Which is better 2

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by NoSponges, Oct 5, 2008.

1. NoSponges

NoSponges Well-Known Member

May 4, 2008
    I want to know if bodyboarding (aka sponging) is better than body surfing. And whatever ur answer is, I want to kno why you think the way you do. :cool: Only answers relating to these two water sports have any relevence.

2. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    This is like asking what is a better way to eat spaghetti - with your hands or with a fork.

What is better short-boarding or body surfing? what is better kite-surfing or long boarding? what is better cheerios or corn flakes?

I know any easy way to find the answer to this mysterious question. Get on a bodyboard with some fins and give it a shot. If you've never bodyboarded, you'll prob be surprised at the learning curve. If you have bodyboarded and would rather be bodysurfing, then there you have it...

Your username already notes that you are anti-sponge, so this seems like a polite way of starting an argument of your bodyboarding sucks campaign?

I hate to rant... but there are many ways to skin a cat, and I think we have about covered all of them in the topic of bodyboarding verse surfing.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2008

3. tbing

tbing Well-Known Member

May 27, 2008
    Everything in the water is fun. Body surfing, body boarding, surfing, kayaking... seriously whatever you do, if you have fun doing it, who the **** cares if other people don't like it

4. DPR

DPR Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2008
    Body surfing is fun but its nothing like bodyboarding. Bodyboarding u can do so much more tricks and you can take on bigger waves.

5. Shakagrom

Shakagrom Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2008
    can you close this thread... its giving me a head ache

6. Freedom2Surf

Freedom2Surf Member

Oct 3, 2008
    i love bodysurfing and hate sponging

7. MDSurfer

MDSurfer Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2006
    The Wedge

So I guess you've never seen the Dirty, Nasty Wedge. Now that takes nerve.

8. aczaplicki

aczaplicki Well-Known Member

May 10, 2008
    It all depends on your personal preference. I personally like to body surf better. I feel like its easier to get out, and its more natural.

9. Xtreme*Liquidshredda

Xtreme*Liquidshredda Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    wouldnt you get really tired if you were bodysurfing for an hour because you would have to be treading water the whole time where as in surfing you sit on your board

10. ToobSauce

ToobSauce Active Member

Aug 13, 2008
    I prefer eating spaghetti with my hands, but only at nice restaurants.

11. Bboardingrulz!

Bboardingrulz! Member

May 4, 2008
    The purists of bodysurfing

Bodysurfing is surfing in its purest form. These guys would know. I love bodyboarding, but nothing beats this. I mean, who's screwing up the day here? It's not the body surfers and nobody is talking trash either.

Attached Files:

12. some_ergosurfer

some_ergosurfer Member

Sep 15, 2008
    never been a fan of body boarding but i love going body surfing when its no good for surfing and just closing out thats the best for body surfing i think.( if you get a thrill out of being worked over by mother nature)

13. wallysurfr

wallysurfr Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2007
    body surfing is better. has anyone ever tried catching the wave under water? Like as the swell approached you drop to the bottom and push off the bottom towards the beach as the wave passes over you? If not, you should try it. It's pretty cool cause the energy from the wave will shoot you right through the face of the wave head first. But be careful, it's a good way to break your neck if it's shallow.

14. Kneeboarder4Life

Kneeboarder4Life Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2008
    golden shower power hour

while KB4L loves getting his digits into some spaghetti, he still says that KNEEBOARDING is the ultimate rush in watersports. (excluding peeing on some chick.)

15. NoSponges

NoSponges Well-Known Member

May 4, 2008
    If it's spagetti you want-

Try this 10 minute bodysurfing ride on for size.
    http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-9809382-1.html
    I'm just trying to imagine him hitting a pot-hole, or triangular shaped pebble.
    You have to figure he'd have to be French- Frenchman Jean-Yves Blondeau aka Rollerman

16. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    that video was awesome... he was passing those motorcycles.

17. DavidOlya

DavidOlya Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2007
    I hear you man, I just swallowed three bottles of tylenol...........EXTRA STRENGTH!!!!!!!

18. Driftingalong

Driftingalong Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2008
    That was pretty wicked!

19. MDSurfer

MDSurfer Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Who said you can't bodysurf big waves?

Bodysurfing is the ultimate thrill ride. Just you, (a pair of flippers of course), and the wave. And yes, I've done the submerged bodysurfing referred to earlier, and even your eyelids ripple with the power of the wave. You're totally in it, or in free fall down the face of it as evidenced by this image. Solid abs are a necessity.

Attached Files: