Surf rules?????

Discussion in 'Global Surf Talk' started by africansurfer, Aug 13, 2014.

Tags:
  1. africansurfer

africansurfer Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Yes, that's right. Last week we had the first confirmed Ebola case here in Senegal. A guy that left the hospital in Guinea, traveling with public transport, crossing the border by foot. Then getting into public transport again until Dakar, staying with his family in Dakar for 7 days before he was to sick and had to go to the hospital. Even when he arrived he "forgot" to tell that he had been hospitalized in Guinea for Ebola. He tested positive and now every one he has been in contact with are being kept in isolation.

Man that changes everything here and we are ready to go if things gets bad here.

For now I just stay in the water all day, at least the surf a epic at the moment.

2. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    wow - thats SO african...and if its really epic.....some of us might...choose...

3. Speed Bump

Speed Bump Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2014
    Pah! You Europeans always cut and run when things get dicey! Did I bail from *a**a* when SARS hit? No! I ate street food, surfed epic typhoon swell, and didn't worry about it.

But seriously, hope Senegal's health system holds up against the disease and you can stay put.

Can you give some details on how you started your surf camp? I'm thinking about doing the same thing; starting a surf resort in another country where I surf a lot, but there are almost zero local surfers.

Did you have a lot of capital to begin with? Did you get a loan? Did you just buy some cheap property and do everything on a small budget?

How did you promote your camp? Did you get locals to come stay, or were your early guests mostly European imports? Did you have a big network of rich friends who came at the beginning, or did you manage to attract random people with advertising?

How big is the camp? Did you hire staff straight off, or was it a mom-and-pop operation (like with you and your family cooking/cleaning/driving/etc.)

How long before you broke even? Are you turning a decent profit?

4. africansurfer

Aug 13, 2014
    Hey speed bump

No the Senegalese health system sucks, if you don't have money to pay a private hospital. So it's sure going to be a big problem if Ebola starts spreading here. As we have no guests at the camp, we might as well leave.

Ohh man that's a lot of questions, will sure help you!! You can contact me on skype jesper@gosurf.dk and then we can take it from there:)

5. africansurfer

Aug 13, 2014
    Yes, that is the problem here. No education and simple thinking!!! Great people here though.

6. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    una cosa mas - the american media are reporting the ebola epidemic as a DOUBLE CRISIS...(!!!!!)....

1) ebola epidemic
    2) collapse of health care system

example: many women in affected countries giving birth in street as there is nobody to help...with anything.
    i would not lie about something this serious.

7. Biddo

Biddo New Member

Sep 4, 2014
  8. africansurfer

Aug 13, 2014
    Ohhh man guess you are referring to Liberia. It's a mess and they need loads of help.

Pretty much all hospitals are closet as no one wants to work there as they have little safety equipment. So people are dieing from minor things. Food prices has doubled...

Here is some articles to understand how bad the situations is.

http://rt.com/news/184660-ebola-patient-escapes-liberia/

http://news.yahoo.com/liberia-doctors-strike-u-n-warns-food-shortages-140846320--sector.html

http://www.news24.com/Africa/News/VIDEO-Hungry-Liberia-Ebola-patient-flees-quarantine-20140903

9. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    wow. that news is SO BAD.
    americans not so worried.
    hope senegal can avoid it..

10. africansurfer

Aug 13, 2014
    Me too!!!!

This place is so much for developed and educated. Campaigns have already started, so no hand shaking always stay clean and avoid packed local transport ect.... So on the right track

For the Western world it would never get as bad as it is in Liberia, Guinea and Sear Leone. As it's no complicated virus to get rid of, if people just follow simple rules for a while.

11. africansurfer

Aug 13, 2014
  12. boogitym

boogitym Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2011
    You mean like no drinking in the morning or all day? Just sayin most of us can prob wait passed morning but all day.... In the summer? I dunno man if im lucky enough to kill an IPA or 2(cough cough kane head hi) before the afternoon/evening session then its a pretty darn nice day

F his couches

13. dbiz135

dbiz135 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2007
    N****s be eating that bush meat. Ebola sucks bolas... Need to stop traveling all round spreading that s**t like jelly!! I dont care how good jbay gets!!

14. dbiz135

dbiz135 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2007
    Pahleeeezzze. When Im on vacay. I OD on the breakfast buffet..drink 6 El Sols or wetf. Blaze a dookie... Bus-a-nut.. Paddle out and drop in on the first local I see (by mistake) and proceed to do this 7 days consecutively..

Aloha!

15. africansurfer

Aug 13, 2014
    LOL that sound like a lot of fun. But still ocean/waves combined with alcohol is not the best idea.

16. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    u people ever see blood diamond with decaprio?that's the reason I would never go to northern Africa.i know theres got to be thousands of epic waves near sierra leone,Liberia,but getting kidnapped and possibly beheaded is not worth it to me.not to mention the diseases.

ur liable to drop in on a local African and get shot up with 50cal machine guns on the back of a pickup when u come out the water.isis has nothing on the African rebels,they are puzzys compared to them.people that go around chopping limbs off,raping everyone,beheading children.i am not black and even if u are black u will still get killed in northwest Africa.dont know where Senegal is btw lol.south Africa has white people,businesses,and its developed.il surf jbay but from morocco to Namibia I want nothing to do with it.

17. africansurfer

Aug 13, 2014
    Africa is a big continent with many different cultures

[​IMG]

18. metard

metard Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2014
    dear african surfer,

rhodesia or zimbabwe? pick one.

thanks,

metard

19. africansurfer

Aug 13, 2014
    No thanks.... No waves and heavy crime

20. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    [video=youtube;FTQbiNvZqaY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTQbiNvZqaY[/video]