Official NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Non Surf Related' started by rgnsup, Sep 16, 2008.

1. EmassSpicoli

EmassSpicoli Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Did we just become best friends? YUP!!!
    I'll be going to see the Dirty Birds make it two in a row out at the Toaster next weekend in AZ. First time seeing them since 4 years ago at the Dome. Matty looked great today albeit with no rushing help. A win over the Cards and they're back in the mix.

As for the Pats:
    I won't even touch that UC 15-yard penalty in OT. As absurd and inconsequential as it was to the play itself, the Pats aren't even in that situation if they do their job both in regulation and on their initial OT possession. Gronk looked great in his return and played a ton. If only he put the Sex Wax topcoat on his gloves like I said the other day, then he would've grabbed that one-hander like the kid from Stanford yesterday. BTW...anyone see THAT play? Wow.

Brady was overthrowing the ball this time rather than underthrowing, even when he was getting protection. Makes you wonder if he's frustrated with lack of wideouts' ability to run their routes and get separation, but you still have to put the leather in there for them. Third down conversions are everything and I will always stand by that being the major influence on a win other than TO differential. Pats were 1 for 12. No one is talking about how this is another TD-less game for Brady when he had a zillion in a row before breaking the streak.

We ran the ball ok but got so-so play from the defense. Dbacks were up and down but we had two of them out. D-line was piss today. Look at the Jets first TD - no rush, no stunts, but single coverage in the secondary. Where was the double coverage? Perhaps it was sponsored by ...lost

Anyway, this is me saying how many areas the Pats could've done far better in. And they will. They play this mediocre in so many areas and it still takes a bad call of the week to give the Jets the last chance they needed. Props to them and Rex and Co. as they called a good game and had their team prepared. I like Geno too and can't believe many on here do because he's Tebo-esque in a lot of his strong points yet does have more pure QB in him than Tim.

We are at 5-2 and headed into a tougher game every other weekend so this will be a fun season shaking down. Hope all you guys got to enjoy some football since swell seems to be down everywhere today after a great Friday. I feel bad for those hipsters who only believe in surfing. They must be pulling their hair out right now.

Not that baseball is a sport, but how bout them Sox? Once upon a time, a World Series was mythical in these parts as was a title. Now it's how we roll!

2. Slashdog

Slashdog Well-Known Member

May 22, 2012
    larger-tom-brady.jpg
    Say it ain't so Emass.....

3. EmassSpicoli

Apr 16, 2013
    Ha, what is this, MTV's Real World? Nice edit of my statements into a whole new quote that is so far from the context of mine. I like how you took them from three different paragraphs and topics and made them into one :cool:

Tom doesn't have adequate support on the line or in his receiving corps. He could've won today if he made plays and he did not. I still feel he's got the skill and experience to win every time out there despite those two major deficits that other QB's of his caliber don't typically have at the same time, if at all. I'll take #12 til I die.

My Birds won, Pats had their chances and lost, and I'm moving on to tonight's heavy matchup between two great teams, two great QB's and storylines that make it the biggest game of the year so far in the league.

Overall, could be the best Sunday yet this season in the league as a whole. Let's see...we had that OT rivalry with Pats-Jets, undefeated Chiefs leading the ailing Texans by only a point at the 2-minute warning, Ravens dropping to a losing record at the hands of a "surging" Steelers squad (not so much), Bengals show they're for real against a tough Lions team wining by the NFL standard margin of 3 points, Bills beating the Fish in a tight one and muddling up the thick AFC East even more, Skins beating Bears in a shootout while Cutler gets hurt (again), and those are just the close ones. Not even gonna mention the other Mid-Atlantic team that got waxed today or any of the other critical wins by larger margins.

For a joke of a pass time, it sure is exciting to follow!!!

4. Riley Martin's Disgruntled Neighbor

Riley Martin's Disgruntled Neighbor Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Giants - 121, Vikings 0. I like Eli to throw 17 touchdown passes and the Giants D to get one safety. After this game, the Vikings are going to cease being an NFL franchise.

Nobody, and I mean nobody, had a better Sunday night than Rex Ryan. He's probably still sipping champagne and licking someone's feet at this very moment.

5. EmassSpicoli

Apr 16, 2013
    Great play on Rex. He will never live that down but his skin is thicker than a Martha's Vineyard wetsuit so he still takes it in stride. Rex is stoked from yesterday and definitely dig binge on big toes.

Any Peyton haters had a great night. I'm not one of them but didn't mind having the Broncos exposed for being less than invincible. This AFC is dominant this season. What's the AFC vs. NFC record so far? Can't find that.

6. GoodVibes

GoodVibes Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2008

7. EmassSpicoli

Apr 16, 2013
    Who's your team again brah?

I thought that the AFC did have a big edge. I bet it's wider by now. Of the 7 top records in the NFL, 5 belong to AFC teams. Not a lot of losing records in the AFC compared to the NFC as well.

But this is why we play the games. So much can change. Lots of perennial doormats doing better this year while the recent juggernauts are having a rougher go in most cases. We on the edge of a generation change with superstars? Maybe not in the next year or two, but by 2015, definitely.

8. GoodVibes

Jun 29, 2008
    Denver since 1982.just became a season ticket holder 3 years ago.I sell the regular season and naturally I have the playoff rights.I was on the waiting list for like 15 years and got something in the mail that said my time has arrived.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  9. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    The Miami Dolphins are dead to me.

10. EmassSpicoli

Apr 16, 2013
    Ha nice that's crazy. People wait that long here for boat moorings. I guess you put your name in and forget about it. STH prices are great though. Mile High's a heck of a spot, right?

The horses do need some defense. I don't see them winning it all without one unless Manning throws for 7 scores. D wins SB's.

11. EmassSpicoli

Apr 16, 2013
    It's the curse of Bernie Parmalee brah. On the third anniversary of his departure to the Jets, the prophecy came true and all prosperity and playoffs came to an end. archy contends that contrails disrupted things via the Butterfly Effect and Pennington was able to sneak the fish into the dance for an ass-whooping by the Raven, nevermore.

12. GoodVibes

Jun 29, 2008
    Mile high rocks.It's like a college atmosphere.Place is loud and electric.Denvers d has to improve no doubt.The old days were a d and a running game wins championships are less of a factor now.I feel you can when a championship with just a top ten d.

13. EmassSpicoli

Apr 16, 2013
    And a QB with a rating of 78 to 88 that comes up big in a few January/February games! Has happened more in the last decade than we were expecting it to. I'd say without doing the research first that the norm is more for that in SB winners now than not for the winning QB to be above-average rather than best in the league stat-wise. The Montana-Young eras were long ago.

14. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    giants finally won a game.vikings suck

15. jchafard

jchafard Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Not so surprised there are no Bills fans here. However, as a long-time fan, it's nice seeing them do decently this season.

16. GoodVibes

Jun 29, 2008
    Where did everyone go? Broncos vs Chiefs prime time Sunday night.

17. EmassSpicoli

Apr 16, 2013
    We still here brah. Just sitting on the 7-2 record and a bye while our 53 hurt players heal up some more as the rest of the league's top teams fall from grace. A week from tonight will be a big one!

18. GoodVibes

Jun 29, 2008
    If I can count on one football nut,that would be Emass the Pat fan.Where's that Dlrouen the Raven fan at.Hes been kind of quiet.

19. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Pats are definitely going to the playoffs... They're definitely going to lose in the 1st round (2nd if they have a bye), but they are going to the playoffs.

20. Koki Barrels

Koki Barrels Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Yeah, but it won't matter...Eagles going to win the Super Bowl!