Your SI user name - what, if anything, does it mean?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by worsey, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Iggy

Iggy Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2014
    My name has no meaning and means nothing to me. Absolutely nothing.

2. sharknado

sharknado Active Member

Jul 16, 2013
    sharks and V8....what, it's not?? Oh. somebody should make a movie....

3. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    My forever dog & truly best friend Yankee: a far, far better soul than most humans. RIP brother. I sure do miss you.

4. M.R.gnar28

M.R.gnar28 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    My initials are MR and everything I due is dedicated to the pursuit of Gnar....so my favorite internet alias is MRgnar (it rhymes). My friends like to mock me (I don't blame them) and call me Mr. Gnar which I hate, so I added periods when I created it on SwellInfo for enhanced clarity :)

5. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Thank God for dogs.

Sacrificial iries in honor of Goose and Yankee tonight.

6. CBSCREWBY

CBSCREWBY Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    CB = Carolina beach Screwby = Screwed up nubie. I'm not a nube per se anymore, more but I can still FU(K up big time. Oh, Glad to be back. Did ya'll miss me? I was SURFING!!! :)

7. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Ditto on the thankfulness, hermano & humbled by the iries for my departed crew.

Props & goodness to The Phinn: he IS all that.

8. super fish

super fish Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2008
    If I were a fish I'd be a super fish

9. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    Thank you sir, and you are quite welcome.

10. capecodcdog

capecodcdog Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    It's rough when a faithful friend departs. Lost "C" dog to Lyme's 8 years ago. It attacked his kidneys, which is the worst manifestation, as by the time symptoms show, the irreparable damage is done. RIP, you were loyal to the end.

11. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Lyme's is brutal on dogs. Condolences on the chunk that got ripped out of your life: rough is an understatement.

12. BignoseLawnchair

BignoseLawnchair Member

Apr 30, 2012
    men where I'm from just have nicknames, and this is mine. It stems from when an associate of mine mentioned several times that I fold too many poker hands before the community cards are dealt. "always foldin' like a lawnchair." That night he fell down on something really hard and broke his nose. So ever since then this is what they call me.

13. HogLog

HogLog Active Member

Feb 28, 2014
    i ride a tiny little sissy stinkbug shortboard and never get any waves

14. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    RIP C dog.

15. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    I used to teach science at an alternative school in Long Branch, NJ. LB was kinda gritty back then, before Queer Village (no, not that kind of queer... just queer, like strange) was built and tried to be the Hamptons of the Jersey Shore. I always had a few students who were surfers, and they'd always come to school early and hang out with me in my classroom. If I thought there was waves, I used to tell them to walk down the street and check the surf, and come back and I'd post a report on the original surf report website, called JoeMac Surf Info Page. I posted the report under their handle, LBCrew. Years went by, the site went down, a new site took its place... Duke Storm. I kept reporting under that same handle, and it just stuck from there. So it's kind of an homage to the local Long Branch groms who are... not so little anymore.

16. capecodcdog

capecodcdog Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Thanks. Fortunately time and another loyal pup helped fill the chunk.

17. EmassSpicoli

EmassSpicoli Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    LBCrew that's a sic tale!!!!!!!!!!

18. MFitz73

MFitz73 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2010
    [video=youtube;MtXLCg08bcI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtXLCg08bcI[/video]
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtXLCg08bcI

19. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    SI stands for Singer Island, which is my home break and where the Bermuda Triangle meets the hood.

Surfdogg is because I am a salty, scruffy, loyal, rabid, but most of all a very lucky dog.

Shout out to all you surf brothers and sisters whose dogs are in heaven. If my dog Finnegan ain't there, I don't wanna go!

20. FingeredBigPaddles

FingeredBigPaddles New Member

Dec 31, 2013
    I have Large Fingers, that equate to paddling into big waves using big finger power....