Thanksgiving SI thread

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by bubs, Nov 26, 2014.

1. bubs

bubs Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Happy early Thanksgiving my fellows.

Please feel free to use this thread tomorrow if/when you get into an awkward family situation and you need to sneak somewhere and post.

May the turkey (or Tofurkey) be moist and may you not run out of beer.

Wishing everyone a fun day tomorrow.

2. bubs

bubs Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Also for today on the eve please post your gameplans/menus/etc.........

3. Losttsol

Losttsol Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2013
    I'm surfing first thing in the morning. After that I've got to start cooking. I got conned into making a dish this year, so I'm going with a cornbread and smoked ham stuffing. If it goes over well I will post the recipe here, since I know many of you are from Jersey and points north where that kind of dish is foreign to you. Then I will probably start with bourbon before the meal, wine during, and finish with bourbon, unless I'm too drunk and then I'll finish with beer. I will also watch football and root for the Lions and against the Cowboys like I do every year.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  4. Ryan7

Ryan7 Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2011
    P1180001.jpg

Dinner, DP Gear Check, perhaps a Modern Family and a glass of Fall Saints, hit the sack, DP, Breakfast, more surf, inlaws' for dinner, parents' for round 2, bed, Black Friday DP. Surf around lowtide the rest of the weekend. Menu: Turkey, Stuffing, Corn, Mashed Potatos, all the usual sides, Apple/Blueberry/Cherry pies from Delicious Orchards.

5. Peajay4060

Peajay4060 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Happy Thanksgiving you jive turkeys
    Early surf. Big family gathering after.
    Got 2 bottles of Narwhal barrel aged imperial stout.

I'm thankful for so many things I couldn't' begin to name them.
    Enjoy the day guys

6. bubs

bubs Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010

I just picked up a four pack of these bad boys. Prettttty good stout.

7. MY SAVIOR

MY SAVIOR Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    You root for the lions against the cowboys and I will make sure my eagles beat the cowboys.......that would make 2 losses in 1 day for the cowboys.

8. eastbeast

eastbeast Active Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Turkey Day swell in store for Jersey. Makes up for overrated food and mass amounts of preparation

9. Tlokein

Tlokein Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2012
    Driving to the beach for Tday dinner at Mom's then making some sort of sacrifice to ye gods that changes the 1.1 @ 11secs fcast.

If I can ever get out of work today that is...

10. White Castle drop knee

White Castle drop knee Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2014
    That sheeit would give me the poops

11. chicharronne

chicharronne Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2006
    I'd like to thank Geebus Kripes for making me concentrate on my bidniz. Thanks GK for weening me off waves gradually. You gave me a record amount uncrowded waves the 1st 4 years, EVEN IN JULY. Then, gradually, year by year, you lessen the hold mudder ocean had on me. She was an addiction and you knew it. Finally this year, you gave me a few small, unsatisfying sessions and showed my that harlot has no hold on me. Sure I wake up screaming her name at night, but I haven't beat the wife in months.
    AHMAIN

12. juliaep

juliaep Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2011
    I'm putting the turkey in the oven and then I'm going surfing!! I'll get home in time to take the turkey out of the oven eat - HA!

13. CDsurf

CDsurf Well-Known Member

May 10, 2014
  14. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2013
    we need a swellgiving feast like no body's bidnezz

wed the 3rd at the pic in AC?

word

15. Spongegnar

Spongegnar Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    I'm thankful for tubes and big ol titties

16. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Would like to get out there early tomorrow AM too, but wifey would have a fit. Was able to get some time in the water off Dam Neck yesterday at lunchtime for an hour. Due to out of town travel, it had been 12 days since my last time out. Got my mojo back.
    Heading up to Hampton with my folks to have T-giving with my brother's family. May still make that shrimp and grits dressing.

17. EmassSpicoli

EmassSpicoli Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Good morning buoys, hope all of you have a safe and enjoyable surf this morning (it's gnar in NE) as well as an excellent time with family later in the day. Happy Thanksgiving!

18. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  19. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Yeah, that pretty much sums up my year of surf, too. Well, except for the wife beating part.:rolleyes:

20. NJ glide

NJ glide Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2013
    Today is my first turkey day with no family style dinner. Its just me and my son. Before this for 10 years it was torture. Dinners with my x's fam who basically have a thanksgiving 5 hr argument then when you do eat the food sucks cause its cold. I really could have used this thread then. Before those 10 yrs my fam would all gather at my grandparents house for a traditional dinner and good times, I miss those days. Still cooking all the fixins for me and my boy so this is an improvement compared to the last 10yrs. The boy doesn't have a wetsuite yet or we would be surfing, he grows out of stuff too fast right now, id have to buy him one every 3 months if we set that precedent. Next year I might though as soon as $ is less of an object.