will you read?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by bubs, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Moon dog

Moon dog Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    I know for a fact death is a door to the next awareness. That is the only way I can describe it.
    When the vital signs drop on comes peace.

2. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Do whatever gives you peace. For many, its "faith"... literally defined as belief in something you can't be sure of. For others, it's not. For me, my religious believes are a personal thing, and I don't share much about it with other people. But if you live your daily life in a way that gives you peace, you become more consumed with the here and now, and making your life rich with what matters to you, and less motivated by what happens when you leave this world. And when you are truly living a life that satisfies you, and leaves you at peace with yourself and the world at the end of each day, you really are living in the moment, every moment, and the world is a more beautiful place. And you're content with your place in it.

This quote has been done to death, but Gandahi said, "Be the change you wish to see in the world." Thinking about how your life can affect others is a powerful thing, and brings me a lot of peace.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015

3. bubs

bubs Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Interesting and thank you all.

I know we keep it light on here but the thing in France and a few other things had me deep in thought.

4. bubs

bubs Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    It's just that fear.

Guess that's also what drives people to surf huge waves and what not.

5. bubs

bubs Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Like someone said. It seems there is no answer.

Only what we got!

6. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Those people have made their lives their own hell... living tortured lives, and never finding peace in anything.

7. all4blues

all4blues Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2013
    Belief and reality can be tricky topics. What is real/reality to 1 person is not to another, and the same goes with a belief. Ultimately both of these things shape who we are as individuals and as a group. One's reality could be viewed as an influence or inspiration to another who could then choose to believe in that. It is "energy" being transferred. Its life. Its a cycle. Its a beautifully crafted thing where all is not lost, or found, but chosen, then re-arranged. At the end of the day we're all in the same boat, it's just where you choose to, or believe your sailing to that will literally set your course, so why not chose something good? Deep thread Bub's.

8. bubs

bubs Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Btw not really looking for answer or comfort.

Just to inspire critical thinking and discussion I suppose.

Well I guess I am looking but well.....you know.

9. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    is there surfing on the other side of that door?

and the gandhi quote needs this upgrade: (add to end) -" then get pilloried for it."

10. surfin

surfin Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2012
    we become worm poo . theres your answer , worm poo or ant farts .

11. DonQ

DonQ Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    We need to humble or lives and find that love is the only answer. When we are confronted with death we see it is the only thing that matters. The rest will take its natural course when we are true to our emotions. Chin up!

12. cbb09

cbb09 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2008
    Great question, definitely surfing on on crisp bowling waves that last for days and oceans of new castle and hee haw girls at your disposal at the end of every session.

Best way for peace of mind for me is to be still. Listen to whats on the inside. Get a higher purpose for life and go it.

13. Towelie

Towelie Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    here you go, lets zoom in a little:
    it's not good quality, taken before hardware upgrades but hey.... for last year - not bad :D

G0050311.jpg

G0130425.jpg
    (these are gopro images haha, the whole thing didn't fit in the eyepiece, so... )

perhaps a photoshop crew can put a little green man up there somewhere.

and last but not least.... the great god Mars. sorry about the quality, no auto guider yet.

Screen Shot 2015-01-11 at 10.57.55 AM.jpg
    (dslr through optics)

and a soundtrack to taste
    [video=youtube_share;kWChhdIgT6Q]http://youtu.be/kWChhdIgT6Q[/video]

14. Deepee king

Deepee king Well-Known Member

May 30, 2013
    The only real option we have (AS surfers) is to comit our lives to Surfianity. I took the step ten years ago. Ever since, swell by swell she (mother nature) has, has made me a changed man. First you must say the ABC's of Surfianity, they are as follows. A:admit you are not a perfect surfer, B: believe only surfing can save you, C: commit your life to surfing. If you truely believe these things, you wont float up in the sky on clouds (theres no heaven up there, we have telescopes and spaceships that have proved that), but you will be a happy person. Thats it braj

15. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Good discussion, glad you know who hasn't hijacked the thread yet (give it time). Truth is nobody really knows. Even if you have a really strong belief system you will often question it. It doesn't matter how many books you read or how many people you listen to, none of it first hand experience. They call it faith because you have to believe in something that can't be proven. Even if you are 100% convinced it's still natural to wonder if your belief is the right one.

I mean, what if you spent your entire life believing something and then when it's all said and done it was a complete waste of time and turns out it's not at all what happens when you're gone? I get where you're coming from. It's a deep topic no doubt.

What I use to believe and what I believe now are totally different and i'm sure what I believe in 20 more years will be different than today. I guess we go through different stages of enlightenment like someone else said earlier. Call it wisdom or whatever, but I feel like I have a better understanding at 33 than I did at 23. Although, i'm sure I don't know anything when it's all said and done.

What I've always found fascinating is talking to those who have flat lined but been revived, like my wife for example. Most will tell you that there is a sudden sense of nothingness followed by comfort, contentment, and ultimate peacefulness. Some talk about "seeing the light". Now, i'm not sure if that's because they were good people and that was "heaven" for them and that others have a different experience if they were "bad" people, but I have yet to hear anybody who has been on the "other side" say anything "scary" about it. It's always a comforting type of message that they try to convey when asked about it. Then again, maybe it takes a little while longer for the real after life to set in, meaning, maybe they weren't really "dead" but our man made instruments couldn't detect that, for all we knew they were gone, but were they really? Did they really see the light or go to heaven or did they just get close... really close.

What I did when I turned 30 was started paying closer attention to the now, making every day count and trying to leave no regrets behind. If I had a dream or desire to do something I started putting wheels in motion to achieve them. A lot of people sit and dream of things but never go after them, I have been guilty of that at times, so when I realized I was doing that I quickly got my sh*t together and realized time is limited. Make the most of the time we got.

Ask yourself this question. What is your Epitaph? What will people remember of you? How will people talk about you to others? If it's dull and boring then do something about it and get out and live life, do as much as you can do to be happy. If it's pretty negative then make some changes. If it's exactly what would want then keep doing what your doing. Just be sure to "stop and smell the roses" along the way. Don't get so caught up in chasing happiness that you pass right by it. Enjoy the journey in other words. Don't take anything for granted.

Appreciate every day as a gift, as cliche as that sounds, it really is a gift. I lost my brother when he was 8 years old. I can feel his "spirit" or "energy" anytime I think about him. He had a very short time on this earth but I know without a shadow of a doubt he lived every day to the fullest and was loved by anybody who came in contact with him. He impacted hundreds of people without even realizing it. He is still talked about today by many and he lives on. Hopefully one day I get to "see him again" but if not hopefully I can hang onto the memories forever. I just don't want it to come to an end like empty nothingness. There's gotta be more to it than that. Maybe by surfing as much as possible I can store enough memories and images in my mind that I can mind surf for eternity?

16. all4blues

all4blues Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2013
    Mmm... DSup. I like it. I like hitting on the idea of your faith or beliefs evolving over time due to new discoveries, self or otherwise, and not confining them to structure (religion). Also, I hear you on the "being 30+ and putting wheels in motion towards achievement." So true.

17. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Thanks brother, I have many deep thoughts after a solid wake and bake :)

18. REDDZ

REDDZ Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2011
    LOVE! The ultimate truth has been revealed and it is better than anything we could have imagined. Reminding myself of this chases off all sadness and fear.

19. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

You guys all sound like members of an islamist cult, or a hindu cult, or a christian cult, if you wish.
    Very cultish.
    A suggestion--instead of surfing, why don't you all join a religious movement in Ghana? Clears up the the surf breaks!!! <grin>