Hawaii in late October

Discussion in 'Hawaiian Islands' started by EmassSpicoli, Sep 2, 2013.

1. dudeclimbing

dudeclimbing Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Hopefully ya give back to the site after ur farmhouse. Ya know $$$. Lol all is good spacooley. I've laughed often.

2. EmassSpicoli

EmassSpicoli Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Admin brah needs a link to use to donate!!

3. michellejohnsons

michellejohnsons Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Hey EmassSpicoli!

The beaches are amazing all over hawaii and they have black sand beaches and the water is warm and clear. And during November i.e the winter time is the high season because weather is perfect. I was on office tour last november and we booked 4 deals from http://www.captaincookresorts.com/ based on its top ranking in google. You can book a deal because that's how we manged. Deals provide you with best facilities and affordable pricing.I would definitely suggest you to book a deal and don't worry about weather it was awesome and will be.

If you want i can provide you all the details about that deal.

4. bassplayer

bassplayer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2012
    Emass: Very cool. Sounds like you had a good time in ES. I'm jealous. Surfing those kinds of waves could take anyone to the next level.

5. Paddington Jetty Bear

Paddington Jetty Bear Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2013
    Hey Spicoli, how come you get to travel so much? Can me and Bassplayer borrow twenty bucks?

If you do go to Hawaii please:

Try and find Shawn Briley and go drinking at the strip bars

Please, please use your Kung Fu Panda skills and beat some pidgin-speaking choke mokes. Tell them that if you were back in Brockton you would have shotted them. Please let them know that the east coast streets are so crazy and that the West Side of Oahu ain't nothing. Please humble as many Hawaiians as possible. Shut it, This Guys Thumbs....you ain't Hawaiian.

Try some local grown ice and let me know how it is. I've often contemplated becoming one of them shifty Hawaiian ice guys. I reckon it's better than dope and Philly. Philly's pretty dreary and dangerous. Plus, ice would be something new for me. I got good crystal in Virginia once, and garbage four times in New Jersey.

Ahh, Spicoli, I wish you or Seldom, or Yankee, or SUP, or any of my SI buddies would come drive me around today. There's no surf......it's dismal.....and my mood is very Kurt Cobanish sans any suicidal thoughts. Plus I don't have any crappy Seattle smack. Oh man, imagine being in South Carolina with Brewengineer right now or learning intellectual stuff from Za Gaf in San Diego. Wow..........

Oh Spicoli, I saw Anchorman again two weeks ago. I never really saw the whole thing. But I specifically watched it for you the other week. Dude, it's not a good movie. It's just not funny. It's watchable, but it's juts not any good. Yeah, yeah I get it the 70's macho mustache douche bag guy thing......yeah yeah.......It's ashame, Will's got the chops but never does any good movies. Plus they are all the same.......just switch race car driver for newsman, etc. Dude's at the top of his game, then falls, then comes back.....

Hey Spicoli when you coming to New Jersey? We got a Trestles down here too and a Peckerheads

6. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    If I were to go driving today, I'd be driving us down to Seb. Inlet, saw some 3-5ft barrels on the cam earlier, nothing too difficult though, looked kinda calm, slightly shifty, but occ. a little barrel would be had, wish I had gone, but have other obligations today. OH well, been getting chest to HH conditions for nearly every weekend past two months, just had to pick your spots but if you found em, you scored

7. Special Whale Glue

Special Whale Glue Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2011
    Really? I guess Florida has been getting more surf than NJ lately. Stoker for you's floridians.
    Hawaii?..........I'm jealous of anyone getting into the ocean there this time of year. It's awe inspiring imo.

8. wavehog1

wavehog1 Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2013
    To the original op..... it depends on what your definition of waves is. I mean are you looking for a 20'-30'+ swell or are you talking just scoring some decent waves?

Typically in Hawaii that is the time for waves. Biggins!!! If you are not used to surfing big surf then you are probably going to be spending your time trying to find a smaller break. The beginning or November is when the crowds start flocking. Actually probably well before that but anyways that's prime time!

With that being said you will most definitely need to make arrangements well in advance. Unless you know somebody. It would be like trying to find a hotel room in Daytona during speedweek!

9. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Yeah Fall started strong and hasn't let up, have been very fortunate, but nothing compared to what's going on in Hawaii though, was watching the cams over there and the surf comp, it's a place I must go to, just so raw and beautiful

10. Spunjer

Spunjer Active Member

Aug 10, 2013
    lol, brah, just go...

11. leetymike808

leetymike808 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2013
    I currently live on maui...we have had one big swell that yes was 20+ feet. Big enough for the boys to be hitting jaws. But as of today its flat as a pancake. That being said this is a time of year where you can score some BIG waves, or get skunked surfing 2-3ft mush.

And in regards to the crowds, its always crowded in the water here, but the tourists have yet to arrive. They'll start around thanksgiving. Hopefully sooner cause most of us rely on them for our paychecks and the wallet is getting tight.

12. michellejohnsons

michellejohnsons Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Hawaii is just awesome in late October and in winters. Maui is great for food.

13. michellejohnsons

michellejohnsons Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Like I said Maui is famous for food. You can try variety of food there. There is a famous restaurant called "mama's fish house". Its on the way to the famous road to Hana. Also off the coast of Maui is the coral reef called Molokini. It was absolutely gorgeous.

Hopefully that helps!

14. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    best time to go is January.yes youll miss a few good swells,but the wqs and wct guys will be gone and itll be all locals.u always see footage of pipe with 200 guys in the water,maybe 20-30 of them are real locals who live on the northshore.the rest are from maui,kaui,etc,and America,australia,africa,indo,outdo...iv been to Hawaii twice,and it really sucks going nov/dec.u can paddle out at sunset or off the wall,pipe,and be out for hours not catch anything.thats why u have to go for the huge doubleup closeouts.people will see your crazy and let u get a few good ones= pipe,way too crowded.did anyone see that recent black Friday swell where eala stewart(kid with the fro) jumped off at the bottom turn because someone was in his way and took that lip to the head!??holy shyt phuck jesus.i thought about entering the volcom pro just to try to get a few waves at pipe.also on that black Friday vid,jamie o brien was takin off near backdoor,and backdooring pipe.anyone who thinks john john is a freak at pipe never watched job.idk I got to meet job a few yrs ago and he is just a freak of nature.watchin him in person is better than drugs lol.makes me want to try to go left on a right,right on a left.like Christian fletcher said,if u came out the barrel u weren't deep enuf

15. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    jobn.JPG

u see most people who consider themselves deep paddle near where I circled.this douchebag goes even further.vids on surfline by the way,i watched that 1 wave like 60times already