The State Of The Fourm Address

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Sandblasters, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Gary Williams

Gary Williams Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2013
    really took a turn for the downside after operation "hello". Just isn't the same forum these days

2. RIsurfer

RIsurfer Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2012
    So whats the whole story on that 'Wayne' guy.

3. MFCondor

MFCondor Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2013
    His name alone is a sure-fire way to get a thread locked. This one is soon to be locked and sentenced like the rest of them.

4. bungalowparkbob

bungalowparkbob Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    Taken a downturn indeed. I also believe that as the dynamic on this forum has changed, the collective surf experience and capability has diminished significantly. Anyone agree? Anyone? Anyone?

Just a theory though, and I'm judging based solely on people's online behavior bc I've obviously never encountered any of you characters in the water (as far as I know)...

5. Special Whale Glue

Special Whale Glue Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2011
    That's about as ignorant as "hating" just because.
    You're being dramatic, this isn't "Real World" on MTV.
    Buck up and snap out of it, everything is going to be okay!

6. KillaKiel

KillaKiel Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012

So right. People wouldn't even post at one point. How bad is it? I can post and not get shouted down for some of my crap (that isn't really bad IMO). In other words did a one surf yesterday or is my fight against he fair weather surge to continue.

757, I'm paddling out at 5. You know the spot. Don't disappoint me

7. leethestud

leethestud Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    gay, 90's gay though, not 2014 gay. I think the same thing happened to this forum as did facebook. Now we have grandma's commenting in all caps and couples with joint profiles.

8. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    dawnsup- that comment on the question thread was a classic.

9. Sandblasters

May 4, 2013
  10. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
  11. Sandblasters

May 4, 2013
    hes still out there if you look at the right forum. hint hint

12. njsurfer42

njsurfer42 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    exactly. it was kind of funny for the 2 dozen times, but after that it became stale & over-done.

its very telling, the people who are still *****ing & whining about the changes made to the forum.

13. Sandblasters

May 4, 2013
    njsurfer guess where i found you today, someone was talking about you on a british surf forum, man your so harcore you make it past international surf boarders.

14. Gary Williams

Gary Williams Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2013
    There are rumors SI is about to be bought out by Facebook

15. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    The forum is cool, just going through a lull so to speak. My time has been very limited since my wife cracked her knee up back in early January. But what little time spent on here has been kinda entertaining and semi-informative. It's like surfing 2 foot waves in the cold...better than nothing, but it could be soooo much more fun. Too many crybabies ruined it for a bit, but its still free. Sack up and step up to the forum mods. You mods are a bunch of *****s. There, I said it.

16. bassplayer

bassplayer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2012
    What a depressing attention whore. The state of the forum: normal people losing interest in participating because of this type of drivel in the quote. Usually I enjoy it here, especially when people link interesting articles which instigate intelligent discussion. Helping beginners is cool, so is travel info. Selling and trading equipment and discussing board designs is nice. I also love the occasional stoke thread "Today was awesome!!" Of course I wouldn't want to run a forum full of things I like so this whole post is pointless. Get a life Wayne, stop sitting around your sin machine waiting for people like me to bite your troll bait.

17. MFCondor

MFCondor Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2013
    I'll be honest. East Coast surf was cool but when the mods got rid of it, people moved on. I was part of a kiteboarding forum (Best Kiteboarding) that is still available but is now dead. it is a lifeless place that I check every now and then.

I like SI forums but if the mods shut it down completely, we'll live. I'd rather it be here but every thread that we feed like this will eventually prompt them (admin) to shut it down.

As we say where I work - it's not the unit, it's the people.

18. EmassSpicoli

EmassSpicoli Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    At first, this place got pretty bland and weird for a few weeks. I was too busy with work to care and wasn't on much. The last couple weeks have been great though and there are several threads that are actually about surf topics of interest and value now and they don't get trolled or hijacked. People are back to being themselves but more intelligent versions of themselves. They're still funny too. It's not perfect but this could be the best I've seen the forum in the year I've been here. Then again, it's only a couple weeks so it's up to everyone if that keeps up or not. Things can take fast turns here.

19. njsurfer42

njsurfer42 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    i have traveled extensively, but i'm not sure how that's relevant to anything at all. i have no control over whether people discuss me on a limey surf forum or not. i'm also not sure why you've felt the need to make personal attacks on me.

20. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    everybody into the pool

i think when we exhibit a minimum level of manners/decency it helps to bring out
    those who might be intimidated/shy/unsure of themselves/or the topic. when we all post
    i think we all benefit. rodney king, i miss you….:)