Body Boarding

Discussion in 'Global Bodyboarding Talk' started by livesurfish, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Paddington Jetty Bear

Paddington Jetty Bear Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2013
    DUDE, if you can't stand up with an injured paw then you gots problems......

NO INJURY EVER STOPPED LASSIE OR RIN TIN TIN !!!!! THEY FULFILLED THEIR MISSIONS.

A surfer with an injury should go gracefully like a horse and be put down. It's better than laying of a piece of faom that's not long enough and not glassed-over for toughness. Man, a piece of foam ain't a real piece of foam unless it has glassing on it. Tough guys use glassing. Dude, I had five protiene shakes today.....so far. And I like my foam over six foot and glassed.........by an American.

Get an artificial limb and stand up like a man.

Women are natural knee boarders........you get it? Huh, do you guys get that? Also women should take to SUP'ing because they are used to cleaning the house. DO you guys get that one, too? You know, sweeping the floor is like paddling an SUP.......do youse guys get it?

HEY SUP, yeah I got waves both Saturday and Sunday.........How aboot you? It was friggin waist to chest all weekend with varying wind speeds and directions. SUnday was NW the real version of offshore. F^%$ SW winds you North Jersey #@$%^. Yeah not this year, dudes. It's going offshore NW all this winter.........and ha, all of your sandbars are dying. I saw a picture of Manasquan yesterday and it was 1-2 foot dribble. HA !! THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN.

2. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    HAHA, Guess you haven't made your way over to my "Ended the summer with a bang" thread huh. So as it turned out I needed to make a precision strike, and that I did. On Saturday I was going to hit up New Smyrna / Ponce Inlet but then had a feeling it may actually be better a bit South, which rarely happens but this time was one of those times.

I checked go-to spot #1 and it was chest to HH or 4-5ft and wonky, I was out there chasing peaks like a mirage, managed to get a few on the Coil before I decided that there has to be better conditions somewhere, so I went to my go-to spot #2 and It was HH+ or 5-6ft groundswell and consistent, very playful wedges with light offshores that had just turned since blowing onshore all night, the sets were coming with no end in sight. I walked away 4.5hrs later completely spent and I grubbed out on some Taco City on the way home. Man that place has some good Mexifood. Ever sh*t an entire enchilada or burrito before? Wooah, lay off on the hot sauce unless you got some ice cream to cool the burn.

3. Spunjer

Spunjer Active Member

Aug 10, 2013
    man, all i did was made a small comment...

4. beachkat

beachkat Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2009
  5. thisguysthumbs

thisguysthumbs Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Oh, he PBJ is a definite something of that sort, but don't go insulting jackasses, he's actually lower than that, as you can tell by his close-mindedness.

6. Paddington Jetty Bear

Apr 23, 2013
    First of all, Thumbs, why you be thinking Beachkat was talking aboot me? How presumptive of you.

So, you have some kind of problem? Speak it out, dude. What, you a sponge or something? If you are upset at my post on this thread......go back and read it again. Read it carefully.

Dude, my mind is so open it ain't even funny.

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Irony, children. PJB's post was irony.

Second the rec for Kicks. Very comfy.

8. Paddington Jetty Bear

Apr 23, 2013
    Well, I was going for sarcasm, but you get a box of Crackerjacks for recognizing. PM me your home address and you will get a box of Crackerjacks autographed by Paddington Jetty Bear. And maybe I'll throw in a bar of Jimbo's Surf Wax.

I dig your SWELLINO.COM handle. Scarecrow.........I like it. Especially since it is fall. Good deal.

9. epictetus

epictetus Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Again what is the point of even catching a wave if you aren't gonna stick your d**k in it? That's why standing up makes no sense to me...

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Thanks, babe! Autographed Crackerjacks! Whooeee. Don't need the wax, though. It's getting to be wetsuit time even down south now and my little yellow sponge don't need wax when I wear my wetsuit. Oh, and there's no surf, either.

11. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Man I'm glad someone else finally got that. Irony fellers.

12. thisguysthumbs

thisguysthumbs Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    I'm a full blown quiver, since you're asking, kinda like "Sprout" (there is a time place and use for every kind of board from my bare belly through my PVC raft, sponge, fishes, fun boards, to my 12ft. and even my SUP), and forgive me for not getting your "sarcasm/irony." I guess I'm just a little winded by your overblown obsessive posting, which is never all that funny, sarcastically appropriate, or properly gravitated toward convincing irony, especially when you dog on those who are asking for real help in situations that find them doing their best to enjoy the ocean.

I went back and read your post, 'carefully,' and I still couldn't get through all of its condescension and passive aggressive abuse. Past experience is leading to post less and read less on this forum, but for what its worth, I find your's most worthy of passing over as they have drifted past my interest due to their obvious craving for attention and narcissistic under/overtones. And most importantly, despite what you think, your mind is no so open, and that's never funny.

13. Paddington Jetty Bear

Apr 23, 2013
    My obssesive posting.....what aboot the others, Mr. Thumbs? What aboot the others? Call them out, too. I post much less than quite a few people on here. And I have no life. All my friends are dead, locked-up or I'm not aloud to hang around them. THIS IS ALL I HAVE, THUMBS............THIS IS ALL I HAVE........(intense sobbing)

I have had numerous people compliment me on my funny-ness, like, for example, World B. Freilinghaus thinks I'm grand(sorry if I muffed your name). So that makes you an uptight dork who in reality is the one seeking attention. Really, consindering my personality, do you think I really need to seek attention....on the internet no less? And it's obvious you don't know what is sarcastically appropriate because you were too dim to recognize sarcasm.

Ahh man you "surf" and sponge? So, like, do you ride a sponge when you're on your period and feel hormonal or something? Delicate like flower?

Oh no, please keep reading these threads and post more. We'd be lost without you. I'm sure you like Spicoli or Yankee or somebody, right? Just read there stuff, but please don't go. Ahh another jealous dude because he can't become one of the SWELLINFO.COM crew like SUP, Mr. Brewengineer, OIPAUL, Mfitz, and Seldom Seen.

If you don't like my stuff, then why do you "attempt" to read it? Can't help yourself can you big guy. Hey, aren't you the anti-Hawaiian tough guy? The one who "witnessed or heard" aboot rapes and throwing people off of cliffs in Hawaii.......yeah right, dude. Riggghhhtttt.....

Oh, I like how you forced the big words, dude. That must have taken awhile for you to write, huh.......Don't think I didn't notice that. I notice everything because I watch Law & Order....I'm trained like a NYC detective.

And who do I dog who axs for help? I actually give advice. But yeah, I'm not concerned with helping people learn how to surf over the internet. That's not what it's all aboot. And I don't care aboot hobbyists trying to enjoy the ocean. Surfing's not aboot enjoyment, it's aboot being territorial, performance and being cool.

14. World B Free

World B Free Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013

Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
  15. wavehog1

wavehog1 Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2013
    Please don't take this the wrong way but can someone help me understand why some individuals choose bodyboarding over surfing?

It seems like a lot of extra work just to lay down to surf. Then I see most bodyboarders get up on their knees anyway. I could see back in the ol 80's days the advantage but nowadays you can actually do more on a surfboard then a bodyboard.

I can see the perks of like body surfing when its flat or something but I just have a hard time understanding why people like to body board. I get paddle boarding, longboarding, kayaking etc....

Down here in Central Florida body boarding is pretty rare. I don't know, is because of the rocks or something up north where its too shallow to surf or something? Places like the Wedge I can see the advantage of body boarding or body surfing,

Another sport really taking off again down here is skim boarding. I've heard its also pretty big up North. Here in Smyrna conditions aren't great for skim boarding but south of us where the beach is steeper a lot of people do it.

16. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    That'd be like trying to explain why you prefer blondes to redheads. I can give you my personal reasons, but it's a matter of what you're drawn to. As to why there's not much of a BB scene in central Fla, idk, maybe lots of mushy waves(not knocking Fla, just guessing)...to experience the sponge to it's fullest potential you want steep, hollow, pitching waves.

17. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    Have you ever ridden one wavehog?

18. wavehog1

wavehog1 Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2013
    Actually when I was a kid, think about 8 years old we all went body boarding with my older cousin and he had a surfboard. I loved body boarding that day and soon after got my first surfboard.

I love anything to do with the water, short board is my thing and maybe when I'm old I'll progress to a longboard.

19. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    It's funny how we all get introduced to whatever and evolve from there...I started on a sponge, got so frustrated with dropknee that I started surfing in my teens as an avoidance strategy, then back to full time sponge. I got a mini-mal recently that a buddy let me borrow, and even Monday when it was small I was looking at my gear, thinking about doing some longboarding, but just love the sponge man.

20. Spunjer

Spunjer Active Member

Aug 10, 2013
    i grew up not too far from Walls, bodyboarding spot in waikiki. that's where i first felt the power of the ocean. i've been addicted to it eversince. eventually going out with my buds to Sandys, a shorebreak on the southeast side of the islands. i think that would explain why i prefer steep, hollow waves over open faces. i tried surfing, but i just can't get the same rush. that's my personal take on it anyways...