Pipe Masters 2014 Is On

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by yankee, Dec 9, 2014.

1. dreamsofpakalas

dreamsofpakalas Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2014
    preach on braddah paulie

2. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Tell your woes to your wife, clown. Spare us your tale of clueless misery.

3. ibc

ibc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2014
    LOL

Hey yank. In the big scheme of things, it don't affect me no matter how the contest turns out. It just seems wrong for the Pipe event to be small. Like upsetting the natural balance of the surfing universe.

No misery here, or wife, though.

Life is good.

Sorry if the contest ain't workin out so far. Hope the swell picks up, and it turns out ok.

:)

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  4. kgelles

kgelles Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Hey... I was wondering if I was the only one that enjoyed the live feeds of the surf...even when there's no contest in action. It's very relaxing to watch and listen while I worked today.

5. SI_Admin

SI_Admin Guest

They don't have a choice anymore, they are going to have to run all day today. Buoy is at 6ft @ 14 seconds this morning, which is decent 6-8 surf, but nothing major. Its going to slowly fade through the day, so hopefully there the semis/finals will still have decent waves. Not sure if they will get all heats in today, but tomorrow looks small.

6. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
  7. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    People have already started second-guessing the decision to go lay day last Saturday when Pipe was huge.

8. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    rights: advantage dusty
    small: advantage medina

9. Tuono

Tuono Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    ASP and sponsor money: advantage Medina all the way. Bye Kelly, 11 was the number.

10. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    you don't think they buy into Dustys' "giant killer" theme?

11. salzsurf

salzsurf Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2011
    It's really too bad they can't go today and then hold off to finish on Sunday. I suppose surfing should be like other sports at times where you need to perform in less-than-ideal conditions.

12. Tuono

Tuono Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Not this time around..but what do I know. Dusty is really fun to watch.

13. HighOnLife

HighOnLife Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2014
    But then its not fun to watch for fans, online viewers, and people on the beach...Its all for the social media and money, more viewers, more money, more sponsors. Whats more fun? Watching John John in 4 foot ehukai or watching John John in 15 foot 2nd reef pipe?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  14. HighOnLife

HighOnLife Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2014
    Not as fun as john john haha

15. salzsurf

Feb 11, 2011
    Hey man, I want the same thing, but life isn't fair most of the time. Not sure what your logic is behind your argument regarding viewership and sponsor dollars, but I'm sure they would rather run the contest on Sunday (out of the contest window unfortunately) in great conditions with most of the free world having the ability to stream the event.

16. Special Whale Glue

Special Whale Glue Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2011
    You and HOL should be the new contest director(s).

Perrow is doing just fine. Regardless of your desires, the ocean is doing whatever the f*ck it wants, as it always has, and always will.

Where did you(s) learn to surf, in a bathtub?

17. salzsurf

Feb 11, 2011
    I think he's been doing a good job. Mother Nature just hasn't been cooperative. I suppose I also don't understand why they have to finish tomorrow with great conditions coming in Sunday. I know it's outside of the contest window, but what's another day in the scheme of things when it's the end of the tour and they've been waiting for these conditions for two weeks.

18. ihatelongboarders

ihatelongboarders Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2007
    [​IMG]

19. salzsurf

Feb 11, 2011
    Awesome

20. SI_Admin

SI_Admin Guest

Looking at the live cam now. Still dark, but you can see some solid waves, but conditions are still real funky. Too much sand on the reef... Going to be an interesting day of heats.