Fins of choice

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by GoodVibes, Sep 25, 2013.

1. GoodVibes

GoodVibes Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2008
    I recently had my first quad shaped by Mahady and can't see myself ever going back to a thruster now.Just curious what everyones favorite fin selection is and why.

2. krl0919

krl0919 Well-Known Member

May 3, 2011
    i am a quad man myself. picked up some rastas for my hayden and they are unreal. unfortunately my Hayden is the only board i have with future boxes so i cant switch them over but they complement the board perfectly. i highly recommend them

3. GoodVibes

Jun 29, 2008
    Got the same fins and worth every dime.

4. Gilman Photography

Gilman Photography Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    same here shaped my first quad in 08 and thats all i have been riding since. love quads and sometimes with a nubster!

5. njsurfer42

njsurfer42 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    being a human of the larger persuasion, i really like the MB-2. the front fins are nice & upright, kinda like the WCT but w/ more area, & the rears are something like 4.22, so pretty decently sized. i have a pair of True Ames T. Patterson quad rears that i want to try out, but i'm a bit concerned they may be too small; they're 3.95. so we'll see...if we ever actually get waves.

6. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
    futures SA3. amazing amount of drive.

7. GoodVibes

Jun 29, 2008
    That's another thing I'll be sticking with and that's Futures.

8. Bill Cosby's nephew

Bill Cosby's nephew Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2013
    I got my first quad three weekends ago and I've gotten about five 3 second rides on it. **** this flat spell

9. wavehog1

wavehog1 Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2013
    Hey Pumpmaster and whoever else..... The bigger the fin the more drive you will have. Usually about a size 7 will give you the best drive. Bigger fins are better.... unless you don't surf very well and then, well it doesn't matter.

10. rcarter

rcarter Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Or unless you like looser boards, tail slides or other things smaller fins are better for. Also your statement is only true to a point. At some point all that fin area increases the drag to a point where you are slower. But great mindless broad statement.

Oh and to the OP, I like Future Rastas too.