Need help on a trip to east florida!

Discussion in 'Surf Travel' started by Bodyboarding4Life89, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Bodyboarding4Life89

Bodyboarding4Life89 Member

Feb 25, 2014
    hears is the deal i just got back on on body boarding and thats my passion i currently live in west Florida waves are ok but not that great like for what im looking for ive been checking on the east florida like Sebastian inlet,Melbourne beach,cocoa beach but i want to go were the locals dont hate outsiders or new faces because were im from no matter were u from if u about surfing and having fun theres no problem i just want to surf and enjoy my self with no regrets just leave with wanting more so if someone got the info please help me thank you for ur time god bless..

2. goosemagoo

goosemagoo Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    HitSpanishHousenorthofSebastianonagoodnortheastgroundswell.Peaksarekindofeverywheresothecrowdshouldn'tbe
    toobadversustheinlet.ThatorjustcruiseA1Atillyoufindagoodbeachbreak. Someoneelsemaybeabletogiveyoubetterinfoaboutwhatswelldirectionworksbest.ToomuchnorthintheswellanditwillmissBrevardcountycompletelyandyou'llhavetoheadsouthtocatchanything.

Funny, your period key doesn't work and my space bar quit working too.....it's weird how that happens :rolleyes:

3. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    surfin usa

like mr magoo said - just cruise a1a tip you find da good beach break. lots of room
    to spread out….also maybe better worry about wildlife aggression than human...:)

4. Bodyboarding4Life89

Feb 25, 2014
    Lol thanks and yes ill check them out just want to have a good time doing what i love and block the whole world surfing is my time but back to subject thats true wild life is a big factor ive been in shark water and it wasent a good feeling.This weekend spanish house is going to b preatty good size.

5. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    where in west florida do you live because if you live in naples or ft myers or pt charlotte you should head to juno pier because the water is alot warmer and there is so many people out like sups and longboarders and bodyboarders and fishes and shortboarders that no one will know if you are a local or not as long as you are respectful of the locals and dont shoot the pier because you will get arrested by the juno cops because they have nothing better to do but go north of the pier and the waves are less crowded and you dont have to worry aout getting sucked under the pier it is supposed to be good on saturday and the water is 70 plus degrees more like 74 so it will be awesome and check the report first because it changes everyday and it might just say it is flat by then but still look at the cams because you neverknow but dont waste your gas if its flat bro.

6. sisurfdogg

Jun 17, 2013
    oh i see you live in tampa my bad i should have looked at your info more closely but still juno pier it is near jupiter is a good place to go just stay off the first peak on the north side of the pier or if it is too crowed go up the beach there are lots of good spots about a mile to three miles up like corners or the jupiter inlet but the inlet only breaks on a big northeasterly and incoming high tide is the best cause it missed the outside shoal and jacks on the inside the pier is very consistent and on the south side there are lots of peaks and it is spread out so you can get lots of good rides without any mean mugs and the water right now is toasty compared with sebastian but the choice is yours please send pics if you have a go pro i am getting one soon so watch out for some rad vids brah.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  7. Bodyboarding4Life89

Feb 25, 2014
    For sure bro i seen some nice videos on youtube of juno pier it will b this weekend for sure im going to head that way but keep track of the reports that way and ok let me know about your videos and im going to ask one of my cousins they got go pro cam im going to put it to the test and thank you for the reply s they have been very helpful.

8. goosemagoo

goosemagoo Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Haha!! Funny

9. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Don't worry about locals, there's more than enough spots to surf uncrowded waves if you know where to look. Plus, even if you go to a place like Sebastian Inlet, it isn't all that bad, if you can't surf though, just go down the beach from the pack, but if you know what you're doing you'll fit right in

10. sisurfdogg

Jun 17, 2013
    if i see it is probably going off on saturday i will let you know and maybe i will also be at the pier if it is too small at my local spot on singer island where it is real sharky and lots of current but not too crowded and the water is ever warmer and clearer and we dont hate on anyone except jetskiiers so pray for surf this weekend and stay safe on the roads and i forgot the honda classic is this weekend so it will be packed in juno so if you go go early so you can get a parking spot and now that i think about it singer island will be less crowded and so will hobe sound but hobe sound is murcky and cold water and has bigger sharks in the refuge than we usually get during the winter we get big sharks during the summer but mostly spinners this time of year and they are not a problem if the water is clear and the bait is not running which is is not because the water has been too warm for a bait run this winter.

11. Bodyboarding4Life89

Feb 25, 2014
    Yeah bro let me know for sure like 2 days in advance and ill head that way i think it will b better with local experience because i never like to surf alone i had a couple of friends that had accidents and no help around but with you as my local guide ill take care of the rest lol

12. MY SAVIOR

MY SAVIOR Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
  13. Bodyboarding4Life89

Feb 25, 2014
    I know i should not worry i try not to,but yeah i will go and experiment around like for the weekend,and i i know i will fit in i dont surf rage.

14. tubesock

tubesock Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2011
    I. Hope. You. Have. A. Fun. Time. But. Don't. Get. Eaten. By. A. Shark.
    My period key has premature ejaculation. There's no middle ground!

Good Lord, if that kid is speaking English as a second language, I'd say it's about the only excuse for such incredible stream-of-consciousness writing. I got a frigging headache much akin to duck-diving in Jersey in about November on that day when you don't quite think you need the hood quite yet....yeah you know the one. We separate our thoughts into sentences, kids, so that others' brains can process our thoughts in small increments. And so we don't come across like we just did a four-foot line of yay. Sorry bruddahs, I teach high school and I deal with the communication of the modern American illiterati all day. I am considering moving to New Zealand sometime between now and when I am old enough that these electronic-addled goofballs will have to take care of me. Period.

Just tap the button with the dot over and over.................practice, practice young man! Repetition is the mother of mastery! Period.

15. Bodyboarding4Life89

Feb 25, 2014
  16. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    If u see a white van in the parking lot.... Ruuuuuuun!

17. Bodyboarding4Life89

Feb 25, 2014
    Why is that?

18. live4truth

live4truth Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2007
    DP is just trolling another member's former handle...don't sweat it. Hope you have fun down there...seems like a lot of good info.

19. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Just a joke dude, My Savior is fine gentleman i'm sure.

20. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    I don't troll, was just messing around, you and everybody else knows who My Savior really is...