Vote Today?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by zach619, Nov 4, 2014.

Did you Vote today (Nov 4)

Poll closed Nov 6, 2014.
  1. Yes I voted

34 vote(s)
    59.6%
  2. No I didn't

23 vote(s)
    40.4%
  1. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2013
    we should be allowed to voluntarily contribute what we wish to use, forcing us to use/pay anything is immoral.

I dont mind being called out. buoys and satellites are complicated, I get it. Private industry can do anything gvts can do, and usually more efficiently. granted that private space rocket exploded recently, but NASA has had plenty failure too.

failure leads to growth if you admit your mistakes

forcing taxation leads to wars. always. history has shown me this

and by deriding the middle of the bell curse, sounds like you want a technocratic autocracy. What. a. Nightmare.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  2. sbx

sbx Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    I would rather there weren't buoys, it would keep the crowds down.

3. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

Sep 17, 2013
    nice

4. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

Sep 17, 2013
    Basically you are saying that the only choice we have is human disaster or highly invasive state mechanisms infringing on human rights (what is developing now)

do you expect anyone to believe those are the only choices? please expand.
    I have imagination, depth and am looking longterm, you are the one stating nothing can be done to remove our shackles. thanks for the optimism sparky

5. sbx

sbx Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. crashflow

crashflow Member

Nov 10, 2009
    You know I've been thinking for so long about how ****ed up things are that I am ashamed to admit I haven't spent much time trying to imagine how things might turn around and how I might help be part of a turnaround. I will give it some real thought, and I thank you for pointing that out.

Imagining a future where things come together (and not just in some sort of magical way) is much harder (for me anyway) than imagining a future where things fall apart (as they tend to do). I'm thinking maybe something that could turn things around might have to do with one of the only forces on the planet that money can't buy.

I dunno man. I dunno.

7. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

Sep 17, 2013
    nice sbx

cflow, building a better tomorrow starts with good thoughts today.

8. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

Sep 17, 2013
    some people might say
    but MIS you said planet surfaces are dangerous long term and we should get to space ASAP....how is a volunteer collective going together it together enough to save humanity and get to space?

I dont know, but its unlikely space is in the future for much unless we use an alternative energy as old dead plant juice seems played out.

9. sbx

sbx Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    You know teosinte? The wild ancestor of corn. It's the one on the left.

[​IMG]

People made it into the one on the right, I'm pretty sure it was a volunteer collective that did it, too. That looks at least as hard as going to space to me. I mean, the best we can come up with today is a way to spray the one on the right with plant poison and not have it die.

[video=youtube;dokLwszdUgY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dokLwszdUgY[/video]

10. brewengineer

brewengineer Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Space isn't the future if we keep reducing funding to programs like NASA. If they had half the military budget, we would be walking on Mars by now.

11. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

Sep 17, 2013
    agreed, but NASA is not the only way to space, private space agencies, other nations, etc

and sbx I cant tell if you are being sarcastic>?

12. brewengineer

Jun 22, 2011
    Private agencies are great, but a lot of the money they receive is from NASA. No NASA, no funding.

13. sbx

sbx Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    dead serious. disagree?

14. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

Sep 17, 2013
    well
    I call BS

NASA might be a memory in the distant future, but we will be in space, take that to the bank

and sbx, I guess you are kinda right, might be some caveats, but as a whole I agree
    it is amazing that it can be sprayed with roundup and survive, but maybe not the best item to consume for health

Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
  15. brewengineer

Jun 22, 2011
    Sure it will be a memory, because in that distant future we will hopefully have a global group united in space research. But NASA will outlast you and I.