The Worst People to Surf Around

Discussion in 'Global Surf Talk' started by Erock, May 18, 2013.

1. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
  2. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Yeah buddy, Chris Weidman is a young buck who has no clue what he just did, it'll sink in soon enough. Glad he won, he seems rather humble compared to the Spider, and most other Brazillians (minus Axe Murderer, he's a saint)

3. EmassSpicoli

EmassSpicoli Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    "The King's English". I think that's toe to toe with NJshred for one-liner of the week, and it was a big week on here for the wit.

4. EmassSpicoli

EmassSpicoli Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    I'm that someone.

5. AtanticO

AtanticO Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2013
    im expecting a rocky2 style rematch.

6. chiliray

chiliray Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Hey I feel you. I live in Va beach I have never seen this stuff anywhere but here. I have them work me like that and I just paddle off and look back and they are gone. I am like what the hell man.

7. Bill Cosby's nephew

Bill Cosby's nephew Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Nobody in VA beach will do anything physical to you. Sure you'll get loads of mean looks and snide comments, but generally they're ****ies out there.

8. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    One can only hope, I pray AS comes out guns a blazing and Weidman just plants him again, but late in round 4 or 5. That would be poetic.

9. Losttsol

Losttsol Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2013
    I think a lot of people here have never been in a real lineup at a real surf break. I'm not talking a bunch of old dudes singing Kumbaya on their fun boards, hanging out at whatever street happens to be good in your town. Go to Trestles, Steamer Lane, Pipe/Rocky Point, Sebastian Inlet, 1st Street (circa 10+ years ago), or any one of other places where a lot of people regularly go and there are a lot of good/young surfers. You will get hassled. You won't catch a lot of waves. People will paddle inside and block you. There is a pecking order. If you weren't born there it may take a few years until you are somewhat accepted. That's just the way it is. Surfers who grew up around crowded breaks are naturally going to be more aggressive. It's not necessarily that they are being jerks (although there are plenty of them too), it's just how they have been conditioned to catch waves.

10. Bill Cosby's nephew

Jun 21, 2013
    Yeah, there is a "pecking order", but it is at best a de facto establishment totally dependent on the participants' willingness to participate. I was born in VB but don't surf 1st St. very often because I think its a bad wave with too many obstacles. But when I do go to that spot, I definitely experience the bad vibes, the dirty looks, the aggressive positioning, etc. I just don't put up with it. That place is completely devoid of ettiquite to the point that I won't respect anyone who doesn't themselves show respect. There are only so many passive aggressive techniques the "locals" can employ to keep you from having a good time. Just don't buy into it. Go to 1st St, snake waves, drop in on people, paddle in front of people to catch waves. If you don't, you'll not catch a single wave andhave a terrible time. Law of the jungle, baby

11. Losttsol

Losttsol Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2013
    That's why I said "10+ years ago". 1st Street has devolved and ability or experience has nothing to do with what takes place there now. Also like you said, it's not that great of a wave anymore.

12. KillaKiel

KillaKiel Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    HAha these 1st street posts...

It will make you a better surfer if you can learn to cope with that IMO. Competition...its the American way.

Hey,lets start a communist wave at 5th street (or is that Croatan?)!

Everyone deserves to have food, job, kids, opinions, rights, ext...NOOO!

That's it! I am taking this thread over...when time permits. I will become the SwellInfo dictator. Its not capitalized because there will be more of us! Then there will be a SwellInfo War!

The frontlines are your local breaks starting at 1st street VB. I call on all with a Megadolonic Roy Stuart boards to run over all of the gromulons and all other collateral over only to turn on them and make the break mine!

or PLAN B...I go Start Wars on your break and roll through with my clones. Wouldn't that be sweet? Even that movie Multiplicity with a surfing twist. Just like a hydra...take out one and more will come.

Do you want to surf with me? Hey I just finished work for the day! Would you like to do some 2 feet @ 10 sec waves at low tide? Let's chase the surf schools away (even thought they leave in 5 minutes). This will be the first victory.

cksdhk;hg;dfsang;jdhfgdfg;kdhfgkh

13. ocsurf32

ocsurf32 Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2012
    People from the Midwest, north,south,west, and east. I run philly

14. Bill Cosby's nephew

Jun 21, 2013
    Frank Reynolds? Is that you?

15. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
    I'm with ya brother!! The first time somebody says "hey bro how bout sharing' that person is going to get blocked all day long!!

16. Kuono

Kuono Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Think of 1st as a 30 minute heat, paddle, snake (or be snaked). Depends on my mood I guess or how many people I recognize.

Practice for the tour maaaan! 30 guys on a 30 yard sandbar? No prob..longboarders coming in at 12oclok, gunz a-blazin, love it

Really - I try to stay humble in the line-up, maybe in a few more years I'll have something to show, until then I'll paddle hard, be cool and stay stoked.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  17. leethestud

leethestud Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    It's like Nam, man, there are no rules.

I've seen rival crowds at "destination" spots too, and the same always stands: There is almost always a similar, lesser known, uncrowded wave nearby.

18. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    This place sounds like a lotta fun, maybe they should hand out weapons to everybody on the way in to the lineup so everybody can club one another off of waves rather than paddle battles and stink eye competitions

19. Indirect

Indirect Active Member

Apr 22, 2013

Why is it that everything you say greatly worries me lol. I'm keeping any blunt / sharp objects the hell away from you if you're at my breaks! Lol

20. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Probably for the best HAHAH Nah, it's just my dry / sarcastic sense of humor, it catches most people off guard till they get to know me