Gull Wing BLEF fin

Discussion in 'Global Surf Talk' started by Roy Stuart, Oct 4, 2014.

1. EmassSpicoli

EmassSpicoli Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
  2. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012

3. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    1) take the ferry (not the gnome; well, i suppose him too..) between the no. and so. islands.
    they won't know what to do without it.
    2) wellington is the capital; so. end of no. island.
    3) have a plan that includes sheep.
    4) they will retreat to nelson (so. island; counter-culturish...)
    5) do it while the aussies are sleeping or better yet while drunk. (their forces are allied).

then, whilst they are in the throes of defeat quick switch it for newark, new jersey.

4. brewengineer

brewengineer Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2011
    I need to get together with you and try those bad boys out. If you need a dremel for the center fin, I have one.

5. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Sheeit, look at the other one, on page 129 right aboot now. I love when Roy does this.

Statement of authoritative knowledge.

Again.

Repeat.

6. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    A rasp or file works well. It took 10 minutes or so.

7. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Or take a dead blow hammer & a steel chisel to it. Will the result really even matter...?

8. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    This was the moment in time that, for me, took the gnome thread to new lows of hilarity. Possibly the MOTY (Moment of the Year): that being when the gnome came unhinged & took on the entire SI Forum.

Like one of those meltdown moments you see on youtube....

9. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    [video=youtube;SWmQbk5h86w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWmQbk5h86w[/video]

10. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
  11. kidrock

kidrock Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    The "Trojan Horse" ploy worked well against the Greeks...maybe a "Trojan Sheep" could work just as well for an invasion of NZ? Taking into account, of course, that the locals may attempt a massive buggerization of such a fantastic Amazonian sheep.

Have fun with this, GitCarter:

Sheep.jpg

sheep_humping_.jpg

12. rcarter

rcarter Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009

13. Slashdog

Slashdog Well-Known Member

May 22, 2012
    Roy's a difficult human to communicate with over the internet. He may be slyly increasing his publicity at all costs, he may be a legit board/fin manufacturer who has poor social skills, he may be a d*ck; or not.

But he definitely did give in to SI public opinion by sending out the fins. Seeing as he is primarily "internet surfing famous," the resultant criticism could significantly impact the US market for his product. There's credit due for that risk, I think he deserves that at least.

I don't think it's fair to blame him for the difference in boxes either; it's easy for someone who doesn't shape to criticize. But I'm sure there's master shapers in many countries who are unaware of such differences because their market is highly localized (what we so often champion). D*ck or not, he is a craftsman.

If you hate your neighbor, don't ask to borrow his lawnmower.

14. EmassSpicoli

EmassSpicoli Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    If he's so cutting-edge and has dedicated his adult life to this craught, wouldn't he have full awareness of something so major and fundamental as differences in fin boxes across nations? Bro, he's attempting to sell goods across international waters isn't he? Then he should have an adequate grasp on the technical aspects of his market.

How retail are his products if they're not plug and play? The half-finished board from Green Light in Jerz are sold that way so the hobbyists can finish the process themselves and acquire that skill and knowledge. That's a main asspect of the purchase, product, and experience. Whittling down metal tabs on fins is hardly analogous and no one purchasing the fins is aiming to be a master fin whittler. If some of his product line necessitates customer labor, that should be fully addressed prior to and after the purchase as part of the deal.

I think the root of this conflict lies in the nature of his response and overall demeanor/outlook to the situation. There's no entitlement in the capitalist market, it's all cutthroat; Roy was demanding entitlement. Can he reserve the right to refuse any potential customer? Sure he can. Are potential customers likewise privy to tell any peddler to screw as well? Yes, and they will if you conduct yourself as he has.

People remember little of what you did or what you said; they always remember how you made them feel. Customer service, no matter how online-based our purchases become, will always be based on how you made the customer feel, both in the performance and ease of your product as well as your personal support and interaction. How'd the "Roy Stuart Surf Experience" make sisurfdogg feel when he got a problematic product he couldn't initially use and didn't know why, then was told to F off repeatedly in follow up?

Roy Stuart has never closed a million-dollar surfboard sale or anything close to it. He can't even make usable fins off the shelf. He's a complete sham and charlatan, and one lacking any sense of humility.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  15. bubs

bubs Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    How does Roy make fins if they aren't out of wood?

Also some thing is fishy! If a board is 1,000,000 how is a fin only 199.00?

Whats the deal with that? Roy is already whoring out his company name for cheap and quick profit????

16. Roy Stuart

Roy Stuart Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Actually I immediately said that there seems to be slight differences in dimensions between manufacturers.

Then it was mentioned on this thread that there might be a difference between USA and Australian made boxes due to a metric/ imperial issue. I searched over the next couple of days and found that there is, it was mentioned in only one search result.

Keep in ind that while I was repeatedly advising that two minutes with a sanding block at the bottom of the fin base will enable the fin to fit, I was being told not only that I was wrong and that it was pin diameter but was being abused by a group of members including the fellow who received five free fins after asking for one.

As everyome knows, it is common for some adjustment to be made to single fins to get a proper fit in boxes... so the reaction here was clearly ridiculous and was merely a continuation of the abuse dished out on a regular basis... in other words the self professed haters here were looking for anmy excuse to continue their HOTY competition using me as the subject based on an excuse which is beyond flimsy.

17. bubs

bubs Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Roy we expect fins from a million dollar board maker to fit!!!!!!!!!!

18. bubs

bubs Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    I wouldnt buy a supercar only to have them tell me......well you need to tune the engine a bit or it wont run.....

19. Roy Stuart

Roy Stuart Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013

.. don't ask him to GIVE you his lawnmower...

20. bubs

bubs Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    RoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoyRoy