Being dropped in on.

Discussion in 'West Florida' started by PcolaSurfer850, Aug 24, 2013.

1. bassplayer

bassplayer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2012
    You're right! You did everything right! Good job brother.

2. PcolaSurfer850

PcolaSurfer850 Member

May 14, 2012
    Thanks!! lol

3. JimB

JimB Active Member

Aug 4, 2010
    As it was said ....Just because you got to your feet first doesn't give you priority. She was closer to the peak and it doesn't matter if she was riding a pool toy. She had priority! Oh and Go-Pro's aimed at your self are pretty lame. A better angel would be on the back wrist looking over your shoulder so the audience can enjoy your ride
    from your view. Aiming it at you is like filming yourself wacking off in a mirror.....we don't care!

4. thisguysthumbs

thisguysthumbs Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Thanks brethren, that's the best laugh, I've had all day!

5. PcolaSurfer850

PcolaSurfer850 Member

May 14, 2012
    I know, that is a pretty sick angle, I just haven't gotten the money yet for a wrist mount. I saw a guy today working pretty well with a chest mount. Not sure how that footage will be. But yeah I know it's a mundane angle, but i bought the camera for $190 never used off CL about 2 weeks ago and just got the surf mounts for it the rest is history. Thanks for the advice.

6. thisguysthumbs

Jul 25, 2012
    To the original poster, though I love my longboard, given the Go Pro and the fact that you're surfing in that kind of crowd suggests that you're a self-absorbed wave hog who got tapped because you deserved it. If you'd been on something a little smaller like everyone else, maybe you, A: wouldn't have even been the first to your feet, or; B: would have actually been able to maneuver around the crowd instead of being committed to a straight line. Riding a longboard does not EVER give you an excuse to take off in that kind of crowd and expect respect for no other reason than you get to get up sooner than everybody else.

7. PcolaSurfer850

PcolaSurfer850 Member

May 14, 2012
    I hear you.

8. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Am I the only one that doesn't see a video attached?

9. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Ohhh... Got it... Don't sweat it bro. Everyone takes some **** sometimes. Tomorrow(actually right now) is a new day.

10. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    I almost shot coffee out my nose and all over the monitor when reading that.

11. EmassSpicoli

EmassSpicoli Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    I love reading these posts about how because of the day's classic SI quote they "almost shott [insert beverage/food] out my [insert body orifice] and all over the monitor". The best was when it was "black beans", but forget who it was. If I ever made someone project a food or drink onto their technology because of a good post, I'd want it to be frijoles negros.

I'm sure I'll get accused of hijacking a thread that the OP voluntarily pumped the breaks on, but he got enough hate and I figured I'd spare him more. He knows the crowd now.

12. thisguysthumbs

Jul 25, 2012
    If you're going to post like a kook, you're going to get treated like one - same on land as in water. The following is the private message I received from the original poster who had no balls to post it in a quick reply or on the forum itself:

"You have no right to to talk about someone like that that you don't know. Don't assume the kind of person I am just because of one stupid video. I just got my new GO Pro and was trying it out. I hope you find some respect as you speak of in your posy. Cause I have the utmost respect for the people I am in the water with. You missed all the waves I let go to other people today and I waited for my turn to take off. So for you to inult me and assume ****....I hope you find a way to chip the ice away from your soul so you can live in the warmth light of Happiness. God Bless and One love brother."

My retort:

Wow, like a Catch 22 calling a kettle black. I'm a poser, though I love the peace and love vibe at the end, don't wait to long for your surfing group hug, because there will not be one. This sport is competitive, and no matter how much preaching there is about etiquette, when you're surfing in a crowd, it is and always will be dog eat dog. The real problem is, the original poster loaded a video, that gives me physical evidence of a situation that I'm well accustomed to dealing with, and therefore, your "private message" speaks volumes to confirm my original thoughts, though slightly refined.

You're that guy, you can't hang, so when the surfers who can constantly take "all the waves," you get frustrated and claim foul that its not fair, when someone "drops" in on you. I stand by my original call out of your use of a longboard to take waves that might not necessarily be yours. Go spend some time bodyboarding, or better yet bodysurfing - just ask Mark Cunningham. No one, I repeat, no one is going to give you anything. This whole etiquette BS is always and always out of the window when its big and there are far fewer capable surfers in the water. When its small and and a rare day in the middle of a drought, don't be surprised if you bump into one of your neighbors. I have lots of Aloha to share, my heart is not icy cold, but thanks for assuming so. What I will tell you is that when I am in position, I am going to go, and if you get in my way, I am generally going to surf around you or even run over you, primarily because, I will have the appropriate juice of the wave to do so, no matter what particular vehicle I am riding - no board, hardboard, raft, sponge, short or longboard.

Thus, I say this with Emphatic Love, take your go pro, take your weak willingness to take abuse when you do something stupid, and go to your mirror to jerk off in private where it belongs. Nobody cares! Cry me a river, you got knocked off your board. Are you gonna cry when you get tackled playing Rugby! We eat our own.

13. natkitchen

natkitchen Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Wow, guess you got some feedback!

14. PcolaSurfer850

PcolaSurfer850 Member

May 14, 2012

You said it, not me...your a poser. I private messaged you out of respect and bring it off the forum. But you get off on getting on other people. Why else would you be on this forum doing the this you do? Your the "kook" for using the word "kook". Your a barney and will always be one even if your one of the "old guys". The way you talk and carry yourself. You scream suit. In your world, you always have to be right and you bring the people around you down so that you can feel better about yourself and your insecurity. Your an angry person with built up issues with your parents or aunt or whatever. Ever heard of Eastern Philosophy? If you have an open mind it might help you find a better "self". Don't live with so much anger man...go play golf or something. Oh, and EAT OUR OWN...? Brah...you can eat my @$$ for saying something disrespectful. I'm a resectful person, but you were never taught respect. Go ahead and run over me, I'll pop up.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  15. KookieMonster

KookieMonster Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    This cant be real..

16. KookieMonster

KookieMonster Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    Ill pop up.. Ill pop up bro

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  17. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    I wholeheartedly support this message.

I love how these threads often end up with a statement like this...some sort of anonymous twisted peer review process.

18. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Even better 'cuz OP felt so guilty he deleted the video! Classic!

AS said by H.S.T in yankee's old signature..."It was the law of the sea they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top." -Hunter S. Thompson

19. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Soft, Dude this is Florida, and round here WE STAND OUR GROUND! Don't you know nuthin?

For real man, you can't take down the video just because a few guys are taking some swings at you. What did you think was going to happen? Everybody come to your defense and tell you that you were in the right? This is the interwebs, and anytime you post a video of yourself and ask people what they think, you have to know that you are going to get slammed by more than a few people.

Now, what I suggest is you go use that GoPro for something useful, and use it for getting better at surfing. You make FL look soft and weak, and you give all the people on here ammunition for the next North vs. South thread,and you make them all look right. Which at this moment, I can't even defend it, so i'm the quiet words of the Virgin Mary, GFYS!

20. PcolaSurfer850

PcolaSurfer850 Member

May 14, 2012
    Why do you care so much about what people think about you, I took the video down cause people were missing the point. I swear, and if it makes me a ***** for taking it down cause I live my life by a certain philosophy and don't care for negativity in my life, well so be it. I'm a happy person with a great life. The North is full of stuck up Yankees, they come to Florida to retire and get on my nerves. Yes, I'll use my Go Pri to get better, was my plan. See how I stand up. But you sit need to learn how to be a soul surfer and be thankful for what nature provides. Oh, and you and GFYS as well. Peace, Love and Good Vibes.