Why I miss the shredmachine

Discussion in 'Non Surf Related' started by mushdoc, Dec 4, 2013.

1. mushdoc

mushdoc Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    The oft quoted "23 footer" reference is certainly worthy,but it is really one of the less memorable lines for me.

Regarding workouts- " thats four plates on each side,you do the math"

Car- " yeah and i drive the fastest car on my block "

Surf-( advice to someone) " just practice your duck diving patterns..." ( patterns?)

There were so many more and the fact is...I miss reading through those threads.I have rarely laughed so hard.

2. Henny

Henny Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2011
    you sound like a gay.

3. Valhallalla

Valhallalla Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Yeah, I miss him too. Who can forget these golden nuggets:

Hindus in bikinis

Shotting the Honeyton pier

NJ is the best state in the state

The obviously copied and pasted "surf tips"

His way out of line rants against Kure beach surfer for helping out the less fortunate

Blaming all of his poor English on the auto-correct of his iPhone 7 (or was it 8?)

Some miss him. Some don't. To it's their own, I say. To it's their own...

4. mushdoc

Jan 30, 2013
    Not sure what to say to that. You are an expert on this subject?

5. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    I miss him too...one of my faves was when he was all nice to some girl who posted, said "Aloha, I surf with girls all the time"...also liked the progression for 16' to 19' then the final jump to 23', check it, it was that calculated...
    I PM'd him onces, for sh!ts and giggles. Said "hey man, how are ya, what hve you been up to?"..to which he replied, "dating models and surfing barrels". Good stuff.

6. BassMon

BassMon Well-Known Member

May 8, 2013
    Although I wasn't a part of this forum when he was around, I did read this forum for years now and remember reading all the crazy things he said. Atleast he was genuinely funny unlike this atlanticO guy

7. rcarter

rcarter Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Yeah you know the Shreder was banging models and hindus all day long! That guy was so comical and insane it was the perfect mix.

8. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    He was amazing in his own way, agreed; well said by most of the above posters.

Someone should 'construct' who/what the shredmachine might be based on the tidbits he used to toss out. Such as the one where he informed us that he was a Wall Street stock trader making bank, with the latest iPhone bling & driving his BMW. Classic shredmachine.

9. bassplayer

bassplayer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2012
    If I recall, he said "23ft" because thats whats an offshore deep water buoy was reading when he supposedly went surfing during Sandy.

10. Slashdog

Slashdog Well-Known Member

May 22, 2012
    I believe it was the fastest 'whip' on the block....

NJschredmachine drove a Nissan; I'm almost sure of that.

Let's be realistic, I'm the only one here who drives a BMW.

11. mushdoc

Jan 30, 2013
    I have the image of Charlie Sheen from 'Wall Street'...mix that with the image of Keanu Reeves walking around with that big fun shape board in 'Point Break'.

12. Koki Barrels

Koki Barrels Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    I really miss the little guy....needless, i say more.

13. brewengineer

brewengineer Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Hey! I have a BMW. But mine wouldn't fit in when looking for Hindus. It has 215k hard miles.

14. brewengineer

brewengineer Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2011
    I don't miss him, because it was just that doucher AtlanticO trolling. It was funny because he was too dumb to troll properly.

15. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    I still maintain the shredmachine was 12 years old. Which also goes a long way towards explaining atlantico's spew.

16. dlrouen

dlrouen Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2012
    No, you're not the only one.

NJShredMachine & Co. was awesome while it lasted. I'm sure he'll find his way back here soon with new adventures to talk about and an iPhone 12.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  17. Poseidon

Poseidon Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2013
    who is this guy and what happened to him? just spent hte last hour going through the history. this guy cant be for real hahaha

18. Poseidon

Poseidon Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2013
    and some more gems

19. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    ^^^^Classic shred. Amazing what you'll find digging around in that mine.

20. rcarter

rcarter Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    LOL those are funny. I think that second one was directed at me for insulting him about something. Now I'm really missing the Shredhead. Maybe if we get some 23 footers he will come back with stories.