Lets get some boards for sale on here!

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by SurfJdog, Feb 4, 2014.

1. SurfJdog

SurfJdog Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Lets get more used boards posted up on here…got the itch to get rid of some sticks and find some new ones.

2. live4truth

live4truth Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2007
    Waiting to repost these board (LINK)....Bing and Wynn stubble already sold.

3. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    I'll be looking for a used longboard (9-2 to 9-6) once I get my income tax refund.

4. dlrouen

dlrouen Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2012
  5. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
  6. njsurfer42

njsurfer42 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  7. Peajay4060

Peajay4060 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  8. njsurfer42

Nov 9, 2009
    it's definitely not an egg. here's what malcolm has to say about it on the bonzer5.com website: "The shape is a combination of one of our early 70′s Australia influenced nose templates, and the thumb tail that we use on the recent Mini Merk Model. The Bonzer 5 fin system has the feel of ‘the new’, but in reality will be 30 next year. This is an aspect of the timeless element we speak of.
    If you are looking to ride something that is extra short, is fast and rides equally well front side or backside; this might be your ticket. The average size for these bulbous babies is 5’4″ to 5’8″, but can handle a few inches in either direction. The overall dimensions are approximately 17 1/4″ in the nose, 21 1/4″ wide, and 16 1/4″ in the tail. Thickness obviously varies with individual preference.
    Keep in mind that it’s profile incorporates a medium beak nose and medium to medium trim rails. This model does not, we repeat ‘not’ have the profile of a Hull type board. It is a short board that will paddle well and not catch rails and tip over easily. Short, fast, fun and surprisingly versatile is how it has been described so far. Whether you choose the 3 or the 5 fin set up, it is not going to make or break you liking the overall concept of this model. Use your creative instincts."

i've ridden it in anything form steep & punchy knee-waist on up to soft, semi-punchy shoulder-head high & found that it overlaps heavily w/ my octafish, but doesn't feel quite as good in more critical situations. i figure its ideal range is that punchy knee-thigh high up to about stomach or chest high...the wide point forward & narrow tail make for a small board that both paddles & turns great. given that i'm 6'0" & 200lbs (+ a 5/4), it paddles astonishingly well for its size. it was a worthy experiment, but i've got to make room for the 3 boards i've got on order, so out the door it goes.

9. Peajay4060

Nov 14, 2011
    That sounds like what im looking for. I have a 6'2" russ short but i haven't really used in anything small because its a big board for me. I'm using it as my go to when things get heavy. im 5'7" 160. im guessing that if that thing is good for you im looking for something smaller. I was thinking of a getting something like the Bumble Bee or an egg for a daily driver. Im sold on Bonzers though. I figure between something like that. the 6'2" and a long board ( yours is nice 42) im all set.

as for selling boards I don't know how people do it. i have a pile of them i don't ride. some of them probably don't even float. i just can't part with them.

10. njsurfer42

Nov 9, 2009
    it's space/finances related. if i had more space & money, i'd never sell another board. as it is, i'm trying to keep overlap to a minimum & i've only got so much space to store boards at the moment.

i like my octafish as a daily driver...egg would be killer, too. i'm not so sure abour the 'bee, though. that wide tail concerns me a bit...it seems more like a small/mush wave board w/ all that surface area. the egg & octa have relatively pulled in tails, but lots of beef under the chest, so they paddle well & catch waves easily in crap surf, but hold in the face when it gets steeper.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  11. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    AJW Full Nose Fish - 5'8 x 19.45 x 2.35
    Perfect condition. Only wet once
    $300

AJW1.JPG
    AJW2.JPG

12. Peajay4060

Nov 14, 2011
    I hear you. but small and mushy is what we get here daily. i was hoping the diamond tail combined with the bigger fin of the bonzer would help when it gets steep.

13. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
  14. DKennedy

DKennedy Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    have a 5'10 mini driver id part with for 250. message if interested

15. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    AWESOME!!! I GOT A BOARD I WANT TO TRADE- Let me know what you got- what I really want is a Rusty Piranha- the tuflite version. PM me...

I got a quad that i want to trade- its in new condition- no dings! LIKE NEW! It's shaped by a local surf shop called the Beach House in Bayhead nj. The board is 6'2 and fairly thick.

I have not ridden it in a while... but it performs great and you can generate so much speed in junk conditions- choppy and mushy... great in all conditions.

The board is super clean except for the dirty wax... almost new... One tiny fixed crack on the nose - can't even tell it's there....
    I have ridden the board in all conditions and its a great east coast board!!!
    ALSO- I have new fins on it then the ones in the pic- way better!

1quad fins.jpg
    2quad bottom.jpg
    3quad deck.jpg

16. SurfJdog

Sep 28, 2008
    Looking for a hpsb with a round thumb tail or pulled in tail around 25-26L in volume

17. SurfJdog

Sep 28, 2008
    Got a 5'10 Roberts Black Punt to sell or trade…Board is sick but just to big for me

18. offshore

offshore Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  19. mgarbutt

mgarbutt Well-Known Member

May 12, 2009
    I have a bunch of boards for sale up on my site www.garbuttsurfboards.com got a simmons, single fins, quads, and some logs.

20. offshore

offshore Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2010
    That quad stubbie is sick!