200$ Delta each way international... is there any way around this charge?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by chad05gt, Aug 6, 2014.

1. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    That's pretty slick!

2. live4truth

live4truth Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2007
    Yea...wish they had something like this for shortboards...nt., the link...has "golf bag" written all over the side of it. Great idea! LINK

3. ZombieSurfer

ZombieSurfer Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2014
    holy crap I just noticed that! yeah idk what the point of the tail piece is, i didn't even see that in the pic until you pointed it out

4. leetymike808

leetymike808 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2013
    It probably makes it the size to fit in a boogieboard bag. (i think counts as normal luggage, why the f would you travel with a sponge anyway?)

5. Spunjer

Spunjer Active Member

Aug 10, 2013
    if you're not a sponger, i guess that won't make any sense...
    went to southeast Asia this past winter; bodyboard bags is $25 one way (delta). not only did it carry my boog, but i also used it to put all my clothes

6. tjc

tjc New Member

Jan 30, 2014
    When i flew to pr last winter i flew southwest All my buddies packed their clothes and such in the their board bags. I just wrapped bubble wrap and that was it so it was super light un like my friends bags Southwest charged them $75 each way and for some reason they didnt charge me a penny for either way.. it was sick! I dont know if they screwed up or what but maybe you should fly southwest and pack super light! good luck mate.

7. EmassSpicoli

EmassSpicoli Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    WTF I'm flying Delta out to Long Beach in the morning and just saw that surfboard fees are $150 per way. I'm flying up to SF from LGB on Saturday night on JetBlue then back to Boston on Sunday night so this will cost me $250 total to bring a board out and back and have airlines ding it three times.

Usually wouldn't need to bring a board as I keep one out at buddy's but he doesn't get out of work tomorrow til 4 so I'd miss most of my sesh then I need a board to charge SF with. If I can figure a place to rent for tomorrow I may just bring out a travel bag, but a board out there as I usually do off CL then it will cost $100 total to bring it to SF and back home. What you guys think?

8. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    i think it was dsup who commented the airlines couldn't do **** to his coil.
    i liked that.

9. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Bring a board (or two) & leave it somewhere safe, in a board bag. You go out to the left coast several times per year from what you indicate. Or make some friends out there & borrow boards for your brief sojourns.

I love to take surf treks but the domestic airlines blow.

10. EmassSpicoli

Apr 16, 2013
    Right on bro, as mentioned, I've got a bud out there that I keep a 6'2 Altered MTF with. He's working later than when I'll be on the water tomorrow so I won't be able to score it in time. Other Swellers in the area have offered to lend me sticks as well which is great. Problem is they're in SD and I'll be flying into LGB for 1pm so I'll need to charge No. OC/So. LA at least for Friday to get reasonable water time with sunlight.

The whole thing that trows this out of whack is the $150 on the way out there. JB at $50 a pop for the next two segments is a breeze.

11. neptunehui

neptunehui Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    IF going to Rincon stay at www.vrbo.com #214129 we include a quiver of long and shortboards with the condo save you $200 bucks and the hassle of lugging it through the airports only to pay extra to have the baggage handlers break your favorite board INSANE!!!!!

12. EmassSpicoli

Apr 16, 2013
    Anywayz...

13. salt

salt Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    that VRBO place looks sick. i'm thinking that's right across from the Lazy Parrot. those units still for sale, playa?