ZoSea, The World Tour and Brazil - Why the Snapper Contest was BS

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by ihatelongboarders, Mar 11, 2014.

1. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2013
    the fact that the contest format awards people on technicalities demonstrates its flawed nature
    #nomorebrazzos #crygabbycry

2. Scobeyville

Scobeyville Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    Does anyone know if there is an iPhone app to stream the ASP contest moving forward?
    Last year, depending who was sponsoring the contest, they streamed it on their app (Quik, Rip, Billabong, etc..)

3. ihatelongboarders

ihatelongboarders Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2007
    Thanks to everyone who contributed here. It's nice to have an actual discussion on here.

In regards to the mobile stream, i think it depends on the sponsor.

4. brek

brek Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2008
    They took it out of the hands of the sponsors so it's all consolidated in one place now: youtube. I had no problems streaming it from the youtube app on my phone.

5. brek

brek Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2008
    As for the Brazilians... I'm a fan of baltimore sports, so I can appreciate the us against the world/chip on the shoulder mentality they have. They're the underdogs (for now) and it's always fun to root for an underdog. Medina is a ridiculous surfer, even if he was overscored a bit in this event.

Based on the way this event was scored, I hope this doesn't mean progressive surfing in competitions is dead.

6. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Slater, Fanning, Parko etc. would pull the same exact move the Adriano did.

7. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Agreed... I don't like Adriano's style, but he was 100% right. If there was an injury it would have been Jeremy's fault. He definitely saw him, looked away hoping Adriano would not go.

8. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    Portugal contest usually has good waves,usually.
    [video=youtube;OE6IroD0WqU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE6IroD0WqU[/video]
    this was the year owen wright really shined

france is always my favorite contest and I always make sure I have time to watch.they usually get epic waves.i still watch the heat analyzer from the contest when it was Kelly vs dane in the final.the best was when mick got that crazy barrel.best final ever

9. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    [video=youtube;ZU8U_atVpHg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU8U_atVpHg[/video]
    best final ever

10. ihatelongboarders

ihatelongboarders Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2007
    slater faded parko last year but when he did it he pulled into the barrel and made the wave. Adriano pulled directly into Jeremy then fell off like a toolbag.

I'm not knocking the heat strategy of it all, i get that. I'm knocking how lame and desperate it looked.