What are you listening to?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by all4blues, Aug 22, 2014.

1. KillaKiel

KillaKiel Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    S.O.D. (aka Storm Troopers of Death)

The album I recommend is Speak English or Die

2. EmassSpicoli

EmassSpicoli Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    K2, don't lie bro. You and 757 rage to One Direction before sessions. Even after he went all LB on you and you guys broke up.

3. zach619

zach619 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    This.

Rise against is the best surf music on earth, but it only gets the juices flowing if the waves are going to be good. No reason to sit there thumping on the steering wheel, dreaming of the knee high madness you are about to enjoy while listening to "Help is on the way".

If its small and I have a log in the truck, I will go with Classic Rock, Slightly Stoopid, Black Rebel Motor Cycle Club or the Black Keys. All of those are chill enough to get your mind right and relaxed, but not all amped up like you need to be on your way to what should be a Barrel Fest.

4. rcarter

rcarter Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Damn, given some of the music listed before sessions some of you guys must surf angrier than Yankee and I post.

Like I said earlier I'm diggin old REM and Gary Clark Jr right now, always love some Black Keys, Black Corwes and Black Sabbath! But usually when I'm going surfing even if it's big I'm jammin to Mr. Robert Nesta Marley. Waves get me pumped enough, I need tunes to mellow my head so I can get in sync with the vibe of the ocean man!:cool:

5. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
  6. Iggy

Iggy Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2014
    Pre and post surf I mostly listen to early 80's punk (T.S.O.L, Marginal Man, Agent Orange) or reggae (Bob Marley, SOJA, Rebelution) Also listen to Grateful Dead.

7. nkh422

nkh422 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2013
    I'll go from the angry samoans to a tribe called quest real quick. variety is good for me.

if the waves are big I like something mellow, soja or gregory isaacs is nice.

8. Stranded in Smithfield

Stranded in Smithfield Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Check that first song talking about slipping into the greens and blues.

[video=youtube;OcFHOGZ-6aM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcFHOGZ-6aM[/video]

9. Big Wet Monster

Big Wet Monster Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2010
  10. Big Wet Monster

Big Wet Monster Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2010
    2-3 hour drive to surf usually...Presurf pandora station is Steely dan until Im like 20 minutes out - flip it to LCD soundsystem and pump fists (if in jersey) or pray for anything rideable if in OCMD. -everytime

11. titsandpits

titsandpits Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    slightly stoopid or rebelution and some good folk maybe Edward sharpe also... I know im typical as shi*

antoine likes this.
  12. G-Wood117

G-Wood117 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2014
    3 awesome surfy-rock-ska bands: Pepper, B-Foundation, and Audiodub. Similar to Sublime, but with their own merits - upbeat on the back beat!

13. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
  14. all4blues

all4blues Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2013
    It's interesting how music affects us. They need to do a study on the effects of music while surfing in different conditions and situations. I bet someone could talk Uncle Sam into some kinda grant money for that one. Let me know if you need a volunteer.

15. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    [video=youtube;LLyhJt6sQXc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLyhJt6sQXc[/video]

I watch/listen to this everytime before I surf.

i like to listen to alice in chains and stp.grew up in the early 90s so that's what the fuk I listen to

16. metard

metard Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2014
    frank black is amazing

17. metard

metard Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2014
    all4blues,

hooked you up with an avatar

Jun.jpg

18. cepriano

Apr 20, 2012
  19. cepriano

Apr 20, 2012
    [video=youtube;kn-0Qm7p2HE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn-0Qm7p2HE[/video]

a song for u mr.blue.I really dig this song,10yrs ago when all my boys were shootin,this was the jam.i hope it does the same for u.regardless its a good song lol

20. all4blues

all4blues Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2013
    Thanks for the pic. Ive been leaning towards one of Mississippi Fred McDowell though. Now I just have to complete a basic computer skillz 101 class and figure out how put the pic up.