip). A shark burger with Dukes on it would be nice.
    Why do they call it Miracle Whip? I had it before. I don't feel like I had a religious experience. Does it repel sharks? Is that the miracle. I'm trying to get back on topic but the temptation to derail this thread is more than I can bear!
    Bear? PAddington Jetty Bear? He stood his ground. When I see someone do that, to me, that's a miracle. Does he use Miracle Whip? If so, I may need to reconsider my condiments...

I fixed 3 surfboards last night and failed to participate on here. Does that make me a kook or a GAPER? Sorry I didn't post my brilliant knowledge on here last night. Speaking of posting, I'm creeping ever closer to the coveted 200 post mark! Now that's a benchmark! Does that make me more right than someone with fewer posts?

SHARKS!!!

Back on topic

Do they use condiments when they eat seals? I would if I ate a seal sandwich. Would you too?

Florida guys, would you ever eat a Manatee? We are so gung ho about culling the seals, but what about the Manatees? Are we going to idly sit be and let their population explode? Thoughts please?

What does a shark prefer...seal or manatee?

Let's talk about respect since there is so much in the lineups and internet forums these days.

How about sharks respect us? Here's an idea...catch one, kill it, eat it with a fine dining setup in the lineup (with Dukes of course) and watch the other sharks cringe with fear. Ever gone hunting (I'm such a Southern redneck, perhaps only I can relate), watched the Discovery Channel (whackos) or and PBS documentary (for you liberal types that love sending money)? What happens when the TOP DOG (humans represent) consumes his/their prey before the eyes of the forsaken? They sit back and watch. They cause no trouble. Hey! Great Whites do the same when Killer Whales do that to them. This is probably the point where someone wants to say "where's your proof?" Baby, I got your proof right here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9I_DcSbZjI

...or you can tell me how wrong I am about this and Dukes mayonnaise like I'm gonna sit on here all day and argue. Sorry, I have a job.

BTW, did you notice the name of the boat? That guy used to post on here all the time! Now you know where to find him.

MAybe the solution is Killer Whales! Those things never mess with people. I always wanted to surf with "Free Willy." Maybe I made that up and I need to post a link...

Perhaps this sums it all up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Your welcome...Oh wait, Ive' got a link for that too (by God, we use Google in the South)!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNB_RjpWnsI

9. KillaKiel

KillaKiel Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Will you stand your ground in a confrontation with a shark or member on SwellInfo?

Do both and you will be the Bodhisattva of surfing, thus achieving Nirvana

Let the world know you take no crap

I'm going to go off topic now...

Which is better? Dukes or Miracle Whip? I like Dukes because I love the South. I'm so obsessed with the South Ima make a thread about southern food with Dukes mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip). A shark burger with Dukes on it would be nice.
    Why do they call it Miracle Whip? I had it before. I don't feel like I had a religious experience. Does it repel sharks? Is that the miracle. I'm trying to get back on topic but the temptation to derail this thread is more than I can bear!
    Bear? PAddington Jetty Bear? He stood his ground. When I see someone do that, to me, that's a miracle. Does he use Miracle Whip? If so, I may need to reconsider my condiments...

I fixed 3 surfboards last night and failed to participate on here. Does that make me a kook or a GAPER? Sorry I didn't post my brilliant knowledge on here last night. Speaking of posting, I'm creeping ever closer to the coveted 200 post mark! Now that's a benchmark! Does that make me more right than someone with fewer posts?

SHARKS!!!

Back on topic

Do they use condiments when they eat seals? I would if I ate a seal sandwich. Would you too?

Florida guys, would you ever eat a Manatee? We are so gung ho about culling the seals, but what about the Manatees? Are we going to idly sit be and let their population explode? Thoughts please?

What does a shark prefer...seal or manatee?

Let's talk about respect since there is so much in the lineups and internet forums these days.

How about sharks respect us? Here's an idea...catch one, kill it, eat it with a fine dining setup in the lineup (with Dukes of course) and watch the other sharks cringe with fear. Ever gone hunting (I'm such a Southern redneck, perhaps only I can relate), watched the Discovery Channel (whackos) or and PBS documentary (for you liberal types that love sending money)? What happens when the TOP DOG (humans represent) consumes his/their prey before the eyes of the forsaken? They sit back and watch. They cause no trouble. Hey! Great Whites do the same when Killer Whales do that to them. This is probably the point where someone wants to say "where's your proof?" Baby, I got your proof right here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9I_DcSbZjI

...or you can tell me how wrong I am about this and Dukes mayonnaise like I'm gonna sit on here all day and argue. Sorry, I have a job.

BTW, did you notice the name of the boat? That guy used to post on here all the time! Now you know where to find him.

MAybe the solution is Killer Whales! Those things never mess with people. I always wanted to surf with "Free Willy." Maybe I made that up and I need to post a link...

Perhaps this sums it all up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Your welcome...Oh wait, Ive' got a link for that too (by God, we use Google in the South)!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNB_RjpWnsI

10. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Today is a new day, I think we can all cool it starting now. I just ask that people treat others and their cultures with respect. That's all I'm going to say on this topic. I wish you all well and hope that we can all move on now.

11. Indirect

Indirect Active Member

Apr 22, 2013
    DPSUP, when are you going to show up near one of my local breaks? Have yet to surf with you bro...I just think if you get gnawed by a shark then I get your boards.

12. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    HAHA, I tried to reach out to you when I hit Cocoa pier that one day, but you said you had to go visit your GF in Boca or something if I recall, waves were good too. I spent 5 days in Melbourne during 4th of July week and hit Satellite every morning, waist - chest and couple days had some HH sets too, I shoulda looked you up. Maybe next time? I'll be your neighbor soon, so plenty of time for you to wait for me to get eating by Mary Lee so you can scoop my boards. Just take good care of em for me will ya

13. Indirect

Indirect Active Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Wait, you're moving down here? Thought you were happy in landlock? And yeah, girl wanted a romantic weekend in Boca so I had to go. I heard that second light was firing that weekend I was gone, too....friend's break managed to hit overhead on a small swell just because it was hitting right across A1A from him.

Oh and when you move down, I need some fiberglass and resin to fix my damn fin plug :p being a beachbum doesn't pay too well.

14. OceanO

OceanO Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2013
    i agree. should go without saying. nice that getting in the last word on your terms and regurgitating the rules makes you feel better. all yours. you can rule SI, but like most people posting here, you'll forever be bottom of the totem pole in the water. ahh...sweet solace.

im outta here anyhow. SI forums don't have anything worth reading. the few people who actually post worthwhile stuff are getting/have been driven out by know-it-all, can barely surf dorks whose only form of social interaction is on SI. cool.

15. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Yeah dude, move is being planned for end of Oct. if everything works out as planned. I've definitely been making the most of being landlocked, but certainly not satisfied. Surfing has become so much of a priority and the amount of money we spend going back and forth and staying in hotels just warranted making the move, we're going to save THOUSANDS per year just by living there and working "remote".

Do you think a ding repair kit would do the trick or is it worse than that?

16. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    I knew there was a good bye post somewhere in this thread, well there we have it folks.

17. Indirect

Indirect Active Member

Apr 22, 2013

Check out your PM's. And you should give some info on what area specifically you plan on moving to dude.

*Note, in PMs. Don't want Emass to find you and see that a new person in the area was killed by someone

18. Bill Cosby's nephew

Bill Cosby's nephew Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2013
    reported for thread hijacking

19. Indirect

Indirect Active Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Was talking about Mary Lee, not thread hijacking.

20. Bill Cosby's nephew

Bill Cosby's nephew Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2013
    reported for backtalking a forum-watch member