What kind of adhesive can I use to reattach a traction pad?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Bill Cosby's nephew, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Bill Cosby's nephew

Bill Cosby's nephew Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2013
    I bought a new WRV nugget this weekend and like a dummy I didn't wait nearly long enough for the adhesive to bond with the deck and as a result the tail blocks are peeling away. What can I use to reattach it, or would I be better off buying a new pad? I've tried marine epoxy, super glue, semen, quikrete, and molasses already, to no success.

2. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    if you have already tried a molasses and semen mixture i cant help you my friend. have you tried ***** juice from a prostitute it has been said that is the stick with a grip.

3. still stoked

still stoked Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    3M Hi Strength 90 Spray Adhesive. After you've cleaned both surfaces with Goo Gone.

4. sonfollowerssurf

sonfollowerssurf Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Gorilla Glue......

Impacting the coast for Jesus

5. Bill Cosby's nephew

Bill Cosby's nephew Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2013
    I appreciate this info, but is it legit? There are so many people on this website that would happily give me advice that would definitely ruin my board.

6. still stoked

still stoked Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    In this particular instance I'm not yanking your chain. I've done it successfully. Make sure you have enough pressure on the pad. Also read the instructions.

7. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    You blew it dude, just go and buy a new one

8. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Super glue works best- if in doubt - I would ask GRUVI - he should know

9. dudeclimbing

dudeclimbing Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Try the 3m supper 77 or 90 spray after cleaned properly. It was designed for automotive industry for adhering trim and door molding. I use both daily in boot fitting. Waterproof and long lasting. The only way I can get it to release after used is a thermostat controlled heat gun. JUSt Clean both surfaces Extreemly Well Before Applying. Good luck. 1 can about ten bucks. New pad 30ish n up. Oh by the way read both labels first! one or the other may or may not react with board material depending on boards build.

10. Blackfish

Blackfish Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2013
    Are you using cheap super glue or the real thing, super glue from the dollar store never works. Unless you really like the existing trac pad, get a new pad, if you use any adhesive that WILL stick...it will never come off.

11. fl.surfdog

fl.surfdog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2010
    Weldwood contact cement, buy a $2.00 paint brush paint, paint cement on both surfaces, let dry, then put pad on, be careful putting pad on. once on its stays on.