Hi all! I'm the new guy.

Discussion in 'Northeast' started by MichaelJR, May 4, 2014.

1. MichaelJR

MichaelJR Well-Known Member

May 4, 2014
    Haha. Alright man gruvi jr it is.

2. MichaelJR

May 4, 2014
    My newest addition to the fold. 7.5 lb ultra lightweight piston shtick. LWRC obviously, but the lower is all me. I love me some Nickel boron coating.

Photo on 5-5-14 at 2.08 PM.jpg

Trijicon RMR w/ American defense QD mount. Some lightweight magpul furniture. NiB trigger at 4#, DD fixed rear, BCM gunfighter charging handle, ARFX-E stock, etc etc etc etc etc. This one is my favorite. You can strap it on you all day and won't know you're carrying a damn thing. My other ARs for the most part are tanks. This one I actually don't dread throwing the sling up.

3. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Trip to Idaho anyone????

4. zach619

zach619 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    You Ex-Military?

*** Mental Note.... Don't Mess with the new guy on the Swell Info Forums.

5. MichaelJR

May 4, 2014
    Photo on 5-5-14 at 2.16 PM.jpg

My favorite handgun I have. P229 two tone goodness. Recently sold my HK p7 (may she rest in pieces, as the moron that bought it will probably destroy her), so the sig now holds the crown.

6. MichaelJR

May 4, 2014
    No man, just grew up in a gun family. Shot my first gun at 8. Been my thing ever since.

7. bandaid

bandaid Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2010
    License? That sucks.

Seriously, If your into guns, and trying to get into surfing, get the hell out of Mass.

8. MichaelJR

May 4, 2014
    This girl is a bit too big to sit on the table. 20" BCM govt profile. TACK driver even with irons.

Photo on 5-5-14 at 2.24 PM.jpg

Okay that's my last show and tell picture of the day hahaha. If any of you are in the area and want to shoot sometime, let me know. I can take you to my range no problem.

9. MichaelJR

May 4, 2014
    Eyeing Florida in a major way. Looking for a change of pace, this place is a nightmare, and I loathe the weather. And I like guns a bit, which is also not conducive to living in MA. The restrictions here are like tight rope walking a razor blade.

So yeah, if it's warm, surf friendly, and I can bring my guns, count me in.

10. KookieMonster

KookieMonster Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    Yeah go to florida dude, you wouldnt like surfing here

11. MichaelJR

May 4, 2014
    What's decent in New England? Not looking to poach anyone's spots, just trying to get my bearings. Newport is a given, few sports in NH. Other than that I'm clueless.

12. ClemsonSurf

ClemsonSurf Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2007
    This guy's quiver shall exceed Spiccoli's soon.

".... This board doesn't work, I need to get a new one."

13. zach619

Jan 21, 2009
    Welcome to the south. Just bought a house down here in South Carolina. The house came with a .40 cal S&W. I actually don't think you are allowed to live in this state if you DON'T have at least one gun.

Me and my brother in law were busting off his muzzle loader in the street on New Year's. No one even blinked an eye.

14. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    We welcome soft top gun slinging newbies to the Gunshine State. That's exactly what we need with our right to shoot first gun laws (its illegal to fire a warning shot, so pull to shoot, and shoot to kill). The fishing is great, the water is warm, and you will have no trouble making friends down here in the dirty souff. Keep the soft top, don't sell it, once you learn you can always use it to teach a wahine, or for summer time flat spells. Heck you could probably mount a harpoon on the deck and go gunning for sea turtles or sharks when its flat.

15. MichaelJR

May 4, 2014
    I do love the south. No question about it.

The lady lived in SC for a few. Loved it, but she's digging Florida too.

I'm just jealous you're below the mason Dixon, weather must be warming up by now.

16. MichaelJR

May 4, 2014
    Don't tell my lady that, she thinks I have too many guns. At least those I can hide in the safe. Gun guys motto when it comes to the gf/wife: I pray she never sells them for what I said they cost.

Now that we are on that topic, I wakeboard all summer usually. I feel like I'll be able to pick up on surfing real quick. What board should I be eyeing next? I won't sell the softie, I plan on passing it to her so she can learn. I can't get a two articles to line up as to what direction one should go in for second board. I know it might sound like I'm jumping the gun, but I do plan on jumping in with both feet, and hitting whatever is around.

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  17. MichaelJR

May 4, 2014
    I 100% don't want to be "that guy". I know exactly who you're talking about.

"Dude check out my new ----, it's the tops"
    "Sick there's a group of us training up north Sunday, some run and gun, you should come with."
    "No man I think I'm sick Sunday, but I'm down to plink on a bench rest and take 150 shots to establish zero"

Good analogy, and advice certainly heeded.

18. MichaelJR

May 4, 2014
    I don't know if this sounds off, but I'm actually pumped to see a shark in the wild.

19. MichaelJR

May 4, 2014
    No, I think it means saint diego. Agree to disagree. Hahaha.

Actually you guys just had some old laws smashed down in the circuits. Few months and you'll have no problem getting a concealed carry license. Good news for Cali.

What do you mean by shuffle my feet?

20. zach619

Jan 21, 2009
    Sting Rays. Shuffle your feet and you will most likely avoid the "Sting" part of the Ray.

And there is a sick range in San Diego. Right in Bay Park.... First range I ever went to. My wife and I went their on her birthday with a friend who had some toys. We went from a .40 cal S&W, to a .45, to a Glock 9, to a 357 Magnum. I took video of my wife busting off the dirty hairy gun. It was all time. The kick back was almost laying her down. The flash on the video looks like it was about 5 feet wide... Good times.

There is a sweet billboard up right on the SC side of the GA/SC border as you leave Savannah, it says something to the effect of "Want to shoot a machine gun? Take your next left" right past the titty bar. Nothing like that as a "welcome to SC sign"