Some Things Will Never Change...

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by DawnPatrol321, Aug 29, 2013.

1. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Threw in and old CD on my way to work of one of my all time favorite bands ever. Years later, this song this rings true. This was a reminder to myself that I still don't give a f*ck.

Nothing like a good dose of Pennywise 1st thing in the morning before work, just reminded me how awesome a band they are and how some things never change...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oNozzeYStM

Enjoy

2. rcarter

rcarter Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Heck yeah Pennywise rocks! I haven't listened to them in a while but now that you jogged my memory I'm gonna cue it up on the iPod.

3. Brett

Brett Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    I used to listen to Pennywise when I was a little punk skater kid..thank you for resurrecting those memories and good music. Pretty much totally forgot about them til now

4. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
  5. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    You're welcome bros! Get a little fugget in your system and tell the man to F em selves.... ok don't you need that job.

6. World B Free

World B Free Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013

Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
  7. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Agreed, this song is my soundtrack for the day today, imagine what that says about my mood today HAHAHA

8. goosemagoo

goosemagoo Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    If only the office ladies wouldn't think I've lost it I'd have this cranking all day and get a bunch of work done. Didn't one of those guys start Me First and the Gimmie Gimmies?

9. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    I heart that! Here's the band members from MF&GG:

Spike Slawson (of Swingin' Utters and Re-Volts) – lead vocals
    Fat Mike (of NOFX) – bass, backing vocals
    Chris Shiflett (of Foo Fighters ex- No Use For A Name) – lead guitar, backing vocals
    Joey Cape (of Lagwagon) – rhythm guitar, backing vocals
    Dave Raun (of Lagwagon) – drum

10. goosemagoo

goosemagoo Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Ahh, got pennywise mixed up with NOFX. I must've burnt those braincells up somewhere :eek:

11. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    All good, an equally great band as well, so either way you win!

12. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    I was rockin some old school Black Flag today

13. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    My girlfriend asked me which one I like better, SIX PACK. I hope the answer won't upset her, SIX PACK.

14. Paddington Jetty Bear

Paddington Jetty Bear Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2013
    Hey how come it's like obligatory to be a surfer and like Pennywise? I'm just axing a question so don't youse guys go and get all bent and sh!t.

There was few of those bands from that era that had that status. I heard two songs from one of these bands, can't recall, but they had that "punk" label........And it was gay(as in happy) as heck. It was one of them NOFX, Pennywise surfer boy groups.....Punk? Man, you got to talk to Dale Johnson aboot punk. He'll out-obscure any of youse guys.

Man, you guys want to be cool? Well, listen to Black Sabbath, old Black Sabbath, the real stuff, and drink tons and do tons of drugs. Do this when you have serious life problems and have the serious blues. It's really effective then. That will make you cool.

Or if you want to be a little fake, listen to Marlyin Manson and hang out in grave yards........wear makeup........Be "dark and moody."

15. dlrouen

dlrouen Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Cool and homeless.

[video=youtube;w7RTLQdrhcQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7RTLQdrhcQ[/video]

^ Enjoy

16. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Not quite sure PJB, all I can do is speak for is myself on this one. I liked Pennywise and Punk music in general long before I surfed. I was a skateboarder 1st, and that's the type of music I fell in love with at the time, and still enjoy it today. However, the 1st CD every purchased was Metallica - And Justice For All, which today is still one of the greatest albums of all time!

17. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    I was introduced to punk one summer night when I heard Bad Religion's Automatic Man...I was surfing and sponging before I skated, so prior to that, I was listening to the Dead and the Pearl Jam stuff that was around. Anyway, that night, after hearing Automatic Man, we went and skated till like 4 a.m. Then I stumbled upon Pennywise, Guttermouth, other 90's punk 'revival' bands(it was well timed with my adolesence), then I started getting into the bands that influenced them, the Circle Jerks, Black Flag, Agent Orange, etc. Idk man, something about the speed and intensity of that music for me aligned perfectly with what I felt in the water. Plus, with the timing, it went well w/ my 'teenage angst'.
    Never really got into the english-y sounding stuff. I still love those good rock and roll bands PJB.

18. Paddington Jetty Bear

Apr 23, 2013
    Ok , I just gave that a listen. I apologize because it wasn't the band I heard. It was of them bands that surfers seem to flock to, though, just can't recall who.

Yo, Seldom, there was this one Agent Orange album that had like four or five kickarse songs.

Yeah, been listening to this Pennywise stuff......nahhhh.

Ok, here's how it works. When I say something you like sucks......you don't get offended, you respond, " F You PJB you suck."

See that's how it works here in New Jersey. We don't get upset aboot that kind of stuff and we always insult each other.....

Just a little cultural lesson so we all get along.......so I don't have to worry aboot Rcarter luanching a second Civil War.

Man, you guys got to meet Dale Johnson from California. He has a punk fanzine, and he might be one of the greatest storytellers of this generation.

19. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Could it have been Screeching Weasel? Sublime? 311?

20. Paddington Jetty Bear

Apr 23, 2013
    No, no and no.......

Nahh, it was one of them Guttermouth or NOFX types.......

Sublime is so weird. They seemed to be liked by such a diverse crowd. Like, dudes from the ghetto hate everything that has a guitar in it, but they loved Sublime. I like Sublime. Sublime likes me.