Shark Repelling Magnets

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by ClemsonSurf, Oct 18, 2014.

1. ClemsonSurf

ClemsonSurf Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Bo's,

It's my birthday today. I'm sure everyone is waiting until 11:59 to wish me happy bday..... you guys.

Anyway, my Dad is not a surfer and he sent me two Shark Shocker bracelets/anklets, basically a leash cuff with no leash. I feel kooked out and guilty by possession. He's asked me to wear inflatable CO2 life jackets and strap a knife to my leg when I'm out there. Parent's just don't understand. I think the perceived fears vs reality is funny. I mean I dinged my longboard with my face on Friday. He doesn't tell me to wear a helmet though.

Here the shocker btw.

IMG_9121.jpg IMG_9127.jpg IMG_9129.jpg

2. metard

metard Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2014
    what's with the pink c*ck ring?

3. njsurfer42

njsurfer42 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    that's funny, b/c i saw a guy wearing a pro-tec skate helmet in the water this morning.

4. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Couple months ago I ran into a dude wearing a helmet that included a tinted visor. Dudes in the water were calling hm Darth Surfer, he was terrible on a board but was funny watch

5. jettyface

jettyface Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009

Did it have ear flaps?

6. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    No, it looked like a motorcycle helmet lmao

7. njsurfer42

njsurfer42 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    like this?

[​IMG]

gath surf helmet...tom carroll wore one at pipe & g-land. no need for one under most circumstances though, unless you've got a head/brain issue.

8. jettyface

jettyface Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Ear flaps or bust bro.

9. ClemsonSurf

ClemsonSurf Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2007
    That's pretty much the best, but how would you vibe anyone?

I dinged my face and board going after some dude that lost his after cutting me off. Almost grabbed it on the wave and went after it once I missed. I was gonna be nice and only break 1 fin off. Not really, but i got to his board and grabbed it, turned around to get mine before it was launched and was a second late and I couldn't block it with one hand. I pretty much fitzpedo'd myself.

Maybe the helmet would actually help vibe people because they'd never know if you were vibing or not.

10. rcarter

rcarter Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Happy B Day man. Also wear the shark magnet thing. If you don't get bit tell us.

11. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Yes exactly! Hahaha, it was a chest to head high day, not worthy of a helmet unless the dude had a brain tumor or something. Such a fun day of surf though, we all just laughed it off

12. kidrock

kidrock Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    untitled.png

This is the shark shocker I prefer to use.

13. dansan

dansan Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2013