Surf etiquette

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by hobie78, Oct 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titsandpits

titsandpits Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y5_Kuw1tXM

how jr feels after that one

2. Vince Fontane

Vince Fontane Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2013
    Ahahaha! No you wouldnt! If you accidentally dropped in on me, Id give you the benefit of the doubt the first time. After that you would be better off paddling down beach or you would wind up with a gash in your board at the very least.
    Love the tough guy forum talk though. Hope you got that warm cozy, "Yea, I told him"! feeling. Sleep well.

3. JawnDoeski

JawnDoeski Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2014
    Couldn't have said it better!

4. biff22

biff22 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Thanks for saying that Ryan. It makes a big difference when people are polite. Especially if you're not a local.

5. titsandpits

Sep 4, 2012
    lol your a kook id drop in on you every wave how about you try and fight rather stab a board you puss hate ppl that damage property in retribution man up and come bench off in Belmar then ill kick you a$$ and fu(k your b!tch

6. biff22

biff22 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    PS - if you've only been surfing a year, you really have no business commenting on this thread.

7. MichaelJR

MichaelJR Well-Known Member

May 4, 2014
    Alright billy Madison.

8. Vince Fontane

Vince Fontane Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2013
    Surf there all the time! I love fighting! Train all the time when Im not out picking fights. Other then surfing/skating and your mom(think of me next time you give her a kiss. She says I taste great), its the best. I roll in purple astro van with paisley skulls and I got bright new neon pink aqua socks and custom banana board (for the big days) you kook! Keep your eyes open and lets have a party wave!

9. MichaelJR

May 4, 2014
    Lol, the water hasn't been above 57 for a minute now. Today I didn't check the temp, still not in boots or gloves, but it's 100% under 57 at this point. Probably could have tossed on my boots today. So far, I haven't flinched. I can't see another 25 degrees really turning me away. Little bit of cold doesn't bother me, i'm from new England.

10. titsandpits

Sep 4, 2012
    lol you "train" and im the tuff guy your classic vince
    surfer/skater/fighter
    do you and your office buddies call yourselves the lords of newjerz
    go back to pursuing that white belt in karate kook while you at it, ill be railing your moms butt while your stroking professor ming chows ween

vince fontane "training" and warming up for his mav's sesh
    https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=2051129961875

11. skimdog

skimdog Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2012
    Its everyman for himself out there lately. Lot of chicks now too. Maine is getting crowded now. Some dude tried to snake me today then smiled at me all freindly. I indentify the guys out there that knows what time it is , the rest......... &*%$ them. Canada @*#@ them too.

12. JawnDoeski

JawnDoeski Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2014
    Dudes! Skaters/Surfers don't want to fight we just want to get stoked, party and fornicate with beautiful women! ****ty attitudes kill line ups just as bad as clueless kooks. Surfing isn't supposed to be some jock bro match **** measuring contest! Youz need to lighten up drink a beer and smoke a doobie!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  13. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Troll & kook. What a combo platter. As well as getting high on your own supply. Fat, arrogant & ignorant is no way to go through life son.

Your morning ritual is always the same: mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the biggest douche canoe of them all? And you're always surprised when you get the answer, "It's you, michelleimbecile."

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  14. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    O...M...G... 57?!?! Really? You are soooo core. You should really look in to a cold weather surf vehicle. You can't be rollin up to the spot in the same whip you rolled up in September. Dudes will think you're a kook.
    I didn't realize it's been below 57 for a hot minute.. Weird that the buoy says it's 58.5 today... You should totally call NOAA and let them know you have more accurate readings.

15. MichaelJR

May 4, 2014
    Arrogant, maybe. Fat, no. Ignorant, certainly not.

I'll eat the arrogant and ask for seconds.

16. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Arrogant: without question.
    Fat: probably are who cares.
    Ignorant: without question; you yammer on & on in an arrogant tone about things that are way above your pay grade, you don't listen to the voices of experience on this site, you're just here to spout off whilst contributing nothing & you're completely enamored of yourself.

Dial it back because you just annoy people. Then again, if that's your raison d'etre, see item one.

17. MichaelJR

May 4, 2014
    Dude you said 65, not me. Just correcting you. I don't think the water broke 65 this summer for more than 2 weeks total here. This is NH dumb dumb. Cold. Very cold. 11 miles from Maine cold.

As for cold weather, you don't get much snow where you're from. We get snow. Lots of snow. It's cold, way colder up in these parts. Cross that NH border and you're chattering.
    Again, the cold doesn't bother me. Been snowboarding since I was a kiddo. You don't know cold kitten.

18. titsandpits

Sep 4, 2012
    nj gets cold in jan-feb... maybe not as cold as new Hampshire will get but I don't think you even know what that feels like since you said you seen your first OH waves recently, everyone knows the real tubes and boobs are chased in the winter! anyhoot, nj can get brutal. 35 degree water, brain ice pops, 10 degrees outside plus 20+ mph offshore winds makes the windchill 0 or in the negatives, OH-DOH waves which means duckdiving is inevitable. youll see bro if you commit. try and buy the Patagonia 10mm suits with 13 mil gloves heard those are the ticket for surfing NE and Antarctica

19. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Arrogant douche canoe.

20. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010

If I understands you correctly, I totally agree...

You can usually tell by ppls attitudes on the beach, how they will be in the water. I really think it has to do with the culture now a days. It's all greed greed... Give me what I want and I want it now, I don't care if I don't have enough money- I just want to look cool like the celebrities.

Prime example- I'm cruising down the board walk on my bike to check the surf - there is a few guys standing and checking the surf(who I have never seen, but they kinda look like Kelly slater or something)- I say what's up- or I nod or what ever, and 9 times out of 10 they just continue to stare like they didn't hear me. Like they are too cool or something. I don't understand it really. what ever. Maybe it's cause I don't have the newest surf style clothing and I'm still wearing ten year old surf t-shirts. I guess that means I'm not a surfer? lol maybe I'm not as cool as them...but at least I have surf ediquitte and have tons more fun and a smile on my face. I don't mean to boast- but I gave away a hand few of waves yesterday since I knew I was too deep and not going to make it- all the while this other guy keeps paddling for every wave and wasted many waves since he was too deep. Next time I should just burn him... Idk - but I do know that I can't wait till January when they are all on the ski slopes drinking coffee or something. I will be paddling out and getting barreled. Oh well see ya in the summer.

I don't think I made any sense maybe I'm disgruntled too but whatever.. When's winter going to be here?

Btw ' childish young man' is a good why of discribing it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.