hurricane amanda

Discussion in 'Weather and Surf Forecasting' started by seanmcgaff, May 25, 2014.

1. seanmcgaff

seanmcgaff Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2012
    southern california impacts? late saturday and early sunday this thing elevated into a cat 5 hurricane and i believe so.cal will be in the window until its track starting bending more towards mexico. Any seasoned vets out there with EPAC hurricanes? what can we expect?

2. Special Whale Glue

Special Whale Glue Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2011
    Magical, tubular, walls of.........uh..........waapow!

3. babybabygrand

babybabygrand Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    some will get waapowed, most will get pitted...so pitted.

4. seanmcgaff

Oct 10, 2012
    i was in puerto vallarta area about a month ago, would sure love to be there right now and see what the 1-2 foot point break i visited looks like with some swell

5. sponger42

sponger42 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2014
    As great of a spring that it's been, it's just gonna get better! That storm pointed at us like a laser over the past few days, at cat 4! Plus another southern hemi on top, plus another next week! The swell train just doesn't quit. Holy crap I've surfed a lot! I can't remember the last day that it wasn't at least HH on the sets and that I didn't get shacked!

6. chicharronne

chicharronne Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2006
    It's always head high when yer laying down. I got a couple shin to knee scheisse waves this year. woulda been bigger if I was a sponger.

7. sponger42

sponger42 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Some possible forerunners today were scalloping up the beach mixed in with background southern hemi. What was typically a 70-80 yard left-hand grinder occasionally transformed into a 200-yard peaky runout with multiple barrel sections. I'll try to snag a photo tomorrow if it gets really epic.

8. seanmcgaff

Oct 10, 2012
    orange county area?

9. Kahuna Kai

Kahuna Kai Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2010
    I hate you west coast. I really hate you. #hurricaneseasonhaters #eastcoastgotroyallyshaftedlastyearandmyassisstillsoreoverit