Wallops Island Launch in 1 Hour

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by yankee, Oct 27, 2014.

1. rcarter

rcarter Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Yes he did!

The breakfast drink or the Poon variety?

2. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Go play with your Obama and / or Bush and / or Elon Musk dolls. I'll send Archy's Putin doll over to kick their asses.

Oh wait.....Pumpmaster just DID kick your ass. With facts.

Clowns like you drink the KoolAid. I'm not the wack job for wondering about the real story behind these 'unexplained' incidents, you're the wack job for sucking on the govt teet & nodding your head like one of those stupid bobble heads in the back of your da-da's old station wagon.

3. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Bingo. Listen to Z, he's dead-on accurate this one.

4. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    One last item to underscore your naivete. You are the farmer in this classic from Aesop's Fables:

The story concerns a farmer who finds a viper freezing in the snow. Taking pity on it, he picks it up and places it within his coat.

The viper, revived by the warmth, bites his rescuer, who dies realizing that it is his own fault. The story is recorded in both Greek and Latin sources. In the former, the farmer dies reproaching himself "for pitying a scoundrel," while in the version by Phaedrus the snake says that he bit his benefactor "to teach the lesson not to expect a reward from the wicked."

The latter sentiment is made the moral in Medieval versions of the fable. Odo of Cheriton's snake answers the farmer's demand for an explanation with a counter-question, "Did you not know that there is enmity and natural antipathy between your kind and mine? Did you not know that a serpent in the bosom, a mouse in a bag and fire in a barn give their hosts an ill reward?"

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  5. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    The Frog and the Scorpion is a similar tale, which emerged in about 1954. About the time that the Soviet Union (as it was known at the time) was deeply embroiled in the growing Cold War with the western allies.

Get the connection, sparky...?

6. sbx

sbx Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
  7. ihatelongboarders

ihatelongboarders Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2007
    exactly but that doesn't fit with the narrative they're trying to portray!

look a healthy bit of skepticism is necessary and i don't deny that but the polar opposite of "keep drinking the kool aid" is just as delusional as someone buying an explanation verbatim.

8. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Splitting hairs, kidz. Masturbation makes you dumb, stop wankin' & start livin'.

Talk about conspiracy theories: ".....the narrative that they're trying to portray."
    Eh? Have a look at the facts, sparky. Do you really think for one moment that the guys who worked on the rocket motors were Ukrainian, and only Ukrainian? That there was zero opportunity or incentive for sabotage to take place? Have you been paying attention to what's happening between Putin & the west?

It's ok, who cares. Somebody has to believe in santa claus, apple pie & the Washington Monument. That would be you, sheeple.

9. sbx

sbx Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    So I can avoid being a sheeperson, how do I know what bad things are Russia's fault and what bad things are just bad things?

10. goosemagoo

goosemagoo Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    From:http://www.theguardian.com/science/...cket-explodes-nasa-launch-pad-orbital-science

Nostradamus says nObama will launch an investigation that will publish its findings on Monday Nov. 4th (Tues. is election day). The report will say "It's Bush's fault."

11. Speed Bump

Speed Bump Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2014
    LOL. SS and RC, shut up before I slap yankers D out of your M.

You are drinking something, but maybe it ain't kool-aide, if you think yanker knows S about S. Aerojet bought the surplus NK-33 engine, that they crammed on the Antares, 20 years ago, and that engine sat in a Ukranian warehouse for 20 years before that. Yanker apparently thinks Putin tossed a ruble in the turbopump as the thing rolled off the line, yesterday. But that's what simpleminded tinfoil-hattiness gets you.

Orbital is just a crap company buying crap rockets from another crap company that failed to properly inspect and update the original crap Soviet manufacturing. Big surprise that they just made a pretty spectacular firework. The monster N-1 moon rocket (that those NK-33's were meant to power) blew up 3 out of 3 times the soviets tried to launch it.

SpaceX, which is not Tesla, was co-founded by Tom Mueller, the engineer who built the first Merlin engine--and the first new American-made engine since the RS-68 (Rocketdyne) in his garage in Los Angeles. Musk, the rich sci-fi nerd gave him the money to build a rocket company that is currently kicking everyone's A. He went to school in Idaho and California, if it matters. Lotta SpaceX guys surf, btw.

And I rip Orbital because they blow up more rockets than any other American company. If you want a rocket to put your payload into space, hire Lockmart (CO), Boeing (WA), or maybe SpaceX (CA). If you want to put one in the dirt, hire Orbital.

12. Koki Barrels

Koki Barrels Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
  13. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    We'll send you over there on a fact-finding mission. That way your snarky, glib, hipster ass can bring back a full report written by your very own pudgy paws.

14. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.......it's ok, skidmark, post up another 18 RSC's before the night is through.

The USA's moron move was outsourcing NASA aspects to foreign entities. Especially to The Ukraine. Oh, what, they're not actually Russia...? And there couldn't possibly be any ethnic Russians employed at their mfg plant...? And Putin would never, no never, ever entertain rendering an American rocket mission impotent because he gets to nail two targets with one face plant, and both those targets are the subject of massive geo-politicking by Putin. Nah. Never happen.

There's no way that fatal car crashes could be caused by overloaded key rings, either. And if a car mfg company found out that was happening, there's no way they would sweep that kind of news under the carpet for, oh, 8 years.

There's no way the feds threw light bulbs loaded with toxic chemicals onto the tracks of the NYC subway system in the 1950's & then monitored local hospitals for admissions.

There's no way that the Plum Island bio-warfare center was the source of Lyme Disease.

If you can honestly sit there in your lil bunny hut & voice your snarky francis opinion that there was no chance of sabotage/espionage on this project until you see 'proof', then, yes, you are, truly, cannon fodder aka sheeple.

Anyways, it's all yap yap yap. Believe what you want, doesn't matter a whit to me. With any luck at all, you'll be the next wacked out lab experiment in Area 51. Oh, wait, that place didn't exist for years, either, according to the feds.

15. sbx

sbx Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    I'm lost, what does this even mean?

16. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Whatever you want it to mean, sparky.

17. sbx

sbx Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    I choose nothing.

18. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Mirror image of thyself. Perfect. You may be related to michellejr.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  19. sbx

sbx Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    so weird, diff'rent strokes i suppose