Stupid Hipsters

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by StickyHandz, Oct 23, 2014.

1. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    I like turtles.

Hey jballen2 suite avatar dude.

2. Riley Martin's Disgruntled Neighbor

Riley Martin's Disgruntled Neighbor Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Hipsterism is just a fashion movement, right? They like weird facial hair and beards and love denim and bad music?

3. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    If you haven't seen this movie I suggest you buy it or rent it on iTunes.

[video=youtube_share;AFYIDBXp1Ew]http://youtu.be/AFYIDBXp1Ew[/video]

4. ZombieSurfer

ZombieSurfer Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2014
    [​IMG]

5. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2013
    how dafock did I miss this gem.
    I want to buy you a beer or three

6. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Looks like he hired MichaelJr to write his goodbye post... see you in two days pumpkin!

7. Amanzi

Amanzi Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    My opinion (which is worth nothing), is that anyone who defines themselves by how the y dress, what they listen to, or the length of their head or facial hair are sad individuals that are nothing more than propogandic tools for the government, they shouldn't be hated upon, but should be smacked upside the head at every appearance.

8. rxsurf90

rxsurf90 Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    It's a lifestyle, man. It starts with a fashion statement: the low cut skinny jeans that either don't reach the top of the shoe/sneaker or is rolled at the bottom, the tight fitting shirt that's "unique" enough to seek attention, the horn rimmed glasses that they wear even if they don't need prescription bi-focals, and the ridiculous haircut where it is parted to the side and the other side is shaved, down to a 1 or 2. That's the "style" of a typical hipster.

Then it goes from there. The music: usually indie- stuff that not a lot of people listen to, but the bands that already have a decent following. They latch on like leeches and claim the style for their own. THEY were there first. EVERYONE else is jacking their style. They're almost like scenesters. Lately surfing has been getting involved. As if they didn't think they were cool enough they try and latch onto a sport when let's be honest, they don't have much athletic skill to begin with.

But it evolves from there! They go into the same community. Almost like China Town in Manhattan, the hipsters have taken over Brooklyn. And you know what, maybe that's for the better, because before they got to Williamsburg and surrounding areas it was a ****hole. So the ONE thing hipsters are good for is reviving a borough and rising it from the ground. But it'll be short lived. These hipsters will move on with their lives, have kids, and realize a tiny 1 bedroom in brooklyn isn't the best place to raise kids. They will move out to the 'burbs, drive a mini-van, and never surf again.

The worst part about all of this is their attitudes. They have some egotistical complex that legitimately shadows over them, almost like a hue of douche. You can tell as soon as they walk in the room. They're the people who only buy vinyl to support a band. Not because it sounds better, just because it's cool. And if there's no vinyl? "**** that, I don't want a CD!" Support the music regardless ****S! They're the people that will only put their mouth on a beer glass that is served with a unique type of IPA with 15 different hops, brewed in a natural well, using organic water and stirred using the recycled wood from a fence that was found at a property from 1725. I love craft beer just like the next guy, but if you put a PBR in front of me I'm going to pound it down like it's water. 'MERICA.

And I digress. Yeah, I'm totally hating on an entire group of individuals because they're douchey, I have no shame. SUCK A BUTT. End rant.

9. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    So the only question that remains...do we start to harass and assail them on site? Tell them to go home? Or do we let it pass.

The stakes are high. We need to bring back a negative image.

10. grainofsand

grainofsand Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2014
    just a bunch of kids with growing pains, probably be doctors or lawyers some day. Everyone strives for individuality but end up getting branded. look at surf clothing, it sells a "life-style". RipCurl's new slogan "Surfing is Everything" they make some of the best wetsuits but you see people wearing their stuff in Boise, ID

11. salt

salt Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    i can't grow a thick luxurious beard. i can't be a quality hipster. my beard is sparse and itchy. this past summer was the Summer of the Beard. are big beards here to stay?

12. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    Methinks they are, for the time being...now all these kooky humans are talking about 'no-shave November'...man, so many koooks, so little space. Salt I'm the same, I can't grow a full beard.

13. ClemsonSurf

ClemsonSurf Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Jeeez I hope so. I think there is a lot of good to come out of the hairy hipster genre. Soon, a group of people that has endured ridicule from all walks of life and lifestyles may have his day. I have a dream that one day a hairy back man can stand next to a man with no hair on his back. And that the hairy back man will win the lady, and that day, hairy backs will be cool!

14. ClemsonSurf

Dec 10, 2007

Does it bother you that hipsters are too cool to boogie?

15. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    No not at all Clemmie, keeps the boog clan pure.

16. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    I don't want any more people in the water in general.

17. HighOnLife

HighOnLife Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2014
    Haha, well, when you think about it, if we didn't have kooks or tourists or what not, there would be absolutely no money in surfing, or in your case, "waveriding" haaha

18. ClemsonSurf

Dec 10, 2007
    No one here is getting rich from riding waves.

We should start an Occupy WaveStreet movement where the .01% of surfers that make money from the sport give it back to the regular guys like us, start letting me win contests and give me endorsements!

19. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    So are all dudes with a beard considered a hipster or is it the whole "uniform" that is taken into consideration. I see lots of dudes with big beards that would kick a hipsters a$$. I just want to know how I should be labeling people, I want to be fair.