Lebron

Discussion in 'Non Surf Related' started by zach619, Jul 11, 2014.

1. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Only superstar??? Pippen is a top 50 player. And Jordan never won before Pippen. Lebron took the Cavs to the finals with nobody.
    Wade can barely play 2 games in a row and Bosh was ok.

I'm actually not a fan. I could care less about Lebron. But he is the most dominant all around player we've seen.
    Jordan definitely was a better scorer and had that killer instinct though

MVP 4 out of the last 6 years and it should have been

2. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Agreed, he couldn't even play nice with Dwight Howard, the dude couldn't stand him. Dwight was a jerk for how he handled his business when he threw Van Gundy under the bus to get him fired AND then left Orlando anyways. But the dude is a top 3 Center and Kobe couldn't make it work. I'd be worried about Houston if they get Bosh, they could be seriously dangerous.

3. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    If anyone is overrated it's Howard.

4. zach619

zach619 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Not that it matters, but Jordan played through his Junior year, got drafted right before his senior year and went back and got his degree from UNC in 86'. So, three years, but I was mentioning that he was a highly educated guy.

MJ and Lebron don't play the same position, so yeah, MJ would have his hands full on defense, but I have not doubt he could burn Lebron on offense at will, just like he did anyone else. We will never see the two play one on one for real, because Jordan is in his 50s. But just Wiki MJ and look at his accolades. He was voted North American Athlete of the 20th Century by ESPN. The Century. In any sport, out of 100 years, the biggest sports outlet in the world said he was the best in 100 years in any sport on our continent. Those are pretty strong words.

You can't compare the guys tit for tat. Lebron is a PF, Jordan was a SG. I just look at it like, how many games did you win? How good did you make it look? And what kind of an impact did you really leave on the game?

I agree with you, Lebron is the most freakish physical specimen I have probably ever seen. A guy similar is Adrian Peterson. You just see the way they are built and you are like WTF? Thats not even human.

But being a physical freak doesn't make you the best baller or have the best style. I will give Lebron the freakish Gazelle thing. True that.

But do you guys not remember Michael Jordan in the air? Lebron can slam it home with authority, I have never seen Lebron take off and go completely sideways...

[​IMG]

Jordan was a freak in the air.

Just saying.

5. zach619

Jan 21, 2009
    I will have the pippen conversation all day any day. Pippen was only a "start" for one reason. Everytime Jordan penetrated, he got triple teamed and left 2 guys open on the wing and Pippen was sitting there wide open from 15-18. Pippen was a byproduct of Jordan... And yeah, Jordan got beat up in the eastern finals for 3 years by detroit. They fouled him. They hacked him. The beat the guy up. Jordan didn't run away. Jordan manned up, and detroyed them for the rest of his career. Nobody said Jordan won his rookie year. But it only took him a few, and he never looked back. He defeated his foes. I think if Lebron would have stayed in Cleveland he would have gotten a ring by now anyway. They will build a team around him. Pippen was "DECENT" at best. I was a die hard bulls fan, obviously, and EVERY time Pippen got the ball in the playoffs, I would cover my eyes. He was a mediocre shooter, he could drive well. But all he had to do was wait for Jordan to either score it or dish it. Lotta guys made a lotta money off Jordan that way. Steve Kerr. John Paxon. Tony K. All of evem.

I just have to continue to disagree about the best you have every seen. Not even close to me. Not yet. Not even in the same ballpark. Yet.

6. zach619

Jan 21, 2009
    Yeah, he "was" arguably the biggest physical freak, but that guy was soft as a babys ass on the court. Damn shame, cause he is built like a freaking monster.

7. SI_Admin

SI_Admin Guest

LeBron is one of my favorite athletes, because of the way he goes about his business on and off the court. Sure, he got some grief for the televised decision and the stupid not 3, 4, 5 stunt, but everyone makes some stupid decisions. I think its pretty awesome that he's going back to Cleveland.

Jordan was a bad mofo, but Lebron seems more down to earth to me. They were/are very different players. Jordan was the classic 2 guard, and Lebron plays whatever position he wants.

8. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Having great style in the air doesn't make you the best either. I actually do agree that MJ is the greatest. I just think it's much closer than you think.

Lebron is a small forward, not a power forward. And the fact is he can play point guard, shooting guard, small forward, power forward, and center. And would be the best player in the league at each position.

9. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    ^^^^ This!!!!!

10. zach619

Jan 21, 2009
    I feel you, but to me, Lebron is a 4, playing a 3, who can play a 2 and a 1. Probably even the 5 spot.

Maybe I am just an old head. Old dogs ya know. I just feel like the Jordan era wasn't all that long ago. And check the shoes on half the leagues feet to this day and you will what kind of an impact he left on the league.

I have seen quite a few things from Lebron where I have just said, DAMN!!!!!!! But with Jordan, I don't remember a single game going by, not seeing something jaw dropping. When he got it dialed in, learned the triangle offense and help close with Phil, he became not only the greatest player we have ever seen, he became the greatest basketball mind we have seen as well. Jordan was the biggest student of the game ever.

11. zach619

Jan 21, 2009
    And the air stuff is just the icing on the cake. Didn't make him the best. He already is and was the best. His style just made it larger than life. He turned basketball into a mind game and a ballet in the sky. Jordan could kill you in every single facet of the game. No matter what. He was sick on D, just not a huge shot blocker. He would steal everything. He was the all around player. As far as that, yeah Lebron is the closest thing right now. But again, only time will tell.

12. zach619

Jan 21, 2009
    This just in:

Kevin Love is signing with the Cavs...

So, we have Kyrie Irving and Andrew Wiggins at Guard. Lebron at the 3 spot, Kevin Love at the 4 and Anderson Varejao at the 5....

I think the power has shifted in the east for sure... That is probably the sickest roster in the league now....

And no one will call it a "purchased title". This is timing and building a sick team, the old fashion way...

Again, good on you Lebron. You do right by the people and good things happen.

13. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Holy SH*T, 3 rings easy if they keep it together. I was thinking they would win a ring or two already, but this cements my thoughts.

14. zach619

Jan 21, 2009
    Yes, and now we can all be happy for the guy. And kevin love is nice as sh** with it. The least talked about talent in the league. Bosh and Wade were dead weight all year. Lebron probably would have done better with them on the bench in the finals.

15. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Couldn't agree more. Kevin Love is nasty, rebounding and can shoot with the best of em

16. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Don't they have to trade Wiggins to get Love? That's what they were saying all day.

17. GeorgiaSurfer

GeorgiaSurfer Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2013
    Just saw on sports center that Chris Bosh is finalizing a 5 year, 118 million dollar deal with the heat. i swore he was gonna go to the rockets if lebron went back to Cleveland.

18. zach619

Jan 21, 2009
    Not sure. I saw a board on ESPN showing like 4 other guys that are in the 5-6 mil range that they can offload. Not sure how the numbers will work. The trade would be worth it if it came to that though

19. zach619

Jan 21, 2009
    Damn... thats crazy. he wants to stay with Dwade and Riley... Ballsy. Miami or Houston. I would stay in South Beach... Ha.

20. GeorgiaSurfer

GeorgiaSurfer Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2013
    I know that is crazy!…. The rockets even traded Jeremy Lin and some others to free up cap space for him.. ballsy indeed.