15 second swell period...

Discussion in 'Northeast' started by MFitz73, Sep 16, 2014.

1. zach619

zach619 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Yeah, the Bathymetry is nothing like what it is out west. I can attest, 15 seconds yesterday was not idea over here. I thought the same thing you did. 15s is nothing. 20+ is common place all winter long out west. That sh** doesn't fly over here. 8-12 seems to be about the good window. Anything less sucks, anything more is dumpy. For the most part. There are nooks and crannies that can hold it, but not you average BB.

2. MFitz73

MFitz73 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2010
    you're absolutely right on all counts. sucks you were stuck in the transit mess.... this morning I was able to get some good shoulders, not many but better than yesterday. some good size this morning too.

3. sbx

sbx Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Oh, Rockaway. Saw a dude on a boogie drop in on surfers and go straight on the first wave of every set for like 2 hours. He also had a really rad kicking style, keeping his fins right on the surface so that water splashed anyone within 15 feet of him. Also saw a dude in a full body camo two piece lycra suit thing. And a woman surfing in yoga pants.

4. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    The huffer?

5. sbx

sbx Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Isn't he like 50 years old? Maybe this was his nephew or something. Forgot the best part--he had a friend standing on the jetty taking pictures.

6. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    Yes! That is icing on the cake.

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Oh the south! The water is still about 82, and the air temp was about 70 (brrrrrrr!) on the beach yesterday am. And somebody was wearing a full wetsuite.

8. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    LOL a fullsuite!!!! I guess we shouldn't clown dudes in them in the NE right now then.

LOL ROTFL SMH LMAO LMFAO LOL- that was for Bill

9. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Speaking of, he disappeared already? Was hoping he'd stick around and drop some gems, forum getting stale...

10. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    Dude I was surprised at his sudden reappearance honestly. I'll do what i can to convince to get back on here more...no joke the seagulls were trying to talk to me yesterday though.

11. sbx

sbx Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    I thought he was here, he just accidentally logged in with his "MATT JOHNSON" account.

12. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    HAHA, dem seagulls are a blast to mess with, mind games man, mind games!

No way they are the same person. 1st of all Matt can barely type without errors, he gives Shred a run for his money on bad grammar (hmmm, maybe he IS the Shred). Bill is way more eloquent and verbose and his arguments are far superior. He would of wiped the floor with ihatelongboarders!

13. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2013
    the surf pants are popular here and there, it keeps the sun off apparently

14. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    It puts the lotion on the skin

15. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

Sep 17, 2013
    Surfing 6 hour days requires constant reapplication, there are some people who just surf 6 hours a day 200 days a year here, thats a lot of lotion, but I assume you order Vaseline by the pallet out of loneliness, so you know about bulk orders

16. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Dude either you missed the joke or you are too lame to let things go and play along with the joke that wasn't even shot at you. C'mon man, lighten up, it's Friday ass wipe

17. goosemagoo

goosemagoo Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    SHRED's probably out on bail with some kind of home restriction....I bet he gets bored not being able to travel the world banging hindus...MJ suddenly reappears....the plot thickens.

18. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

Sep 17, 2013
    oh I got the joke, its a dumb one and I made fun of you, Im pretty 'lightened up' at 5am
    i

19. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Considering it's 6:04 am in Hawaii I find that funny, maybe if you're going to lie about your whereabouts you should learn the time zones

The Current Time in
    Hawaii is:

Friday
    9/19/2014
    6:04 AM
    HST

Hawaii
    is in the
    Hawaii-Aleutian Time Zone

20. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

Sep 17, 2013
    woke up at 5 homie, posting time was 555

you think I am making anything up? why would I lie? you are so sorry and corny, must be the FL in you