EC Oil Exploration, Official as of Friday

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by seldom seen, Jul 23, 2014.

1. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
  2. ZombieSurfer

ZombieSurfer Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2014
    I literally just face palmed and shook my head while doing so...

It's this kind of crap that infuriates me. Basic common sense tells you there is a finite amount of fossil fuel materials within the planet. GO FOR SUSTAINABLE ALTERNATIVES. I really am so sick of how need and greed for money makes the world spin into an abyss. If only they would take the funding for this and put it towards tapping into the unlimited amounts of energy out there.

You want to tap into the energy in the ocean? Try putting these offshore for starters:

[​IMG]

At least with these it's not going to fck with everything in the water thousands of miles away

3. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
  4. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    I know dudes, I know. Zombie I'm with ya 100%, it's so god damn sickening, and that's all it is:greed, money, lobbyists...imho.

blasters, **** no is right. We might have to paddle our asses over to England if BP ****s up another inch of coastline.

5. obxjams

obxjams Member

Feb 24, 2014
    how would fish avoid your propellers lined up together. looks like a giant sushi blender.

6. epictetus

epictetus Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Don't blame me, I voted for Obama-Texaco, not BP Global Romney

7. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    i swear bp is the fukin greatest.i wish I could get away with the stuff they do.its like a schoolbus driver flips over and kills all the kids everytime it goes out,so we get a bigger schoolbus.that's how bp thinks.gas aint getting any cheaper,they will destroy the few waves we have and still pay over 3 bucks for gas

8. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    this part concerns me.

9. ZombieSurfer

Jan 9, 2014
    While I'm sure some sushi would be inevitable with those underwater turbines, the overall fallout from some diced up fish would pale in comparison to sending out sonic blasts across the entire atlantic (not to mention the later impact of the mining/drilling/burning of fossil fuels being searched for). Think of the worst song you’ve ever heard in your life, and that blasting for hours in the sky as loud as you can imagine, that’s probably what it’s going to be for most sea life. And really fck things up for creatures that use sonar to communicate, like whales.

Also, I haven’t researched them too much, but scaling wise compare those turbines to the electric windmills. Basically same principle just using underwater currents instead of wind. I think they’re slow moving and would take a three eye fish from the simpsons to get cut up by it. And if need be, I’m sure they could put a fencing/cage around it without impeding the currents

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  10. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    Wind + solar + geothermal + a reasonable standard of living(not the current exhorbitance)= the possibility of a few more generations.

11. Speed Bump

Speed Bump Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2014
    Do you never drive a automobile or motorcycle that runs on gasoline or diesel? Do you not have a plug-in hybrid or electric car that runs on, or do you not air-condition your home, with power bought from the electric company?

Or even, do you voluntarily pay more for power generated from renewables (if this is offered in your area)? Did you relocate close to work so you could ride a bike instead of driving?

If the answer is "no", then you are "they." Those are your oil platforms, dudes. The next time you roll up to the beach in your car for a session, you'll be able to look out and see what allowed you to get to the beach and ride your petrolium byproduct while you're kept warm by even more oil-based materials, right there in your backyard, instead of in some Saudi bedouin's. When you step on a tar ball, that's your imported Brazilian beef burger, smeared all over your bootie. It's finally come home to roost, NIMBY's.

12. GODSxMOONBEAN

GODSxMOONBEAN Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2014
    Sh*t, between this and the NSA Obama's no better than Bush. Well maybe a little better, but still horrible.

13. ZombieSurfer

Jan 9, 2014
    Argument is invalid. When you refer to us as the "they" the only type of impact we can have is by trying to press our views and opinions to those who can make decision in legislation that will take affect. More specifically while I rely on the systems we use in our world that doesn't mean that I have to agree with them. I am a slave to them. By economic standards I'm poor as dirt, and that's how gas companies and non-renewable fuel companies want it. I could go all conspiracy theorist right now but not the time nor place. If I had the coin you better believe I'd be driving a tesla model s as a daily driving with a diesel e-350 converted to run on veggie oil for my surf trips. I applaud a lot of the auto companies for their r&d into new types of tech. Nothing is going to change overnight, with all the vehicles on the road today there is going to be a need for fossil fuels for a long time. But using methods to get that fossil fuel that WILL UNDOUBTEDLY fck the world up even more isn't the way to do it.

My vision for the future is highly electrical based. I'm sure most of you guys have seen those phone charging mats that will charge your phone when you set it down on it. Now imagine that same wireless charging/electrical technology one MUCH larger scale. Incorporate that charging ability with the below proposed solar road panels and BAM you have electric cars with batteries that charge wireless from the road surface beneath. If more government funding and focus was put into this type of r&d instead of searching for oil our country as a whole and the world could work towards sustainability. That's my 2 cents in a nutshell.

http://www.solarroadways.com/intro.shtml

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  14. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    Someone's right we are all slaves to a degree. All one can do is minimize individual impact and spread awareness. I don't eat beef.

Meant Zombie's right, god damn autocorrect on my kindle fire 247365si.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  15. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    And I'm just as pissed about a whole host of other issues.

16. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2007
    We are all slaves to the system. But a little conservation might have gone a long way over the last few decades. Most of us don't need to drive gas guzzlers, for instance, yet so many do. And it seems like for every one person who tries to minimize their own impact, there are 100 who get off on flaunting how they're maximizing theirs. Or maybe it just looks that way to me, 'cause I live in the south where all the little men drive big trucks.

And then there's overpopulation. ......yeah, the future really looks bright, don't it?

17. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    u know if a regular joe discovered oil in his yard on the eastcoast bp would probably come and assassinate him and steal his land.i don't see oil running out anytime soon,all it is is fossil fuels,as in bones,as in dinosaurs,as in dinosaurs never existed because jesus said so,so I imagine its regular bones.dont know or care for the scientifics of it,but im sure in 200 years all the cemetaries will be oil wells

18. Scarecrow

Nov 30, 2007
    Am I the only one getting this ad on SI for "Oil Boom, earn income, 3rd generation oil operator, producing wells"? That's when I'm not seeing the one about hot asian mail order brides, of course.

19. ZombieSurfer

Jan 9, 2014
    ironic because this is the ad that showed up for me while reading your post haha

Screen shot 2014-07-23 at 9.16.30 PM.jpg

20. Scarecrow

Nov 30, 2007
    Now I've got one for "Invest in Oil and Gas Drilling" at the top of the page, and Oil Boom on the right. I have seen the green energy ad once or twice, though.