on yer next flight

Discussion in 'Surf Travel' started by chicharronne, Jun 17, 2014.

1. chicharronne

chicharronne Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2006
  2. HighOnLife

HighOnLife Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2014
    How do you find these things?

3. chicharronne

Jun 22, 2006
    It's everywhere if you ask for it nicely.

4. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    I notice that if you zoom in on that map & ping certain flights, they are listed as having "no call sign." Big Brother...is everywhere, kidz...

5. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    notice all the planes NOT flying over africa.

6. brewengineer

brewengineer Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2011
    I don't think big brother would even appear on this map. I am guessing those are just normal military and government aircraft.

7. chicharronne

Jun 22, 2006
    Does it include drones? doesn't say does it.

8. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Oxymoron there, Brew, I like it: "...normal military and government aircraft..."

9. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    And btw, I see all sorts of crazy shiiite flying in & out of DCA. No private aircraft allowed inside the Beltway, right? Right. DHS scrambles fighters every time some dingaling in a Cessna wanders over the Potomac.

However.

Saw a big Gulfstream, painted entirely black with no tail number, go boooming up the river from National, with an F-16 pinned off each wing.

We see an increase in chopper traffic between Langley & the Pentagon, flying low over our houses in Arlington, every time something is heating up somewhere in the world.

And there's always an increase in chopper traffic from the White House over the river to the Pentagon helo pad on the west side of the Pentagon every time something crazy is about to hit the fan.

Plus, people who are in Special Ops & SEALs all of a sudden drop out of sight from social stuff when something is about to go down.

I'll probably get banned by the NSA for all of this yah yah.

10. brewengineer

Jun 22, 2011
    I don't think most military aircraft is registered in a way that could be viewed on an internet site. Come on, think about it. Do you really want other countries to be able to track all our military aircraft? That would be basically handing over all air defense to the enemy. The AF flies drills and such all the time. I drive by Charleston AFB daily and always see the big cargo jets flying around the area.

11. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    i again commend you on clearness of thought.

way back when dinosaurs roamed the earth i had a job dredging oysters on the chesapeake bay.
    yankee is right when he says there is some CRAZY SHEET flying over and around dc.

12. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    i again commend you on clearness of thought.

way back when dinosaurs roamed the earth i had a job dredging oysters on the chesapeake bay.
    yankee is right when he says there is some CRAZY SHEET flying over and around dc.

13. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    The maps are very misleading because the scale of the planes is way off. Approx 15 of the planes would make up the length of Baja making each plane almost 100 miles long.

14. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    There's many flights in & out of AAFB every day up here. Same as what you're saying. Based on some of their flight patterns, yes, I do think that the towers at DCA, IAD & BWI know who is what up in the air - - usually.

I also know that our government's capacity for doing incredibly ignorant / stunningly stupid stuff is basically unlimited; so, yeah, I think it's entirely plausible that other countries are tracking our milcraft.

15. brewengineer

Jun 22, 2011
    Let's hope it isn't countries that want us dead.

16. chicharronne

Jun 22, 2006
    In VB and Nerferk, we're surrounded by every baby killing flying device known to man. And they're in the air constantly. They do this thing called Touch and go where all they do is fly around, act like they're landing then blast off. the noise is deafening. So it would hard to keep track of those.
    the bases are surrounded by cities. My grandkids school is in the flight path less than a mile from the landing strips. there have been several "accidents" since I moved here. The last one was a jet falling out of the sky last easter in an apt complex.

17. Tlokein

Tlokein Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2012
    Yep, got a good friend who's been high level in military intelligence for a couple decades now. I always know when something's going down as he disappears about 3 months ahead of time. From Panama onward...he's one of the guys who goes in early. Cool when stuff gets declassified and he can talk about it with me. Used to bring me declassified stuff back from his trips to the pentagon. Papers on nanotech and stuff back in the 90s. Gave me his beret from Bosnia and some maps, other cool swag from other places.

The go or no go decision is always made way before it happens. The last couple months are just a dog and pony show for the masses. Saddam could have got on the roof with every major network and said "I SURRENDER UNCONDITIONALLY" and it wouldn't have made any diff. We don't deploy like that and just walk away. Gotta clean out some old inventory at least.

BTW - the MIB exist. No idea if they are hunting aliens or not, but my bud has seen them. He was at a secret CIA site on the elevator. Had access to every floor, except one. Only black badges got on that floor, and he'd never even seen anyone with a black badge. Guy gets on with a black badge. Black suit, white shirt, sunglasses, and a case handcuffed to his wrist. The intel guy in him really wanted to know what was in that briefcase. The regular joe in him didn't.

18. goosemagoo

goosemagoo Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    I can usually see the color of their helmets.

A girl in my neighborhood was dating one of those pilots. He was doing touch-n-go's one night and called her after his shift to tell her he could see her brushing her teeth through her bathroom window.

19. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Guy I know lives in Old Beach, VB. When the USN pilots are doing those touch 'n go's, you can't even be heard talking to one another inside the house. He says to me, yah, I re-hang my pictures & stuff on the walls every 3 or 4 days 'cause they get jarred loose. 'The sound of freedom' yeah ok.

GooseMagoo, that's a funky-cool anecdote.

20. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Cool tales from the dark side, T.

I've gone into office bldgs here in metro DC, where the red dome lights are flashing in the hallways, and when I go into specific offices to repair an item, everyone is sitting there staring at me, arms crossed, giant tarps rolled down from the ceiling over their work stations, until I depart the area.

DARPA on Wilson Blvd is a real interesting place......not gonna say more.

Unmarked choppers up overhead at 2am, doing pass after pass after pass. Are they spraying us....? Archy, are you on that shiiiite?

Got a good story from the 1990's, when we drilled open a high-security GSA container dumped on us from a govt contractor. Container was supposed to have been empty. Far from it. Discovered docs that were marked TS plus whatever the ultra secret level up from there is.

And those docs told us some insane things about what our govt was doing in other countries. One of those moments when we're reading the docs, look up at each other, eyes lock, one of us says 'we're doing active combat ops in (pick a country)??'...........ohhhhhhhhhhhh wow.

So much insane crap that we stopped reading that stuff, slammed the drawers shut & called the govt contractor to get her arse over & get that stuff outta there pronto. She made it from her office in Bethesda to our place in Arlington in under 15 mins. Wheels screeching into the parking lot. Flinging all the docs into her car trunk. Flustered as hell. What a scene.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014