Why bodyboarding is better than surfing

Discussion in 'Global Bodyboarding Talk' started by epictetus, Aug 6, 2013.

1. sponger42

sponger42 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2014
    I will say that I've seen a few times when a gaggle of boogers will show up and start dropping in on everyone and generally making a nusiance of themselves. It's usually HS kids goofing around (though they often ride pretty good) and is halfway funny the other half obnoxious. I have not seen the same turd herd mentality from immature standups (though I've seen plenty of immature surfers), but I'm sure it happens.

2. leethestud

leethestud Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    I just want the damn wind to switch

3. EmassSpicoli

EmassSpicoli Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Depending on where you are, it should by end of day. Let's hope there's enough light at that point.

4. David Goss

David Goss New Member

May 4, 2014
  5. EmassSpicoli

Apr 16, 2013
    And this is in response to what bro?

Coming out of the booth with a first post high in ambiguity. Let's see what Dave's got moving forward.

6. Bodyboarding4Life89

Bodyboarding4Life89 Member

Feb 25, 2014
    I think this is the most common talked topic in the surfing world. My opinion if anybody cares, is that that no matter what you ride you do it because you love it, choosing witch surf style you like is got to fit you like a pair of pants. Not everyone can do what we do (SURF) to me is a great gift. I started surfing on stand up board, really did not call my attention until i tried bodyboarding 10 years ago never stop loving it. Surfing is surfing to me no matter how you ride the wave thats the beaty of it been able to get in a great tube and coming out with a big smile and heart pumping, and people foget that just because there is spongers in the water with surfers.To answer the topic question nether one is better then the other you do what fits you. Is funny that this debate i can compare it to PS3 vs XBOX, iPhone vs Galaxy, american muscle vs imports is a never ending debate with different opinion. I hope this helps i hope i didnt offend nobody, is my opinion if it matters.

Last edited: May 22, 2014
  7. kidrock

kidrock Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    I choose warlock surf style.

8. EmassSpicoli

Apr 16, 2013
    Pure genius bro. Thank you KR.

9. kidrock

kidrock Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    Thanks, Dawg. I'm trying to find the perfect balance between the brevity of Metard, the wordy prophecies of Zach, and the sage but sometimes sinister analogies of My Brother From Another Massachusetts Mother.

Still a work in progress....stay tuned.

10. EmassSpicoli

Apr 16, 2013
    You got time bro. Sounds like you'll have created the perfect beast in the end.

btw...NJshred calls it a "progress work."

11. sbx

sbx Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    [video=vimeo;114854472]http://vimeo.com/114854472[/video]

What kind of psychopath would go on the wave at :45?

12. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Dude I saw this vid earlier this morning and was gonna post! F'n Botha man...some of this footage looks to me like after it got 'too big' for the contest...

For any reactionary's out there...old thread title, don't get upset we're not pushing an agenda here...

13. sbx

sbx Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    But really though, and this is just based on videos not personal experience, but it does seem like boogies do really well when Pipe looks like that.

14. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Without a doubt.

15. CDsurf

CDsurf Well-Known Member

May 10, 2014
    wow that video is incredible. I thought BB'ing was super gay but they are just as impressive as any surfer

16. beerndwata

beerndwata Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013

BOOGIE BOARDS. (official name get it right) are meant to be brought on all surf trips as a homage to the surf gods so you don't get skunked. a skimboard works equally well.

17. Iggy

Iggy Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2014
    For any reactionary's out there...old thread title, don't get upset we're not pushing an agenda here...[/QUOTE]

Exactly!

Great video. Could have used a better song.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  18. sbx

sbx Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Exactly!

Great video. Could have used a better song.[/QUOTE]

As a general rule I watch bodyboarding videos with the sound off.