chat about surf spots

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by juliesurfie, Nov 11, 2013.

1. juliesurfie

juliesurfie New Member

Nov 11, 2013
    Does anyone know a good app to chat about specific surf spots? With surfline I can see the webcam and daily reports, but if I wanted to know how it was for other surfers, up to the minute, is there any app for that? Like with ChatTag you can go to #SurfScripps and you can see what surfers are saying...anything else like that?

2. EmassSpicoli

EmassSpicoli Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Yeah, there's iKook, iSnake, Not-So-Secret Spot, BrokeBreaks, and SpotShott.

Any of them will enable you to assist in blowing up the sanctity of mad surf spots!

Before he went off the grid in Chappelle-esque fashion, NJshred was known to provide a live feed of up to the minute status updates from the crest of 23ft altitude via his lifeproof iPhone 6.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013

3. rcarter

rcarter Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    SpotShoot also gives advice on shoting the pier too right?

4. EmassSpicoli

Apr 16, 2013
    Gotta spell it right on the search in App Store, but yes. It will tell you the desired approach angle for a pier's pilings relative to the wind direction at the time.

5. tropic surfer

tropic surfer Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2011
    here we have locals who check a spot and text 30 people that it's on and within the hour it's not worth being there.
    And you want to add to that?

6. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Just buy the book. Yeah, that book. You don't know the title? WTF do you mean you don't know the title, jewels...?!

(probably the dumbest friggin request ever to hit this forum, well, maybe not the dumbest as long as chucka-boo-boo is masquerading as bumbles the snow monster, but still .... what did I just read here....sadly, a sign of the near-future....some IT genius a-hole will create 'Instant Surfing App' so Julie & her crew will know right where to go....welcome her with open parking spots in thine lineups, yee of the new suffering packed surf order)

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  7. viajerodevida

viajerodevida Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Yes. It's called "surfing". It's included with Life version 4 or 5. I never can remember the latest revisions but the basic gist is that you show up at your local break and talk with other surfers.

8. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Hey Guys! Maybe we should just use this thread to chat about our favorite spots by name.
    I heard that Belmar, NJ has the best waves on the east coast- and it's always a few feet bigger then other spots...
    Anyone else know of any all time- best working- always has waves spot? (Like Belmar, NJ 16th ave jetty)

9. Mr.Belmar

Aug 19, 2010
    Dude- time to charge up- your iphone battery is getting low- if it dies then you can't check swellinfo.com- belmars best surf prediction website!

10. Koki Barrels

Koki Barrels Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Locals only, you f$ckin' grommet!

11. Special Whale Glue

Special Whale Glue Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2011
    When your app comes out, I'm going to take a dump on it.

12. EmassSpicoli

Apr 16, 2013
    No extra points for floaters, unfortunately.

13. viajerodevida

viajerodevida Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Hot Kurls are all the rage these days.

14. jackrichard

jackrichard Active Member

Jul 27, 2013
    Dear right now i don't have any information regarding surf chat but as soon i get the information, i will let you know.

15. bassplayer

bassplayer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2012
    I wish I had money for 3 skateboards

16. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Hahaha I think this guy's actually being serious. If not, charades I am, you tricked me.

17. epictetus

epictetus Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2013
    It's not just that there is no reliable public venue for surf reports/real-time wave info; I'm like 90% convinced that whenever the surf gets good, all the public surf reports and wave forecasts become fake too... like, they start lying about wind direction etc to try to send the crowds to the wrong/****ty breaks?

18. ioman2

ioman2 Active Member

Oct 28, 2013
    i always think that after a long period of flatness, surf shop reports usually inflate the size of the very next swell. i'd do the same thing too.

19. Mr.Belmar

Aug 19, 2010
    Hey Guys- I got this great idea- let just start some threads on here and chat about our surf spots- it would be easier then making an app... we could start one about that famous break in Belmar, NJ- you know the place where the set waves are always 2 to 3 ft bigger then anywhere else?

20. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Dude it was flat up this way this weekend so I made the trip down to Deal I mean Belmar, NJ, and it was chest to head w/ light offshores...and people think the Bermuda Triangle is an anomaly.