Whats with all the hate on SI

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by illuminite, Jan 12, 2015.

1. illuminite

illuminite Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2014
    I don't get it.. Why are there so many sour people on here? Surfing forum is more like a forum filled with a bunch of angry old men ripping on people.

Go ahead flip out, rip on me, tell me because i have less than 40 posts my opinion means nothing.

fyi to you hardcore SI senior members such as yankee; get a f**king life.

bye.

2. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Senior member here:

FYI I think most of the ppl on here are like 14 or something... Proabably live in Idaho and have never seen Belmar, NJ or the ocean for that matter... Soooo that's probably why they are so angry and upset

3. raddadbrad

raddadbrad Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2015
    Bitter tools bro! I dont even think half of them surf. Wise aces

4. metard

metard Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2014
    it does get old

5. 3rdperson

3rdperson Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2014
    I've never once been hated on in here... until yesterday. haha. seems to be infectious

6. 3rdperson

3rdperson Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2014
    I've never once been hated on in here... until yesterday. haha. Seems to be infectious

7. FUN

FUN Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2014
    >asks why people are so sour on here
    >tells someone to "get a f**king life" in the same post

maybe you're the problem

8. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Yea I gotta agree with the Tard...

Most of the posts are just long rants... Non surf related... I always try to bring it back to surfing by mentioning Belmar, NJ... But it doesn't really work well for some reason...

#saltlife
    #seniormember

9. rcarter

rcarter Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Treads about HOTY's and how terrible of reps the senior members are get old. Illuminite I'm not going to rip on you even though you started a tread that you know will bring hate upon you.

I'm gonna break it down for youz guyz. Surfing is one of the last if not only remaining sport/lifestyle (not trying to start that fight) where we disdain things like surf schools, how to books, etc. Now I'm all for getting advice and try to not derail or start wars in treads asking for real advice. But as others have said how many wetsuite, PR, CR, what fins, what board for this Saturday BS treads do we need? The Wayne, Roy and Hello treads are going to bring flame and destruction but most all of the "real" treads make it through just fine. I find it funny that our group that have always been seen as "lazy", antisocial outsiders who make our own rules are so anal about some online fun.

Now as to the "Senior Member" crap. Get over it, it's just a stupid title based on # of posts. I would not care if they did away with it all together and same with the post count. Who gives a sh!t? Saying someone's post carries more weight because 4000 others came before it is moronic. Sure new members may not have as much knowledge on SI lore and our inside jokes but they can have great knowledge of surfing and other topics we discuss/debate. New members on a forum will always be treated with more tough love and less hugs.

Finally it's constantly said that the hater crew and a few others take this too "seriously" and need to get a life but I ask if you you are bothered by an internet forum post then who is taking things too seriously?

That is all, I will now return to being a rude, horrible, forum destroying "Senior Member":p

10. rcarter

Jul 26, 2009
    Wow Grom you summed up my novel in a nice short story. Bravo.

11. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    I don't think I've ever been hated on, but I sit on tthe outside of the pack. Just catch a few to let 'em know you are there and you know what you are doing. People respect that. If I need to get in the mix, I'll do it.

12. Deepee king

Deepee king Well-Known Member

May 30, 2013
    Jack Grisham of TSOL says it best, "all surfers really are a** holes".

13. rcarter

Jul 26, 2009
    That's the right method man. That's why you got Da Respect!

14. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Well played Fun.

Raddadbrad if that's you that's a sick turn. There's some love

15. bubs

bubs Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    What's with all the hate?

People seeking attention.

16. raddadbrad

Jan 10, 2015
    sorry bro I just joined to sell that board and you erked me a bit .

17. Mattnjsurf

Mattnjsurf Well-Known Member

May 5, 2014
  18. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Thank you, sir

19. raddadbrad

Jan 10, 2015
    plus I was listening to Pantera