Ticks

Discussion in 'Non Surf Related' started by zach619, May 23, 2014.

1. goosemagoo

goosemagoo Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
  2. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    jeeez I can tell most of u folks don't live near the woods.ticks are as common as leaves on the ground.they can be a real nuisance.my record of ticks,swear to allah Christ,i jumped through some weeds to snap a pic,came out and had 6 ticks on me.1 bush 6 ticks.i fear poison ivy more than ticks,im highly allergic and anytime I ever had pi I had to go to the er for some shot because my whole body is covered.thats 1 reason why its better not living near the woods,but id rather live near the woods.my buddy tests ticks for lyme disease,if any of u have a close call pm me and il try to hook u up.u don't have to worry unless the ticks head is completely emerged in ur skin.that's how u get lime disease,they burrow into ur skin,suck ur blood and vomit inside of u.if u get bit and u have a bullseye around the bite,that means u have lyme disease.if u take a tick off ur dog that's hard to get off,make sure u get it tested.dont be an irrisponsable dog owner

3. cepriano

Apr 20, 2012
    lol hello mother
    hello father
    fleas ticks mosquitos
    really bother

4. metard

metard Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2014
    lol

i even sang the song while reading

5. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    needs a turntable (skrik-skrika) sound...

6. Hayduke Lives

Hayduke Lives Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2014
    I have tried tons of stuff on my dog, from collars to the frontline. I have been using sentry pro gaurd the past two months and it seems to work up until the 30th day.

Great for my frugal loser ass lifestyle I have been living.

7. EmassSpicoli

EmassSpicoli Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Mr. Tick, you're such a dikk
    Why'd you have to bleed me then get sick?
    I've got a fever, my skin be chillin
    Because of you I now need amoxicillin

Joints are swollen, and I can't think straight
    Cuz karma's screwed from wahines I fornicate
    Oh Mr. Tick, you're a real a-hole
    But you can't stop me from charging dawn patrol

8. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2013
    make it the five line standard limerick, what is that even? come on man.

9. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Had one yesterday last time was ten years ago.

10. Special Whale Glue

Special Whale Glue Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2011
  11. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    There's apparently quite a few in the brushy and grassy areas around the beach accesses at Dam Neck. Set my board down on the grass for less than a minute while locking up the car and found a tick crawling across it. Killed it and had to dig the thing it out of the wax. A couple times while walking back to the car, my wife and I each found a tick on crawling up our legs. There are deer on the Dam Neck base, which I think may be a factor.

My brother-in-law, who lives in central NY, unknowingly had one crawl into his pants and latch on to his nads a couple years back. Damn thing was practically the size of a grape before he found it while showering. Understandably, he was utterly terrified. His wife drove him to Emergency at the hospital, where one of the laughing medical staff removed it.

12. surfrat6

surfrat6 Active Member

Sep 21, 2011
    They have been real bad in NJ last few years. We have 3 dogs and stay out of the woods when the temps get consistently 40+.
    But walking on paved path last night resulted in finding 3 of the ba$tards. Stinks cause they love the long walks on the trails.

13. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Not to go all Archy Conspiracy on your arses, but you do know where this epidemic began, yes...?

Plum Island. Right there near Shelter Island & not far from Montauk. Army biowarfare vector development.

This place was like the Island of Doctor Moreau with real lab experiments going on. They used to have snipers all around the island. Any bird or other animal, but especially birds, that landed on the island were immediately shot & killed. You could see these guys from the water, walking around with their rifles & occasionally shooting things.

Couldn't get too close, though. Didn't want to get too close.

As it happened, some of the 'experiments' got off the island. Approx 1974-5. They're pretty sure it was via birds. And those 'experiments' were disease-laden ticks. The bird or whatever the vector was, landed in Lyme, Connecticut. And the rapid spread of the disease began. Why do you think it's called Lyme Disease?

If you google 'the spread of Lyme Disease' you'll see that it explodes in a radius from the Lyme, CT epicenter.

Lyme is about 17 miles from Plum Island, across the Sound, as the bird flies.

The govt has always been intrigued with biowarefare because it could enable them to defeat an enemy (China, anyone...?) that is too far away to mount a conventional land war against, too powerful to battle with soldiers & too strong financially. Solution...? Fight a war without bullets.

The Chinese are doing it now with their poisoned drywall, their poisoned pet food their poisoned children's toys, all of which they send over to us idiot Americans who think we're getting a great deal on inexpensive goods & materials. The classic is the Chinese are building the Oakland Bay Bridge under a contract from the state of California & the feds. Brilliant.

Anyways, Lyme Disease......yet another example of our own govt screwing us worse than any enemy ever has.

https://www.google.com/search?q=the...F06%2F06%2Fthe-spread-of-lyme-disease;525;405

14. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    I've heard the exact same thing, that theory definitely has some weight to it imo.

15. spongedude

spongedude Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2010
    we's got ticks...but it depends where you are. my daughter at uc santa cruz says they are all over the place, but they have rain, banana slugs and redwood forests. here in lost angels i gotsta go to los montanas to get me some lyme dz. in san diego, never saw such a thing but i was never in any wooded areas, although i did see a lot of bush in OB...

16. Hayduke Lives

Hayduke Lives Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2014
    While I dont knock this theory, the first reports of lyme disease where in europe a long while before the Old lyme theory came to be.

I do believe this could be the reason for its incredible spread in the north east.

17. cepriano

Apr 20, 2012
    I heard the plum island thing b4,im sure they had something to do with it but who knows.i remember when they said saddam invented west nile and he was breeding mosquitos.i don't mind most bugs,except mosquitos ticks and gnats.anything that can potentially kill u or give u an itchy bump I try to stay away from.spiders are cool in my book.they kill the insects so no need to kill them,unless theyr on you.living near the woods I had many scary bugs on me.u know those rollie pollies,those little worms that roll up into a ball,those are my greatest fear