What's up, swellinfo?

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by Jason_K, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Jason_K

Jason_K New Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Hey, I just moved to Orange County in August and I joined the forum hoping to meet some nearby people to maybe hang out and go surf with. In all honesty, I never surfed before I moved here and I'm still learning (aka I suck hardcore). I figure if I can go with some people who know what they're doing, I'll learn faster. I don't want to be "that guy" everyone dreads when they see me paddling out to the lineup, so if there are any HB, Seal Beach, Newport or other nearby break folks who don't mind taking a rookie under their wing, I would be really appreciative of the help. Besides all that, it super sucks going out to the beach alone. I mean, it's nice to get some quiet time, but having someone to talk to is cool too. Plus, if I'm lucky enough to get a peak to myself, I get tired really fast. Anyway, that's pretty much my deal; hopefully you guys (and girls? I don't know) will be cool about all this nonsense.

2. EmassSpicoli

EmassSpicoli Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013

3. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Anyone remember the thread ln late August/early September where the dude was camping with his girlfriend somewhere on LI and was asking if anyone wanted to join them? They had like two open spots or something.

4. Paddington Jetty Bear

Paddington Jetty Bear Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2013
    Solitude builds character...........

You're going to be "that guy" until you aren't "that guy."

Californians are vicious people, so do not be discouraged when no one responds to this. Plus, there's like three dudes from California on here and one of them is always strung-out and dopesick. Suboxone, Meatloaf, suboxone.

Try hanging an ad in the entrance of your nearest Ralph's or better yet, in West Hollywood. say you're looking to ride with some cool dudes.

Ahhh I'm just playing around, dude. I hope you meet some people and your California dream comes true. Isolation is only for special kinds of lunatics who enjoy being tortured by their own thoughts and observations.

Anyways, you might want to try another site as this site is dominated by dudes from Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina and North Jersey. And you do Not want to meet people from North Jersey. YUCK. Oh God, so gross.....OMG, all they have is landfills and Superfund toxic sites and loud mouthed Italian women. Oh man I'm going to get sick just thinking aboot it.

5. KookieMonster

KookieMonster Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    Just remember, stay out of Mailbu kook.

6. zach619

zach619 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Yeah, there are but like a couple guys from CA and they all live down in San Diego. I am now back on the east coast. There is basically NO activity on this site from the west coast guys. They are too busy surfing every day. Good luck

7. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    See, this OP is so fake it's not even worth saying much, except if you're as lonely as you indicate in your post, there's a guy living with a flotilla of latex dummies (really) in a barn in Maine who may be interested in coming out to SAN & hanging with you.

And, spicoli is correct: the only Platinum Plus thread, ever, on SI Forum is the "Hello!" thread. Not only did it inspire the absolute worst from the SI crew (which means the best) it essentially wore out the brain pans of the entire SI Forum for two months. And, I think it sent a gnome in an orange pantsuits into a terminal tailspin.

8. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    See, this OP is so fake it's not even worth saying much, except if you're as lonely as you indicate in your post, there's a guy living with a flotilla of latex dummies (really) in a barn in Maine who may be interested in coming out to SAN & hanging with you.

And, spicoli is correct: the only Platinum Plus thread, ever, on SI Forum is the "Hello!" thread. Not only did it inspire the absolute worst from the SI crew (which means the best) it essentially wore out the brain pans of the entire SI Forum for two months. And, I think it sent a gnome in an orange pantsuits into a terminal tailspin.

9. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    This is good, Seen, this is good.....

10. Cuck Taylor

Cuck Taylor Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2013
    Ahh f I would have shown up with my latex doll and camped with them

11. Jason_K

Jason_K New Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Yankee, I sure do appreciate your response. I may be new to this forum, but new to forums, period? Try again. Let me let you know, I'm originally from Annapolis, and my parents are from Salisbury and Snow Hill. I went to Ocean City every summer of my childhood, and I'm going
    to clue you in on a few facts, assuming you're literate enough to sound them out. First, no one in the entire rest of the world refers to the armpit of backwoods waste of land mass east of the Kent Narrows bridge as Delmarva. Second, it must be nice to sit at your keyboard surfing a forum for a location on the opposite side of the nation "pwning n00b5" about how pathetic they are while stroking your raging erection while looking at your senior member status. Third, if your sister read half the crap you posted on this forum, you'd be served by her divorce lawyer so fast your Mossy Oak trucker cap would spin. Why don't you stop wasting your time being a wannabe and do what the rest of the toothless Eastern Shore hicks are doing and rustle up some more chicken necks, fix the holes in your crab pots and continue being irrelevant like you know you should be. I was under the impression that surfers were laid back, and more or less accepting of someone humble enough to ask for a little direction. I guess I was wrong, and this post could very well be my last, but thank you all the same. In closing, any Marylander who is so unaware of the location of the Mason-Dixon Line, as well as the fact that the word "Yankee" in that state can get you thrown from the upper reaches of Camden Yards deserves what he gets, and sir, you have gotten just a little of what you deserve here. Crawl in a hole and die.

12. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Man on Fire! Or maybe it's just the Ol Grandad talking. I seem to have touched a nerve...?

Jason, are you sitting at your keyboard with your hockey mask on again tonight...? It's only Tuesday, Jason. Tsk, tsk....you're not permitted to go into insane rages about your love for spicy crab cakes unless it's the weekend, and that, only if you're being cradled by chucka-boo-boo.

Take off the hockey mask, don't wear your wetsuit to bed again tonight & above all....learn to read.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  13. Cuck Taylor

Cuck Taylor Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2013
    Jason I would recommend that you stay on the forum and look past what the Yankee has said. I too was once a junior here and I was abused. Yankee was one of my personal trolls for a good time but like most viruses it passed.

If your looking to connect and find friendly interactions then I'm sure you will make them. I don't know how west coast people on this forum are when it comes to reality but I've been able to connect with real cool east coast surfer people on this site and that's despite my harsh humor and beatings of latex dolls.

https://vine.co/v/hH6ug2jVDvU

Jason this is how I dealt with my Yankee virus, I used a heavy dose of aggression until the trolling frequency begins to diminish. You seem like a sharp guy, use your prior forum skills to your advantage.

14. rcarter

rcarter Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    So either Jason is a current member trying to get himself a HOF thread like the Hello one or obviously does not know this forum. Jason, considering 85% or more of the posters are on the East Coast and you come with this holier than thou attitude about us this may very well go the direction of the Hello thread. Second if you think surfers on SI are "laid back" about folks asking for help you have not read sh!t on here. And speaking for the South (and perhaps Yankee too):
    9400.jpg

15. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2013
    JasonK listening to Yankee or Charles is trouble. you dont want to listen to me either, just enjoy, you seem to have the hang of it

16. EmassSpicoli

EmassSpicoli Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    When I posted it for the FauxP in this thread, I had to go back and read it again for all its glory. That thread stopped this board and mesmerized all for 6 full days. I agree about the refractory period. Not sure if this place will ever be the same. When you go back and re-read it, you'll see that it was a 100-year storm that couldn't have been designed by the best of comic architects.

Is Platinum Plus the apex of SI honor? I need clarification because of the 2013 SI Swellie Award nominations coming up soon. Need to know the rubric.

17. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    My best advice is to buy a cool surf van and give away free surf wax to all the locals, and free surfboards to their kids. You will make lots of friends this way, and they will always be happy to see your van pull up to their spot.

18. Paddington Jetty Bear

Paddington Jetty Bear Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2013
    Dude, you guys with the "fake" posts and the multiple account theories are so paranoid....

I can just imagine you guys taking blasts from your $20 nickle bags............and then

Logging onto your computers while rummaging through your pockets, searching the carpet for anything white and rocky, and peeking out your windows........

"Oh YEAH !! This guy is definitely trying to trick us with this post......Yeah, it must be Shredmachine......Hey what's that on the floor....(starts picking up crumbs from carpet)......................Oh snap, what was that? .....( heads to front windows and cautiously stares out said window for ten minutes)...............CRACKLING SOUND..........OH man, now this guy can't be serious. He's lonely?? In California??? Ahhh, he's trying to trick me !!!...THESE PEOPLE KEEP TRYING TO TRICK ME !!!....."

19. World B Free

World B Free Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013

Last edited: Jan 7, 2022
  20. Special Whale Glue

Special Whale Glue Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2011
    what about re-checking the door and window locks every 30 minutes or so? I mean even if you screwed them shut you can't trust the locks.

Welcome Jason, there's quite a mix of dix on this forum, me included, so go f*ck yourself with a saxaphone.