couple boards for sale

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by surferboi0911, Jan 12, 2009.

1. surferboi0911

surferboi0911 Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2007
    picking up a board sponsor so i need to move out the old and make way for the new. im located just outside DC, but am willing to drive a little to drop off or meet up if needed.

ive got a 5'10" Plus One squash. bought new in may 08, just normal pressure dings from riding. real fast and awesome in turns. looking for $225 OBO

also got a 6'1 chili pin tail. usually used it in bigger stuff and the board was ridic. 1st wave i ever got with it was a perfect chest high barrel :D it was bought about a yr ago by someone else. i got it from him a couple months ago. when he had it, the nose almost broke off (never actually came off completely), but it was glassed over (not just suncure) and is SOLID. looking for $150 OBO

ive also got a 3 yr-old 6'2 canyon swallow tail. this board could literally catch ankle slappers all the way to Noel waves. lots of volume, very easy to ride. had 2 dings on the rails, fixed with suncure and never had any problems. tail was also a little beat up. latest problem was a fin plug that got ripped out riding shorebreak. shop estimated it to be about $50 to replace. looking for $75

Attached Files:

2. SurfingOC912

SurfingOC912 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2007
    Picking up a new board sponsor and you are landlocked in D.C.? Who's sponsoring you? Where do you surf, the Potomac River Mouth?

3. NJKILLSYOU

NJKILLSYOU Active Member

Aug 9, 2008
    id take that plus one if i was closer.

4. surferboi0911

Apr 18, 2007
    correction...outside DC, not in, never in lol.

and it is possible for someone to be a halfway decent surfer and not live at a beach. us landlocked guys need a little love too

Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  5. Wavetucker

Wavetucker Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2008
    u r a tool!! sponsered my ass.....kook alert!!!!:D

6. surferboi0911

Apr 18, 2007
    haha i enjoy the humor, but also wrong. i didnt say i was gettin sponsored by oneill or quik. i did some looking around and found a shaper in florida thats willing to sponsor me...why would i pass that up :)

7. surfnj

surfnj Member

Jun 3, 2008
    wow you must be really good to have board sponsor do you get flowed? iwish i had one:confused::eek:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  8. SurfingOC912

Dec 13, 2007
    Just a question...if I was a shaper in Florida, with all the talent I have in my backyard...why would I sponsor a guy in D.C. who doesn't even live near the ocean where his sport takes place??

Just a question, like wavehunter...I'm calling you're bluff man...

9. Wavetucker

Wavetucker Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2008
    Nuff said!!!!!!:D

10. surferboi0911

Apr 18, 2007
    Pure Island surfboards in New Smyrna

guy's name is Frank, and he has ties with the ocean city area

and just a little info for you guys, its really not that hard to get sponsored. small scale shapers and companies are looking for pretty much anyone to carry their products to get the name out. you should try it instead of trying to call someone out.

A company called Dice Apparel in NJ is also looking for athletes to sponsor, so maybe some of you could look into that instead of wasting your time putting other ppl down. just an idea.

if your interested in the boards then awesome, i'd love to get them to you. but if you're not, then why try and start stuff?

11. KRae

KRae New Member

Sep 8, 2008
    I'm interested

Are the boards still available? And do you have pictures of them?

KR

12. surferboi0911

Apr 18, 2007
    yes they are. and the pics are posted as attachments on the initial post

13. SurfingOC912

Dec 13, 2007
    Ok, great...this guy from New Smyrna has ties to ocean city. There's still a problem...you don't live near the beach!! At best, you live 2 - 2.5 hours away from the beach.

Still callin' you out on it. I think it's a load of crap, but hey, have fun selling your surfboards that you use once a month for those LOOONNNNGGG journey's down to the coastline....kook

14. surferboi0911

Apr 18, 2007
    haha ok. appreciate the support

you can give the guy a call if you'd like. he might even throw a little support your way being that you live at the beach and all and that apparently makes you something special

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  15. SurfingOC912

Dec 13, 2007
    well...for starters....it doesn't make me a tourist....

16. surferboi0911

Apr 18, 2007
    ive never claimed to be a local. pretty sure i dont qualify as a kook though, but if being geographically challenged is being a kook in your book, then ill accept that.

seriously though, if i can get some sort of sponsorship, maybe some of you guys should look around for them, they're everywhere. save some good money too

17. aczaplicki

aczaplicki Well-Known Member

May 10, 2008
    Boards look like they have never been surfed before? Appears to me that a kook bought a few boards showing off to his friends and didn't realize that he didn't live by the water.

18. surferboi0911

Apr 18, 2007
    the 1st board hadnt been ridden the day the pic was taken...happened to be the same day it was bought so you're right on that and i got it after my session that day so i didnt go back in the water with it. it was ridden a couple days later though. the other board's pics were from the guy that sold it to me, and it is obviously used in that pic.

i'm not sure i see the need in u guys trying to disqualify me. is it resentment? boredom? some other psychological issue? if u want 1, buy it. if not, then i'd say you can PM me with any concerns u may have about the validity of what i've said so far, but i assure that i've been 100% honest. any other questions or concerns that i can help you with?

19. rcav

rcav Member

Aug 13, 2008
    surfingOC youre a tool.. i grew up 10 min from the beach and for the past 4 years was stuck about an hour and a half from any decent break while i was at school in boston.. i still found a way to paddle out before and after class in the freezing cold at least twice a week..

you dont know what this guy's deal is.. you're prob a kook cuz u spend so much time callin people out on message boards instead of being in the water

20. GnarActually

GnarActually Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2007
    tail pad is too far up on the 5"10