Why bodyboarding is better than surfing

Discussion in 'Global Bodyboarding Talk' started by epictetus, Aug 6, 2013.

1. EmassSpicoli

EmassSpicoli Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Can't a braddah crush a day of work and come back to the SI break and not see a reg make a goodbye post? Damn, so much action one can miss by not being here for half a day hahaha! Looks like it was a live one this afternoon. Be easy buoys, this is our break.

2. kidrock

kidrock Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010

Haha, another internet tough guy. Maybe that's why you picked "Seldom Seen" as your handle? Because you rage behind a keyboard like a little girl, then run to the safety of your mom's bosom/basement? Is that why you're "seldom seen"? LMAO. I never said a thing about you, but you felt like you need to carry the water for Shark(c)unt and bodyboarding. Then you got so butthurt that you put down the "Scorched Earth" Post of the Century and flamed all your perceived enemies. Ohmygawd, Freud would have a field day with you on his couch.

FYI, it's "kidrock"...not Kid Rock. That is a play on my name (unknown to you) and a bow to my favorite surf spot (Big Rock in SD, a place that neither you or Shark(c)unt would have the ballz to take off at). But I can understand how you would eff that up, considering your limited English comprehension skills.

Besides, Kid Rock ain't that bad. Last time I checked, he's got quite a few solid hits. I'm interested in what you consider to be good (or should I say "gud") music. Rap, I presume?

Go hump your sponge, you pillow biter.

3. EmassSpicoli

Apr 16, 2013
    Holy crap. I missed this post. Watched Stand By Me again last week. One of the best ever, and you ref'd the best scene in the flick. Mayor barfs on his wife's rack, bro.

BTW, this thread? I swear it's the closest thing to Hello thread we've seen in the 6 months since that collective masterpiece went Katrina on this forum. The kind of thread that is way too much to catch up on if you don't sit there the whole time with popcorn. But isn't it entertaining when you do.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  4. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    ss- that was classic thank you for that, i needed that today but dont bash my island. i respect all the sponges and i do it from time to time. dont let them get to you just drive on. we get macking surf on the daily. i saw some dude get drilled so hard today that he needed a face transplant today.

5. Hayduke Lives

Hayduke Lives Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Lots of angry internet dudes around here. Glad I'm not attached to forum drama , must be a tough life if its impossible to let go situations that are of no benefit to anyone.

6. Sandblasters

May 4, 2013
    hey heyduke no one cares about your opinion, your a tick on this forum of lyfe. your profile pic offends me im calling the naacp tomorrow. if fast i might call my congressman on you. you just got yourself chest deep in ****.

7. Hayduke Lives

Hayduke Lives Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2014
    yeah, that wasn't an opinion. It was an observation. Rattle on blasters.

8. The Screen Name Formerly Known As ABC123

The Screen Name Formerly Known As ABC123 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2013
    @sandblasters

967 posts & 4 images uploaded, now that is street credit! That probably equals 5 days total you've lost of your life being a jerk-off on this forum.

Winning! [cough cough] I mean TROLLING!

9. Sandblasters

May 4, 2013
    yeah, man your so hardcore. the only thing is jerk off to the american flag and bald eagles. i think you might be a communist. do you eve lift bro?, i bet i could out lift you. my wetsuit has more time in the ocean than you have surfed.

10. leetymike808

leetymike808 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2013
    haha i cant believe this thing is still goin...

I am stoked i missed a spot in the SS slaying post. Whew.

I still think sharkhunters a kook, and doesnt actually get into the ocean, ever. Especially with all the un-visited name/spot drops hes thowing out there. Anybody trying that hard to make everybody else look bad has some serious issues.

And it's hilarious to see people getting so agro with people on an online forum. You guys are aware this is the internet and we all will NEVER meet to hash out any of these differences.

Plus for the record i have no issue with spongebobs, just people who search the internets for their surfing cred.

11. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    The people that I've actually gone surfing with from this SI Forum have all been totally cool; several I would call friends, for sure. Surfers, spongers, SUPers, doesn't matter. (I draw the line at gnomes & their spawn, though.)

Everyone has a flash point, shiiite happens, move on. Looking forward to welcoming the Seen back, he's a good dude.

For what it's worth, the 'Hello' thread is still the platinum standard for random stream-of-consciousness ignana & hatred.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  12. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Limited English comprehension skills??? Coming from a guy who doesn't understand the basics of capitalization. Yeah, you got me figured out. ****.

13. kidrock

kidrock Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    Your words hurt me, SS.

14. EmassSpicoli

Apr 16, 2013
    Agreed. "new to MA via HI" was a close second. That thing reached its flash point seconds following the OP. Talk about sneaking past the tsunami detectors...

15. shark-hunter

shark-hunter Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2012
    So basically you're saying he was bullied? I think that makes him a victim, not a perp. Honestly, he sounds more like the perp to me, not the victim

16. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2013
    everyone has gotten bullied at some point and everyone has been a jerk at some point, myself and yall arent exceptions. I wholeheartedly enjoyed watching people demonstrate their idiocy. better than cable

17. sponger42

sponger42 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Surfboards come and go, but bodyboards are forever, bless their toxic little cores. That's why I've got a few stashed at my favorite spots in various points around the world. All my fiberglas is packed safe away inside padded bags indoors, waiting for specific condiitons. Resin fades and cracks with time and temperature. Lids can delaminate, but that's pretty rare. Even if they ship some water, they don't get waterlogged like a starred surfboard will.

The extra equipment of fins/socks is a bit of a hassle, but at least airlines don't charge extra for bodyboard bags.

I'd agree that surfing is more difficult to learn, but if you're basing your arguments on beginner ****, I'd guess you probably don't surf all that often, and haven't progressed beyond stinkbugging it down the line. I'd also agree that walking around with a surfboard makes you look better, but I don't know any watermen who would count that worth much; just kooks who need something to prop up their ego.

So, yeah, I guess I can see how surfing is better for a lot of the posers and inland barneys posting here.

18. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    SS My friend, I think it's time to take a puff and throw on some Peter Tosh or maybe some Pink Floyd and drift off for a bit. I meant no disrespect to you, don't know where you're picking that up from. When I gave Zach props for his post it was due to how he handled SharkC*nter, being that almost everybody on here has given it to him at one point or another, it was just humorous to me to see it once more from someone that normally doesn't get into it with people.

Sorry if you took that as I agree with the hate for B boarders. I'm pretty sure I've publicly stated on more than one occasion how much respect I have for some of the B Boarders I've seen shredding it out there. I'm quite confident I stated in this very thread that it doesn't matter to me what you ride, as long as you are respectful like everybody else out there (for the most part). When I said I tried to get my wife on a B board but she wouldn't do it, I wasn't lying or making a joke, that's actually true. She's intimidated by the ocean still, and feels safer on surfboard or SUP, she normally stays on the sand but yesterday she did paddle out on my LB in 3-5ft surf and made it all the way out and back in without freaking out, so we're making progress. And yes I kiss her with my mouth, what kind of weirdo are you? J/K relax...

I by no means was suggesting I think the disrespect B boarders get out West is cool simply by saying Bravo to Zach, but i do understand what he was getting at. He was simply stating what he has observed, but anyways, you probably know that by now. Well, you and I both know you'll be back, everybody comes back... no hard feelings here Broseph.

19. Shep Proudfoot

Shep Proudfoot Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Because you're eight years old, and haven't felt glass under your feet yet. Had a morey when I was eight, but when I turned ten I got a Jim Phillips twin, haven't been on sponge since!

20. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    wow all the drama and the threads still liven lol.im seeing friendlys turning to enemies over sponges lol,this is hysterical.its almost 420.celebrate early and calm down