Affordable PR Trips

Discussion in 'Surf Travel' started by RIsurfer, Jan 2, 2014.

1. RIsurfer

RIsurfer Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2012
    How old are you? Do you have a job? Or are you a surf bum? (there's nothing wrong with that) Dont worry, im not old enough to drive a white van.

2. EmassSpicoli

EmassSpicoli Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Grom brah stop asking so many questions and focus on hitting the break more days per year. Your mother is calling you. Go see what she wants.

3. RIsurfer

Dec 5, 2012
    Forget everything that this thread has turned into! I would just like to know more about PR. Someones experiences there and where they stayed.

4. EmassSpicoli

Apr 16, 2013
    Try using a search. Extensive PR posts in the archives.

5. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Brah your almost there. The flights are about 300 - keep working- take up the labor job in the summer when the waves are flat... Just keep reminding yourself what your working toward- those wArm waves in feb in pr! Just ask that Jared guy!!!

Ps you could also score 3 trips to belmar with that 300 bucks!!!

#belmarscheap
    #belmarlife

6. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Memories that will last a life time!!! Just go - best and easiest place to go... Fly into aquadilla - BQN when searching for flights. I had usually rented a house with a few friends but when I have gone solo I usually ended up at the 'room and board' it's a hostel and cheap if your only planning on sleeping there. Basically sharing a room and bunks with ppl you never met. You could stay there with your friends and take over a room. There's a lot of surfer type places to stay - but there are no resorts or hotels... If you can drive car rentals are cheap right at the airport just make sure you reserve before- they usually sell out. Once in rincon you could walk but it could be a long walk depending...

Just remember - there is always belmar

7. RIsurfer

Dec 5, 2012
    Ya, ya, belmar shmelmar it's the same as anywhere else in the poopie water state. Thanks for all the info though! Will definitely take your word for it!

8. srfmdi418

srfmdi418 Member

Dec 11, 2013
    Well if your parents don't have/want to spend the money to stay somewhere nice around Rincon I can almost guarantee you they aren't going to stay in some surf hostel with you. PR might be a better trip to make once you're 18 and can head down there with some friends and do it on the cheap. Maybe find somewhere a little more non-surfer friendly? Waves might not be as good as PR, but hey at least you get to surf and the parents are satisfied. I convinced mine to take me to Cocoa Beach when I was 14 and had a blast. Had my dad drive me to sebastian inlet for a day. Stayed near the cocoa beach pier so I could just walk to surf. Waves weren't world class, but they were warm!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  9. paperplate

paperplate Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2013
    Worry about surf trips when you can afford them until then mommy and daddy decide

10. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Is that an attempt at humor or what, exactly, sparky?

Claiming that you're thinking implies that you have a mind.

Although you do have a brain, and you have stumbled your way into this snakepit, aka the SI Forum, having a brain (existential) doesn't equivocate to having a mind (thinking).

Ergo, stop attempting to break out your high school snaps on people & go back to lurking.

11. RIsurfer

Dec 5, 2012
    Sounds fun! Its not that my parents don't have the money, well, they don't, not right now anyways because we just redid part of our house. My dad is the one that drives me to waves every weekend. He's all high on the idea. Great idea of staying on the mainland thing and having just as much fun! And you know what, my dads parents live across the lagoon from Cocoa Beach! So we could kill two birds with one stone and also visit my grandparents while surfing for a week in FL!! Affordable, warm water, family, I like it!! Thanks so much for this great idea! (p.s. Did you guys drive down there when you were 14, or did you fly? We would most likely drive.)

12. RIsurfer

Dec 5, 2012
    Check the polls, you're in the lead for hater of the year. Just sayin.

13. RIsurfer

Dec 5, 2012
    Ok, you have to admit, that is pretty hilarious.

14. RIsurfer

Dec 5, 2012
    Where is yak anyways. Probably sleeping.

15. EmassSpicoli

Apr 16, 2013
    Grom brah I really hope your sugar intake is much lower on Friday or at least your mom invites over some friends for you to play in the snow with.

16. Erock

Erock Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Rincon is overrated, stay in Aguadilla. Plus, there is no reason to stay in a resort when there are tons of VRBO rentals for lower prices and you can make your own food most of the time--save some serious coin. If you absolutely NEED to stay in a hotel, there is a Marriott Courtyard right up beside Ramey and the airport in Aguadilla. I think the rates are pretty reasonable and they apparently have a pretty good free breakfast spread.

Regardless, do some research, there are plenty of ways for you to do a week in PR for less than $600 per person.

17. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Heed The Spicoli. And Erock's posts are gem nuggets, consider yourself fortunate that he did deign to provide you with info.

btw, grommet, creating posts whereby you crack yourself up from your own, preceding posts...when everyone else in the room is yawning...eh, not so much. Go 'long now, sparky.

18. RIsurfer

Dec 5, 2012
    is the Marriott near the beach or inland?

19. RIsurfer

Dec 5, 2012
    I have nothing better to do. I live in the hills, I just like to be around surfing and my mind is always on surfing (and sometimes school).

20. RIsurfer

Dec 5, 2012
    Basically SI is the only way I can chat with people that actually surf.