GoPro Of The World - January

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by brettbarley, Feb 24, 2015.

1. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    speak for yourself.

as for brett - i have this advice:

next year, when you want votes again, try something different than" now you will be doing things for me"
    approach.

2. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    You guys are brutal. Leave Brett alone or come out from behind your anonymous screen names.

3. raddadbrad

raddadbrad Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2015
    Seriouse Fan Here!!!!!! Hey CJ no one is nocking Brett, Andrews wave was better!!!

4. bagus

bagus Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2014
    its all gay , vote for me vote for me, right barry

5. xJohnnyUtahX

xJohnnyUtahX Well-Known Member

May 30, 2010
    I'm surprised Gesslers video didn't have a monologue at the end of it

6. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    I'm not registered to vote, but i voted for Brett. I'm really detached from all that, but I mean, come on, might as well help the guy out.

I heard Balaram Stack is a cool dude in the water...read that several times in different places.

7. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Asking for confirmation from another man is gay.

RadBrad, I think it is a very close call on the two waves.

I think the hard part about this contest and why folks are tripping on Brett's approach is it will come down to a popularity contest. The "begging" part....although if you re-read Brett's post, he was super polite about it.

Anyway, it will come to past and someone is getting 20Gs!!!!!!

8. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    He is a cool dude. I've know him since he was 12 years old and he's always been cool.

9. brettbarley

brettbarley Member

Feb 4, 2014
    Massive Reply List

I'm not sure what you mean about the New Yorkers… And I don't disagree that the whole "vote for me" thing is lame. But if asking for votes can help me win some money, to pay some bills, then I'll put my pride aside. That's the only thing that would keep me from asking, and Pride is rarely ever a good thing. I really wish they decided the winner differently so it didn't come down to "vote for me" campaigns between guys competing for the lead.

I come on here to spread word of the contests i'm in, or videos i've made, to share with anyone that doesn't know about them, and I'm sorry if it comes off differently. I'm not bummed on anyone posting they voted for Gesler. I like that they're honest, and respect that they don't just vote for someone cause they were asked to, but vote on what they think is the best. That's how it should be. I post on here hoping to gather some votes from people that didn't know the contest was going on, and to spread word of the comp, so that GoPro continues to run it.

I'm not trying to "use" anyone for votes. I came and posted to swellinfo to hopefully gather some votes from those who didn't know the comp was going on. I may have asked to vote for me, but I'll never be upset at those who don't.

I am sorry you're bummed about my lack of Thanks after the Grudge Match. I did come on here and reply "Thanks for all the support", but that was before it was officially over. Fisher and I were incredibly appreciative for everyones help in getting us close to winning. I'll try and be better about coming back to swellinfo and spreading thanks after things like this, instead of just Facebook and social media. I just didn't think about it after we lost.

Lastly… I don't aimlessly burn people over and over when theres surf. I'm not sure where you heard that.

I would happily buy someone a soda or some sweet tea if I was ever at the same restaurant.

Like I've said above… I'm not hating on anyone who votes for someone other than me because there are some insane clips on there, that I think are better than mine. I'm just sharing word of the comp since i'm in it, and hoping to gather some votes in the process.

TO THOSE OF YOU WHO VOTED FOR ME…
    Thank you for taking the time to go over to surfline, wait for the ad, and then vote. :)

TO THOSE THAT VOTED FOR GESLER…
    Thanks for at least going on the site and voting for someone! I'm all about people showing support regardless of who it's for.

10. Slystick

Slystick Member

Feb 8, 2014
    Sick vid, I voted for your #100 clip

11. raddadbrad

Jan 10, 2015
    Classy Bret....haters gonna hate bro....

12. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    No Hello thread from SurfingBelmar??? Come on dude, that would've been great.

13. raddadbrad

Jan 10, 2015
    hello threads are gay

14. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    Well brad, looks like we're gonna have to disagree on that one.

15. xJohnnyUtahX

xJohnnyUtahX Well-Known Member

May 30, 2010
    I voted for Dorian

He deserves it, he got burned by Nicholson for Best Actor back in '98

Fu(kin academy has no taste

16. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Yeah, it is a strange approach. It is GoPro marketing their devices. Narcissism at its best.

17. metard

metard Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2014
    idgaf what y'all say

guy rips

[video=youtube_share;Tt34B860Ras]http://youtu.be/Tt34B860Ras[/video]

18. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    why, he's human after all.
    ok i apologize for snotty post.
    pls understand - in south jersey arrogance from guys that bottom-wiggle in contests then
    call themselves local heros........full of it; sick of it, might very well hurl the next time i
    am sprayed at my own local beach by someone who has 10pct of my experience.

if you wanna hear more - why would you - i'll PM you with a vivid example of
    how the "name" guys behave around here. but its prob nothing you would wanna hear...

THEB

19. Hawky

Hawky Well-Known Member

May 9, 2014
    did anyone even look at the dudes from hawaiis waves? Barleys wave was actually better then all of them... that's a pretty big accomplishment for east coasters...

20. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Oh please post the details here!!!!!!

[​IMG]