Stupid Hipsters

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by StickyHandz, Oct 23, 2014.

1. StickyHandz

StickyHandz Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Stupid Hipster Surfers

2. FUN

FUN Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2014
    define hipster

3. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    If you wear a button down shirt....unbuttoned while riding a longboard.....you might be a hipster.

4. Blackfish

Blackfish Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2013
    That takes you from hipsterland and straight into douchebag country.

5. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    I always thought all surfers are hipsters.atleast the ones in nj.il call them eve,like the douche

6. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    I don't get it....

Why start a thread about this? Maybe you should have tried the 'search option' on swellinfo.com or started one about summer pros.

Your choice.

7. numbone

numbone Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2012
    why the f do people hate hipsters?are they mean to you , do they offend you,did they steal your girlfriend, do you find yourself strangely attracted to them? I just don't get it dudes

8. AndrewIfallalot

AndrewIfallalot Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2012
    Hipster.

How do you get from Brooklyn to Rockaway?

9. waterbaby

waterbaby Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2012
    I don't hate hipsters...although I do think most are fashion victims.

Other day, there was a skinny kid (looked mid 20s) out surfing and he had this giant full beard and a crew cut up top. Usually, I wouldn't pay any attention, but air temps where we were surfing are still in the 80s and water temp is around 65. In this situation, the beard was completely dysfunctional and looked ridiculous. Didn't help that he was on a hipster funboard and couldn't surf worth a sh!t...basically, a big, hairy obstacle.

10. backside hack

backside hack Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Hating on hipsters is just the politically correct way to bash gays......

11. rcarter

rcarter Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Quote of the fukin week man!

12. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Too much hate will eat you up.
    Brings to mind an old song that perhaps only a few here recall. Came out in the late 60's during the Vietnam era, civil rights protests, etc.
    [video=youtube;53XyCbIJGKY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53XyCbIJGKY[/video]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  13. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Step 1: Grow handlebar mustache
    Step 2: Buy a single-fin lb
    Step 3: Move to NY and surf Ditch Plains
    Step 4: Create an Instagram acct

14. bennysgohome

bennysgohome Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    lmao! Exactly! Hipsters say rockaway it so raw but they don't like my obscure b-side fine young cannibals album. They liked them before anyone knew them. Watch out for them and their 8 fin new wave boards.

15. bennysgohome

bennysgohome Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    Yes, and most are from brooklyn and asbury park, one in the same. Let me ride the new ryan lovelace stick, joke.

16. whynot

whynot Active Member

Nov 13, 2013
    <br /><br />Isn't this played out enough already? Wearing an open button-down surfing isn't very practical, I agree. I wouldn't do it. But is that more or less ridiculous than sitting around thinking, I'll start a \"Stupid Hipsters\" thread on my surfing forum…? I think it's Dave Rastavich wearing one of those open buttondowns in Thomas Campbell's \"Sprout\". Buttondown or not, he makes you all look like kooks.

17. EmassSpicoli

EmassSpicoli Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    On the walk down to Tr*stl*'s yesterday I saw a sticker that said "Death to Hipsters". Immediately thought of zach619 and the Swellers. Saw dis tread before charging lol

seldom...feeling singular bro?

18. rcarter

rcarter Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Shut the fuk up douche shuttle. We'll make treads about what ever the fuk we want to make treads about and you will shut your little princess mouth and like it. Happy Friday Nut Gobbler.

19. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    You know it. It's all gonna culminate in a significant swell event in December. Thunder snow will be involved.

Things are gonna change I can feel it

You tell carter and hack man. F hipsters. I don't care what they do on land, but they should stay out da water.

20. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    obstacles.
    OBSTACLES!
    i hate obstacles.

also, i learned something about myself from this thread.
    i will paddle around and usually ignore the positioning of guys with beards
    cause due to prevailing fashion trends i assume they are younger and less talented therefore they
    exist merely to be stuffed.